Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Odom not likely to resign?? - ESPN firsttake

I think Odom is now guaranteed to stay since we keep saving money with these moves lol.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #17
Torious
Great young streetballer

Torious has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I think Odom is now guaranteed to stay since we keep saving money with these moves lol.

I agree, he'll be offered more then the MLE and there aren't too many teams that could match that at this point. I think pretty much the only team that is badly in need of an upgrade on the 4 is Memphis (maaaaybe OKC)... and I don't see Odom go there for all the money in the world.
Torious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torious
I agree, he'll be offered more then the MLE and there aren't too many teams that could match that at this point. I think pretty much the only team that is badly in need of an upgrade on the 4 is Memphis (maaaaybe OKC)... and I don't see Odom go there for all the money in the world.

I mean, he said he'd leave if it was an offer he couldn't refuse. Noone will give him that though I dont think.

Now we can say that we have 3 legit all-stars, and 2 "star potential" guys.

Im wondering how bynum will get his shots though....
Old 07-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #19
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

We need to keep Odom!
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #20
kap
Great young streetballer

kap has decent reputation

at the lakers parade, they said lamar wasn't going anywhere ^^

fish ron kobe pau bynum

farmar sasha luke odem bynum

fish ron kobe odem pau

i love it
kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #21
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really wouldn't worry about it at this point, no one has been more worried about Odom's departure than me but all the moves we've made (and not made) point to us keeping LO.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Odom wants 10 mil per year, but after the whole Artest deal, it's shown that teams really aren't able to offer anything more than MLE to players, especially contenders.

I expected Odom to sign a 3-4 years deal that will worth about 8 to 9 mil per year. He'll most likely take 1 mil less then what he expected, and he'll be happy with it.

Mitch is making some great moves.
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #23
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

thats great, Odom if anyone deserves way more than the MLE

Quote:
Im wondering how bynum will get his shots though....

Artest and Odom won't really affect how many shots he gets since bynum is a 100% pure inside post player. He's a 100% center as well... playing bynum at PF would even be a stretch.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
bynum is a 100% pure inside post player. He's a 100% center as well...

lool?
Old 07-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #25
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did you read my entire post? I love how you quoted only a section of my post.

Here is the other half
Quote:
playing bynum at PF would even be a stretch.

Bynum is labeled as only being able to play the 5. Pau can play the 4 and the 5 and Odom can play the 3 and the 4 with him being a stretch at the 5. Artest is a perimeter player so obviously he's not going to be taking post players shots.

no hablo ingles?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
Did you read my entire post? I love how you quoted only a section of my post.

Here is the other half

Bynum is labeled as only being able to play the 5. Pau can play the 4 and the 5 and Odom can play the 3 and the 4 with him being a stretch at the 5. Artest is a perimeter player so obviously he's not going to be taking post players shots.

no hablo ingles?

lol I understand perfect english, even better than you...but I was laughing when you had said "100% post player and 100% center".

It reminded me of a time my friend was saying about someone "he is 100% man and 100% male". lol!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #27
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

I mean what i said isnt that big of a stretch..

Quote:
bynum is a 100% pure inside post player

Post players include PFs as well as Centers.. some SFs could operate in the post as well and could be labeled as wanting to stay in the post.

Quote:
He's a 100% center as well...

100% = pure. What I meant by that was that Bynum is a traditional center that would be a huge stretch if you decided to play him at the 4. If you ever play fantasy basketball if you have Bynum if your fantasy league you notice how he only fits into the C slot, not the PF or F slots.

Anyways, yes I did misunderstood what you meant by your first post.

Last edited by triangleoffense : 07-03-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #28
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I could see Memphis offering Odom a huge deal just to get back at us for stealing Pau Gasol. They seem pretty interested in David Lee though so hopefully those 2 are a match made in Heaven.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #29
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I could see Memphis offering Odom a huge deal just to get back at us for stealing Pau Gasol. They seem pretty interested in David Lee though so hopefully those 2 are a match made in Heaven.

Stealing Pau Gasol, are you kidding me? They had Pau for like 6 years and they didn't know how good he was
By trading Pau, they accomplished their goal, which was to dump his huge salary and acquire a serviceable cheap center in Marc Gasol. Their new owner is super cheap, refusing to hire a proven coach and has not shown any interest in recruiting expensive free agents.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: