Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #31
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: Ariza Won't Take Hometown Discount?

No Offence Laker Fans But Ariza Or Odom Aint Coming Back to Much Cash And U Can Tell Odom Aint Goin Come Back If He Aint Gettin A 7 Milli Contract
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #32
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ariza Won't Take Hometown Discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJMayoDaFuture
No Offence Laker Fans But Ariza Or Odom Aint Coming Back to Much Cash And U Can Tell Odom Aint Goin Come Back If He Aint Gettin A 7 Milli Contract
GTFO
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #33
big tuna
Kids at the park dunk on me

big tuna has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJMayoDaFuture
w. t. f.
in one sentence you pulled about 10 eagle, colorados on the english language
big tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:44 AM   #34
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nothing wrong with what OJMayoDaFuture said.

Hes just being realistic.

David Lee might screw us and say something like he wants a 6 year 50 million dollar deal for Ariza.

If thats the case, I don't know what I'd do. If Odom is asking for a cheaper price I'd probably go with Odom and try our best to find someone to replace ariza, which might be the most difficult thing to do.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #35
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
nothing wrong with what OJMayoDaFuture said.

Hes just being realistic.

David Lee might screw us and say something like he wants a 6 year 50 million dollar deal for Ariza.

If thats the case, I don't know what I'd do. If Odom is asking for a cheaper price I'd probably go with Odom and try our best to find someone to replace ariza, which might be the most difficult thing to do.

Odom over Ariza? Why?

1. The alternative to Ariza is Walton, Sasha (who plays better with more minutes), and Morrison.

2. The alternative to Odom is Josh Powell and DJ Mbenga.

3. Lamar always brings something to the table. There's a reason he easily led our team in +/-
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #36
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Odom over Ariza? Why?

1. The alternative to Ariza is Walton, Sasha (who plays better with more minutes), and Morrison.

2. The alternative to Odom is Josh Powell and DJ Mbenga.

3. Lamar always brings something to the table. There's a reason he easily led our team in +/-
ariza over odom, you take ariza and brown if it comes down to it... always take youth when talking quality players, with ariza and brown you have a window of possibly 10 years of solid service with odom it's alot less.

don't get me wrong i love odom but if you take the emotion out of it which the lakers have to do, business sense says you take 2 long term investments for less money over one short term investment. like i said i love odom and hope the lakers can find a way to make this work out but if push comes to shove...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #37
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ariza over odom, you take ariza and brown if it comes down to it... always take youth when talking quality players, with ariza and brown you have a window of possibly 10 years of solid service with odom it's alot less.

don't get me wrong i love odom but if you take the emotion out of it which the lakers have to do, business sense says you take 2 long term investments for less money over one short term investment. like i said i love odom and hope the lakers can find a way to make this work out but if push comes to shove...
Don't forget though Odom is our Bynum insurance...

Another Bynum inury and we have to start Powell???

Not to mention our bench would be MUCH weaker.

For the next 5 years, a 3 player rotation in the frontcourt of Bynum, Gasol, and Odom is unbeatable.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Don't forget though Odom is our Bynum insurance...

Another Bynum inury and we have to start Powell???

Not to mention our bench would be MUCH weaker.

For the next 5 years, a 3 player rotation in the frontcourt of Bynum, Gasol, and Odom is unbeatable.
you can get "bynum insurance" for alot less if that the only concern...

ariza brown combined on the roster is greater than odom alone. that's the gist of my post if choices have to be made you go with youth and talent over age and talent

Last edited by gts : 07-01-2009 at 03:24 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #39
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I view the situation like this. What kind of depth is out there at the 3 and 4 spot? If we lose Ariza, we still have Ariza and Morrison on the roster and there are many capable free agents who will sign at the mid-level exception. However, we don't have any depth at the 4. Our best bet internally would be Josh Powell or someone we sign from our summer league team. And the chances of signing a good free agent big man with the mid-level exception is much less than it would be signing a good free agent small forward at that price.

If Ariza demands too much money and that's highly probably at this point, he is more expendable than Lamar Odom, who's not old.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #40
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man Ariza is not going to get a big contract.

I think his agent is bluffing. As much as ariza loves money, The guy looks like a hometown guy that loves TEAM and winning more than money.

And Why wouldnt he?

He should take a contract of like 6 mil. Someone said he wanted like 7,8?

WTF? Pretend that you signed an 8 mil contract with like Memphis and you paid 1 mil, to play in Los Angeles with great weather and beautiful girls. haha and you paid another mil. to play with under a great organization with great players (Including kobe) under a great coach which has a great history in addition to the chance of winning another ring!!
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #41
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great news around the league so far!!!!

Detroit is about to sign both Charlie V and Gordon.....No way they can sign ariza now.

Memphis got Z-Bo's FAT contract.....theyre out of the loop.

Portland is most likely committing to Turkoglu for 10 mill a year....I dont think they can get him either!

Nice nice nice nice nice!!!!!!

We might be able to Keep Ariza for a lower price because of lack of teams now!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #42
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

its the lakers best interest to wait it out. no need to sign right away all the other teams are going to use their cap space. the only other teams who will be able to offer MLE. he may what 9 million as his agent says but if there are no teams with that money no way he can get it.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #43
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate Mitch's patience and unflappable demeanor... but in moments like this, I love it...

Buss been teachin' him about having a pocker face...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #44
WiltTheStilt
I brick open layups

WiltTheStilt has decent reputationWiltTheStilt has decent reputation

ESPN is reporting that Ariza may be leaning toward other teams becuz hes upset that the Lakers initial offer was so low. Go to ESPN to read the news.
WiltTheStilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #45
big tuna
Kids at the park dunk on me

big tuna has an OK reputation so far

i still don't get how cleveland is supposedly pursuing ariza. they're looking to re-sign varejao who wants $$$ so how in the F are they going to shell out more than the MLE to pay ariza. maybe they deal Z since he expires after this season but there's been no talk of that since the shaq pickup and their payroll's already at roughly 70 mill for next season

*crossing fingers hoping ariza sticks around for the MLE*
big tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: