Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Kobe Bryant won't opt out of contract

Quote:
Thus sayeth ESPN's Chad Ford, citing his sources. I'll poke around for confirmation or more reports of the same nature, but for now, that appears to be the word on Kobe Bryant.

Well, in addition to who WON'T be coaching (Coach K denied a rumor) the team next season, perhaps we also know who won't be sitting in front of a table with Rob Pelinka, Mitch Kupchak and Jerry Buss dwelling over the semantics of contract language. Not during this particular month, at any rate.

I'd like to say it's one less thing to worry about, but with the free agent madness officially underway in five hours, I imagine expressing sentiments even kissing cousins to "Don't worry, be happy" will go heavily ignored.

More info as it arrives.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/

Quote:
Kobe won't opt out
By Elliott Teaford on June 30, 2009 3:38 PM

Nothing official from the Lakers as yet, but ESPN.com has just posted a story that says Kobe Bryant will not terminate the final two years of his contract and become a free agent. He had until 9 p.m. tonight to let the Lakers know he would opt out of his deal. ESPN.com quoted unnamed sources. The story also indicated, "The Lakers will work with Bryant over the summer and fall to hammer out a new, long-term extension, according to the source."
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/

Last edited by gts : 06-30-2009 at 08:05 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe Bryant won't opt out of contract

didnt you call this one
GTS?

I think you did a while ago.
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

excellent.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
didnt you call this one
GTS?

I think you did a while ago.
good memory...

it only makes sense for everyone involved. now we just need to see the new cap numbers to see who benefits the most

Last edited by gts : 06-30-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

What a way to step up Mr. Kobe..
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So I guess

HE SIGNED A 3 YEAR EXTENSION THROUGH 2012.

And basically, changed his numbers a little.

I read he changed the amount for 3 years and 85 mil. wow. haha.

Trust me thats what kobe wanted.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
So I guess

HE SIGNED A 3 YEAR EXTENSION THROUGH 2012.

And basically, changed his numbers a little.

I read he changed the amount for 3 years and 85 mil. wow. haha.

Trust me thats what kobe wanted.

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/0...l-a-laker.html
Old 07-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This could be speculation that Phil Jackson is retiring.

He is supposed to be making 12 million this season and maybe him retiring is making it easier for Buss to pay for other guys.

I know it doesnt affect the cap either, but either way Buss is paying money out of his pocket.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

mj (meanjohn) bad link...

also i don't know where these numbers are coming from, the lakers nor kobe have made anything official on an extention other than to say they will work on one in the future... they have 2 years to get it done ..lol
although i expect it will be done in the next few weeks, i'm sure this has been in discussion for weeks already and everyone knew what was being done by all parties involved, they didn't just slap this together last night
Old 07-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
mj (meanjohn) bad link...

also i don't know where these numbers are coming from, the lakers nor kobe have made anything official on an extention other than to say they will work on one in the future... they have 2 years to get it done ..lol
although i expect it will be done in the next few weeks, i'm sure this has been in discussion for weeks already and everyone knew what was being done by all parties involved, they didn't just slap this together last night

haha... whooops..

Well I read that they were working on a deal and that it would go till 2014(According to lakerfreak...haha)

But that his contract would go up, and was looking at 85-91 mil.

But the numbers werent exact because the exact salarycap number hasnt been set yett..

sorry bout the link..
Old 07-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
haha... whooops..

Well I read that they were working on a deal and that it would go till 2014(According to lakerfreak...haha)

But that his contract would go up, and was looking at 85-91 mil.

But the numbers werent exact because the exact salarycap number hasnt been set yett..

sorry bout the link..

LOL I did not! you told me that and by adding the years I said it would end at 14.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
LOL I did not! you told me that and by adding the years I said it would end at 14.

HAHAHA..

Alright, I'm kind of putting words in lakerfreaks mouth now.

My fault.

So They are working on a deal. It isnt official yet, because the Cap numbers havent been set. It looks like a deal, is on the table and it would extend Kobe's contract till 2014, and it would make him a very wealthy man..

Sorry for the mix up guys!!! (Whoever read my misinforming posts. haha)
Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
JetDeveloper
I airball my layups

JetDeveloper has an OK reputation so far

Kobe told us a long time ago that he'd be staying with the Lakers next season, so this is nothing new. The question is will he become a ball hog again or will he play like a leader as he did in most of the playoffs?
JetDeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
kobedablackmamba
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobedablackmamba has an OK reputation so far
Talking Re: Kobe Bryant won't opt out of contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
What a way to step up Mr. Kobe..

I'm with you mate.... hihihihi....
Kobe, The Heart of a Lion...
kobedablackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote