Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
Wizardly Cool

Default Too early to get a Yahoo Fantasy Football League going?

I'm ready to get a league started soon...

A custom league with Defensive Players.

10-12 players

roster: 11 players on Offense & 11 players on Defense

2 QBs
2 RBs
1 RB / WR
4 WRs
1 WR / TE
1 TE's

4 DL
3 LB
4 DB

6 Bench players

We'll discuss the point system later.

(point system, not head 2 head)

Any ideas?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Too early to get a Yahoo Fantasy Football League going?

I'm in obviously. I play a ton of fantasy football.

We should play at least .5 PPR.

Also lets throw some money in.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:33 AM   #3
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I'm in obviously. I play a ton of fantasy football.

We should play at least .5 PPR.

Also lets throw some money in.

You think there is a way we can do the draft on Inside Hoops... and then plug in the players on Yahoo when we're all done (with Autopick)?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:35 AM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
You think there is a way we can do the draft on Inside Hoops... and then plug in the players on Yahoo when we're all done (with Autopick)?
I know you can do that on ESPN's fantasy site...

but I don't think you can customize it to have defenders and I don't think they allow for gambling...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yes me and my friends do that all the time. we have live drafts and than plug the picks in.

i think we should get money in there (even just a little bit). i'd transfer money to PT on FT or something.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:37 AM   #6
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I know you can do that on ESPN's fantasy site...

but I don't think you can customize it to have defenders and I don't think they allow for gambling...
You can do it on Yahoo.

We would have to give the money to the league commissioner and he would than paypal/transfer the entire pot or however it's broken down to the winner.

It's really quite easy. I've done it for money on other forums.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #7
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

2 QBs is wack IMO...

also, we are like a month away at least before having a decent time for this...

you want to do it as close to the regular season as possible...
Old 07-01-2009, 02:39 AM   #8
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
2 QBs is wack IMO...

also, we are like a month away at least before having a decent time for his...

Agreed about QB's.

Obviously we'll wait until the regular season but we can still talk about the league format and money, etc.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #9
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
You can do it on Yahoo.

We would have to give the money to the league commissioner and he would than paypal/transfer the entire pot or however it's broken down to the winner.

It's really quite easy. I've done it for money on other forums.
I seriously doubt there are 12 ISH members that would be willing to trust someone here with cash...even if it is as small as $20...
Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #10
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
yes me and my friends do that all the time. we have live drafts and than plug the picks in.

i think we should get money in there (even just a little bit). i'd transfer money to PT on FT or something.

I'd be down to play for money, but I don't think the other 8 or 9 players would be.

I don't know... But if we can draft on Insidehoops and plug in the players on Yahoo, That would be perfect.

I'm kinda just tryin to play for fun... Maybe you and -PT- can have a side bet.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
I seriously doubt there are 12 ISH members that would be willing to trust someone here with cash...even if it is as small as $20...
We can do it with 10 and I bet I could find 10.

The 3 of us, RBA, Dirtbag, I'm sure there are some fantasy football nerds here.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:43 AM   #12
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
2 QBs is wack IMO...

also, we are like a month away at least before having a decent time for this...

With 10 players in the league... I would demand 2 QBs.

with 12 or 14 I agree.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:43 AM   #13
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Why would you use defensive players. Have you ever tried this format? If not, let me save you the trouble, it's terrible
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 AM   #14
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

yeah i love IDP's
Old 07-01-2009, 02:45 AM   #15
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Why would you use defensive players. Have you ever tried this format? If not, let me save you the trouble, it's terrible
I have never done it but wanted to try once this year...

but I can see where it would work out crappy with DBs...

you get points for INTs and TDs then the last player you want is Nnamdi...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: