Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Odom not likely to resign?? - ESPN firsttake

Someone plz tell me this isn't true and ESPN IS BS! I was watching First take this morning and they were discussing how Hedo and Odom are both unlikely to sign with their respective teams.

PLZ TELL ME THIS IS ANIGHTMARE AND IM GOING TO WAKE UP SOON
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Odom not likely to resign?? - ESPN firsttake

Odom has expressed his willingness to take a hometown discount to stay with the Lakers. He accepted his role. In fact, he's thrived in it. Until free agency opens and teams start making moves, nobody knows much of anything right now. I think the Lakers spend the money to bring Ariza and Odom back.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It also depends on how much David Lee demands from the lakers. He seems to want to screw us every year.

I don't understand why this sh!thead hates us. Every year he childlishly goes through the media to make a point.

If I ever met him in person I'd spit in his face.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's just noise...lol

there are a glut of free agents this off season and not alot of teams willing to spend money for various reasons, there are going to be alot of guys who thought they were going to cash in taking the MLE.

too many teams watching next year for a shot at one of the big names and too many teams watching the economy with a jaundiced eye to jump in with both feet.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

The subject of this thread makes me I trust Mitch if LO walk away.

But whats going to be even fun to watch if LO walks is GTS,Lakerfreak watching Mitch go after players like Ron

Sorry guys its just I know how much the both of you don't want Ron...

Ron or Hedo work for me but, let hope LO stay
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It also depends on how much David Lee demands from the lakers. He seems to want to screw us every year.

What? Doesn't Lee play for the Clippers or the Knicks?

Quote:

But whats going to be even fun to watch if LO walks is GTS,Lakerfreak watching Mitch go after players like Ron

Odom is irreplaceable. Everyone on that team including Phil is always saying how Odom is the key to the Lakers.

Odom is a solid 3, 4 and 5.

Turk is a solid 3
Ron is a solid 2 and maybe 2.

Gotta get Odom back.. I'm hoping Mitch knows how important Odom is to that team... if not there are going to be a lot of pitch-fork carrying Laker fans and chances are no repeat.

RESIGN ODOM YOU FRAUD
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
By Elliott TeafordStaff Writer

One by one, they said they hoped to come back to play for another NBA championship next season.

Trevor Ariza, Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown said they were happy and at home with the Lakers and wanted to re-sign with the team.

The Lakers want them back, too. General manager Mitch Kupchak and coach Phil Jackson each said the journey to a second consecutive league title begins by re-signing the three unrestricted free agents.

Kupchak made two moves toward retaining the services of Ariza, Odom and Brown when he traded two of the Lakers' three draft picks for cash and future selections. He didn't want to add players or their salaries to the roster.

The next and most important step begins at 9 p.m. today.

That's when Kupchak can begin negotiations with agents for the players. It's also when general managers for 29 other teams can begin pursuing Ariza, Odom and Brown in hopes ofluring away three valuable members of the Lakers' 2008-09 championship team.

Money, as always, will play an all-important role in where they land.

Kupchak made it clear he doesn't have blank checks to hand out, and issues such as the salary cap and luxury tax could mean he won't be able to afford to re-sign them. He also doesn't know how high other teams might go in order to sign them.

Because they are unrestricted free agents, the Lakers do not have the right to match outside offers for Ariza, Odom and Brown. It means the talks might go quickly, with the players agreeing to new deals within a matter of minutes or hours.

Negotiations between teams and restricted free agents tend to take longer.

Compounding matters is Kobe Bryant's right to terminate his contract by 9 p.m. today and join Ariza, Odom and Brown as a free agent. Bryant indicated he intends to stay put until his contract expires after the 2010-11 season, however.

"I can't speak to `likely' or `most likely' or `likelihood,' but I would say we're hopeful," Kupchak said when asked to characterize the possibility of re-signing all three players and keeping the roster intact for another run at the title next season.
Eight players are under contract for $74 million. If the Lakers re-sign Ariza, Odom and Brown, it could add another $20 million or so to their payroll. If they pick up the team options on three other players, the figure could rise even more.

Last season, the Lakers' opening-night payroll was about $82 million, well above the salary cap ($58.680 million) and the luxury tax ($71.150 million). Kupchak expects the salary cap to decline for the first time in history and the luxury tax to drop with it.

more here, good read
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_12718723?source=rss_viewed
Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1

? what gave you that impression? lol
Old 06-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

^^^Great read gts..Thanks..However I don't believe we are going to be able to re-sign both Ariza and LO....+
Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
? what gave you that impression? lol

What? Ron Ron..If we talking about him just reading your post about the dude. Case I'm reading wrong..
Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
What? Ron Ron..If we talking about him just reading your post about the dude. Case I'm reading wrong..
lol it was a joke you goober.. haha
Old 06-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol it was a joke you goober.. haha
Dang I got it.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

lol easy there tiger. I said i'd pursue him if either Ariza or Odom was gone.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #14
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't believe everything you hear.

Odom is far more likely to return than Hedo.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:42 AM   #15
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
ESPN firsttake
This is one of the "coffee break" shows with 2 hosts and a rotating cast of guests... I forget the hosts names, but it is a one women / one man team, right? Guys like Skip Bay-Less come on and spout. They also hosted "cold pizza"

I take they about as seriously as I take the NY Post.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: