Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Default Milsap $13M, Boozer $15M

Before now, it was easy to appreciate Milsap's game (priced at less than 1M per year) and rip on Boozer's 12M dollar game.

But, their potential price tags are converging:
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...06300349/1127/
However, if Boozer opts out, he would leave $12.6 million on the table in Utah. Thus, there is a good chance Boozer, as has been widely speculated, would look to start his next contract at $14 million or $15 million.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...30/power-play/
Reports already have Oklahoma preparing to offer Milsap a five-year, $65 million contract

If Boozer decides not to opt out (like Korver), we may have too much in committed salary to match that kind of offer for Milsap.

Who do you like for 10-15M per? Okur/Boozer/Milsap. When they are getting similar salaries, I think I put Milsap at the bottom of my wish list.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: Milsap $13M, Boozer $15M

If your going to pay one of them $12M+... I'd choose Boozer. While he is injury prone... He's younger than Okur, and much more polished than Millsap.

He knows the pick & roll the best, is the best at creating his own shot, and has the best low post. While Millsap has slightly better defense (none of them are "good" btw), it's not good enough to ignore what your losing from Boozer.

If Boozer can just stay healthy, him & Deron will bring you into the playoffs every year... I don't know if you can say the same with Deron + Millsap or Okur. But that being said, they shouldn't overpay for Boozer either.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
If your going to pay one of them $12M+... I'd choose Boozer. While he is injury prone... He's younger than Okur, and much more polished than Millsap.

He knows the pick & roll the best, is the best at creating his own shot, and has the best low post. While Millsap has slightly better defense (none of them are "good" btw), it's not good enough to ignore what your losing from Boozer.

If Boozer can just stay healthy, him & Deron will bring you into the playoffs every year... I don't know if you can say the same with Deron + Millsap or Okur. But that being said, they shouldn't overpay for Boozer either.

Thats exactly the problem I have with getting rid of Boozer, 20/10 guys only come around so often.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Thats exactly the problem I have with getting rid of Boozer, 20/10 guys only come around so often.

Though 20/10 guys with no defense aren't too hard to find for that kind of money.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Oklahoma preparing to offer Milsap a five-year, $65 million contract

They don't have that kind of money do they? What about Green? They denied it as well.

Quote:
Who do you like for 10-15M per? Okur/Boozer/Milsap.

Milsap for sure. Can't see him getting more than 12 though.

Quote:
If Boozer can just stay healthy, him & Deron will bring you into the playoffs every year

They will? They were healthy at the end of the year and they lucked into the playoffs thanks to Amare being hurt. Problem in Utah is that they've probably actually gotten better the past two years but when you stand pat and the teams around you are upgrading you're going to drop in the standings as we've seen.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Though 20/10 guys with no defense aren't too hard to find for that kind of money.

Find me some and ill glady take them
Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Find me some and ill glady take them

You really want Zach Randolph?

I'll pass, thanks.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You

Milsap for sure. Can't see him getting more than 12 though.

He shouldn't be getting more than 9. I certainly don't want him for more than that.

We'll see what happens though.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

I saw our GM say 10M is bordeline crazy, and that we wouldn't match any crazy offers. I'll get the quote later tonight.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess

I'll pass, thanks.

I was just looking at his stats too. Alright you got it but still give me any 20-10 guy on my team besides Z-bo and ill take them.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ers-crazy.html
Quote:
One NBA agent said the Jazz will match unless Millsap's deal is "crazy money." Asked if a contract starting at $10 million per season is just that, the agent dubbed it "borderline crazy." Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor on Tuesday told NBA.com that "we're going to re-sign Paul Millsap unless the number is outrageous," which is a departure from the franchise's initial unequivocal commitment to match

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_12737259
Quote:
That would leave only Oklahoma City and the Jazz for Millsap, with the Jazz capable of matching any offer from the Thunder. They did just that a year ago when Oklahoma City signed C.J. Miles to a four-year, $14.8 million offer sheet. The Thunder have approximately $11 million in cap space, but must also be payroll conscious with Kevin Durant and Jeff Green both in line for contract extensions next summer, followed by Russell Westbroo k in 2011.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess

I'll pass, thanks.

20/10/.500 guys are much more rare. Zach Randolf has shot over 50% once in his career (while averaging 8 ppg). Boozer has shot over 50% every year of his career minus last year (injury problems). Boozer is an efficient 20/10, Randolf is a black hole 20/10.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:35 AM   #13
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
I saw our GM say 10M is bordeline crazy, and that we wouldn't match any crazy offers.

Kind of stupid to tell teams what your limit is. A team that would have bid 9 might go for 10 cuz of that quote.

Quote:
Boozer is an efficient 20/10, Randolf is a black hole 20/10.

Boozer has benifited playing for the Jazz. Can he do it elsewhere? Remains to be seen. Hopefully he gets to try and prove it this year. Zach has done it everywhere in many different systems.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Kind of stupid to tell teams what your limit is. A team that would have bid 9 might go for 10 cuz of that quote.

Boozer has benifited playing for the Jazz. Can he do it elsewhere? Remains to be seen. Hopefully he gets to try and prove it this year. Zach has done it everywhere in many different systems.
Yes. Boozer was shooting well above 500 for Cleveland, and Randolf has managed to pull down team shooting percentages everywhere he has played. Good observation!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #15
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi
I saw our GM say 10M is bordeline crazy, and that we wouldn't match any crazy offers. I'll get the quote later tonight.
Quote:

KOC didnt say that, I forget who said it but it wasn't KOC, he's not stupid enough to say things like that, when has he ever even slightly tipped his hand to other teams around the league? He is very hush hush, sucks that we dont get more rumors but thats how it is.

Here it is

Quote:
One NBA agent said the Jazz will match unless Millsap's deal is "crazy money." Asked if a contract starting at $10 million per season is just that, the agent dubbed it "borderline crazy."
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ers-crazy.html

Last edited by New Jazzy Nets : 07-03-2009 at 07:07 PM.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: