Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 AM   #31
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you take people who use bad grammar less seriously?

mine is pretty bad
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:27 AM   #32
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For me yes, especially when English is supposedly their first language.

It almost always for me anyway, seems that it's usually a kid posting whenever someone 'tlks lyk dis init'. Pisses me off in actual fact, even though I shouldn't really be worrying about what others say or do.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #33
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
As long as I can read it clearly, I am fine. I stop taking people seriously when its like they are talking in code because their grammar is that bad.

I was going to say the same thing...If I have to actually have to decipher their message like I'm frickin Sherlock Holmes, I lose respect for the poster.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #34
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate it.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #35
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
If you can't communicate properly, then don't.

My sentiments exactly.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #36
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Yes it just makes you come accross as less educated and informed, which on a message board where it is all opinions, a less intelligent seeming opinion carries less weight.

Things like There/Their/They're and Your/You're are the worst for me as they are a true sign of stupidity, they have been covered that many times that everyone should know them. Dominate instead of dominant and loose and looser instead of lose/loser is also a massive pet hate.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #37
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

Just for lolz I r posted everythingie on this tread with baddiest grammers possible. It r fun to post stupidity everyonce in a while but r not fun every time me thinks. This r the baddest grammers in English language coz it makes Yoda's grammers sound good.
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #38
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawimpact
Yes, it's a good way to judge someone. Especially if they're using the wrong "there, they're, their". It shows how educated they are, especially since i know nothing about them.
I agree completely. The ones that drive me nuts the most are:
  • suppose instead of supposed
  • your instead of you're
  • there instead of they're

Another one that gets to me is when some says "on tomorrow". This is NOT correct. You do something tomorrow, not on tomorrow.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #39
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudus
hey vapid u chirpdeck as it stands im smarter than u ive posted my grades so how bout u post urs?

as it stands im smarter than u guy

i dont care bout grammer its kinda gay to care how u write on the internet this aint grammer 101 class

_FREE CANADIANBALLER_
Canadianretard claiming to be smarter than Vapid?

This is the most insulting thing I've ever heard. Canadianretard really needs a massive reality check.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #40
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBACha
I agree completely. The ones that drive me nuts the most are:
  • suppose instead of supposed
  • your instead of you're
  • there instead of they're

Another one that gets to me is when some says "on tomorrow". This is NOT correct. You do something tomorrow, not on tomorrow.
Yeah, posting in correct grammar and writting on forums IMO is a good way to practice your English skills when your NOT in school. You got to refine your writting somehow, and posting on forums or making your own blogs sadly is the only way to accomplish that . That's for me at least.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #41
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i love the english idiom, it my favorite but not always effusively comprestood. i find best way learn is you grab stool, put it front of mirror, you practice. you articulate voice projection, annunciate sounds and sillybowls. i love to talk english.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #42
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
i love the english idiom, it my favorite but not always effusively comprestood. i find best way learn is you grab stool, put it front of mirror, you practice. you articulate voice projection, annunciate sounds and sillybowls. i love to talk english.
Just wondering my Monkey-talking friend, what's your native tongue? It sounds like you don't speak English as your native language or at least you don't speak it fluently.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #43
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmashbros
Just wondering my Monkey-talking friend, what's your native tongue? It sounds like you don't speak English as your native language or at least you don't speak it fluently.

my native tongue is 'boon jabble jabble. you remember, me from booga booga? not from united states for america.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #44
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
my native tongue is 'boon jabble jabble. you remember, me from booga booga? not from united states for america.
I have anesia so I don't remember anything more than 10 years ago when I was in Booga Booga. btw, Booga Booga is some African country is it?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #45
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmashbros
I have anesia so I don't remember anything more than 10 years ago when I was in Booga Booga. btw, Booga Booga is some African country is it?

no you big dummy! booga booga my homeland. it jungle in iddle middle part of Africa, but not country. see nobody really know 'bout booga booga, 'cause we so hidden. so you lie when you say you been here. you not been here. if we friends, we speak true each other, we not lie. ok?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: