Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far
Default First real test?

today's game vs the pistons might be the first real test we have to face. the first game aganst wasn't that much of a challange...with one of their key players injuried, today when we face the pistons might be tough for us, i eman these guys domonated the heat by 20 points, what do u guys think will happen??
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

today's game vs the pistons might be the first real test we have to face.

The Wolves wont face their first REAL test until the regular season starts, but I guess this will be as good of a test as u can get in the preseason. Although win or lose, I wouldn't look into it too much.

what do u guys think will happen??

I dont know, but here's what I want to happen:

-Randy Foye score at least 10 pts
-Mark Blount grab at least 8 rebounds
-Eddie Griffin attempt no more than one 3ptr
-Mike James hand out at least 5 assists
-Troy Hudson prove that he's close to 100%
-Trenton Hassell knock down at least one 3ptr and score at least 6 pts
-And most importantly, come out of the game injury-free!
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

want to happen:

- Ricky Davis has another great performance with 2 from 3-point land and a couple jump shots and lots of drawing the foul
- Foye driving the lane instead of shooting 3's
- Griffin grabbing 10+ boards and improving his shot game by game
- Blount grabbing rebounds
- KG shows once again he has a great jump shot
- Trenton Hassell shoots a better percentage than last game and the 3 of course
- hold team to under 90 points if possible

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-13-2006 at 08:38 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:59 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

well i watched that game. pistons are my home team and i was very happy to see maxiel fill it up off the bench. im excited about our depth this season with mcdyess, flip murray, delfino, and maxiel. it was a close game but the pistons won by 5 if you didnt see it. i think it was 111 to 105. there were a lot of sloppy plays and turnovers by both teams though. still rusty.

that said, i thought the wolves looked good too. KG really looked great in the first. i was disapointed that foye was pretty invisible. but then in the 4th he got an and 1 and hit a 3. i think he had some hustle points down low too. i noticed he seemed a lot more comfortable running the offense than as an off-guard.

I forgot his name, but the other wolves rookie was impressive and pretty consistent too. But I have to ask myself why he was getting more touches than Foye.

both teams played pretty equally but the pistons kept putting together runs at the right times. should be some good games between our teams to come.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

-Randy Foye score at least 10 pts
-Mark Blount grab at least 8 rebounds
-Eddie Griffin attempt no more than one 3ptr
-Mike James hand out at least 5 assists
-Troy Hudson prove that he's close to 100%
-Trenton Hassell knock down at least one 3ptr and score at least 6 pts
-And most importantly, come out of the game injury-free!

Well, they got 3&1/2 outta 7 on the things I wanted to see happen against Detroit. KG did his usual thing, and Craig Smith is definitely earning his spot on the active roster. Nice to see T-Hud have a good game. If this game is any indication, Bracey Wright might have played himself into the 15th and final roster spot ahead of Paul Shirley & Tyrone Ellis, who both got DNP-CD's. Mark Blount came back down to earth after his HUGE 8 rebound game against the Bucks to grab 3 boards in 21 minutes, now that's the Mark Blount i'm used to seeing! And it looks like Eddie had a decent game also. But after just 2 preseason games, the 1 thing Dwayne Casey needs to get the T-Wolves working on is TAKING CARE OF THE DAMN BALL. We had another 23 turnovers (9 between our PG's James/Hudson) tonight, which is less than the first game, but still unacceptable. Besides the turnovers, free throws is 1 other thing we gotta work on but i'm not too concerned about that. The 3's weren't falling for us tonight either, but that'll happen. All in all, there were probably more positives to take outta this game than the win against Milwaukee.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:38 AM   #6
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
well i watched that game. pistons are my home team and i was very happy to see maxiel fill it up off the bench. im excited about our depth this season with mcdyess, flip murray, delfino, and maxiel. it was a close game but the pistons won by 5 if you didnt see it. i think it was 111 to 105. there were a lot of sloppy plays and turnovers by both teams though. still rusty.

that said, i thought the wolves looked good too. KG really looked great in the first. i was disapointed that foye was pretty invisible. but then in the 4th he got an and 1 and hit a 3. i think he had some hustle points down low too. i noticed he seemed a lot more comfortable running the offense than as an off-guard.

I forgot his name, but the other wolves rookie was impressive and pretty consistent too. But I have to ask myself why he was getting more touches than Foye.

both teams played pretty equally but the pistons kept putting together runs at the right times. should be some good games between our teams to come.

I think the guy you are talking about is Craig Smith. I don't know why he gets more touches. Maybe because he can push anybody around in the paint he wants to. It's great the way he is playing and he's a second round draft pick. I love the guy so far. He's so ripped and heavy duty.

I think we might of gotten a steal in this guy. I don't know how you can not pick the guy...I guess his height was an issue. He's only about 6'7"...but when you can push people around like that...it's not easy to stop them. He's playing PF at 270lbs...it's a beautiful thing. I don't know how he will fair against guys like Duncan though. I guess the guy can only get stronger, he's pretty scrappy...he might be able to do a good job...we will see. I hope he turns out to be a decent player.
I could see him giving bench players a really hard time if he came off the bench for KG.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #7
04mzwach

Wow, we would of killed 'em if it wasn't for all over those turnovers.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #8
04mzwach

Wow, we would of killed 'em if it wasn't for all over those turnovers.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:41 AM   #9
final.wrath
Banned

to be fair, we both turned it over a lot. i doubt we'll see so many in a regular season game.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #10
04mzwach

Hudson, Hudson, Hudson...
Old 10-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
04mzwach

Rashad McCants waiting to be healthy..
Old 10-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

McCants = GOD!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:12 AM   #13
final.wrath
Banned

wow that was a logical jump in the flow of conversation
Old 10-15-2006, 03:43 AM   #14
04mzwach

Gay posted 21 points last night. I hope Foye turns out to be a superstar...otherwise it makes it look even worse that we didn't draft Gay.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #15
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Gay posted 21 points last night. I hope Foye turns out to be a superstar... otherwise it makes it look even worse that we didn't draft Gay.

what do u mean, EVEN worse? Is everyone forgetting that it's preseason and that neither Randy Foye or Rudy Gay have even played in a regular season game yet? Let's give Foye some time before anyone starts to regret selecting him over any other rookie.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: