Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 AM   #16
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Too early to get a Yahoo Fantasy Football League going?

The best format involving IDP's if you've never used them is just to add two IDP's and everyone will most likely have a linebacker and similar production but it gives you a good feel for IDP's without giving someone a big edge that has experience.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:48 AM   #17
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
With 10 players in the league... I would demand 2 QBs.

with 12 or 14 I agree.
that leaves no QBs left to pick from on the wavers...and that is where the game actually takes skill instead of luck...

with 10 players...and 2 starting QBs each, and 1 QB on the bench...that is 30 QBs off the table...

horrible...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:48 AM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will play any and all formats and dominate. I'm down with a $20 PayPal to the winner or something. And if you don't like IDPs just give me your money now.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #19
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I will play any and all formats and dominate. I'm down with a $20 PayPal to the winner or something.
yes.

!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #20
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
that leaves no QBs left to pick from on the wavers...and that is where the game actually takes skill instead of luck...

with 10 players...and 2 starting QBs each, and 1 QB on the bench...that is 30 QBs off the table...

horrible...
1 starting QB.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #21
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
The best format involving IDP's if you've never used them is just to add two IDP's and everyone will most likely have a linebacker and similar production but it gives you a good feel for IDP's without giving someone a big edge that has experience.

IDPs don't make defensive players useful anyways. At least with team defenses, they have some sort of fantasy value throughout the season, which is the point of fantasy sports. Having 2 IDPs (or however many) makes it really difficult to judge values and make trades (also a huge part of fantasy sports). It's cool to think about, but makes no sense once you've tried it out.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:50 AM   #22
Wizardly Cool

Well there is the List:

Passing
Passing Touchdowns
Interceptions
Passing Attempts
Completions
Incomplete Passes
Sacks
Passing Yards

Rushing
Rushing Touchdowns
Rushing Attempts
Rushing Yards

Receiving
Reception Touchdowns
Receptions
Reception Yards

Kick & Punt Returning
Return Touchdowns
Return Yards

Miscellaneous
2-Point Conversions
Fumbles
Fumbles Lost
Offensive Fumble Return TD

Defensive Players

Tackle Solo
Tackle Assist
Sack
Interception
Fumble Force
Fumble Recovery
Defensive Touchdown
Safety
Pass Defended
Block Kick

*Optional

Passing
Passing Yards (Bonus 1)
Passing Yards (Bonus 2)
Passing Yards (Bonus 3)

Rushing
Rushing Yards (Bonus 1)
Rushing Yards (Bonus 2)
Rushing Yards (Bonus 3)

Receiving
Reception Yards (Bonus 1)
Reception Yards (Bonus 2)
Reception Yards (Bonus 3)
Old 07-01-2009, 02:52 AM   #23
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
IDPs don't make defensive players useful anyways. At least with team defenses, they have some sort of fantasy value throughout the season, which is the point of fantasy sports. Having 2 IDPs (or however many) makes it really difficult to judge values and make trades (also a huge part of fantasy sports). It's cool to think about, but makes no sense once you've tried it out.
I'm failing to understand how having 2 IDP's effects potential trades? I also don't understand how it doesn't make any sense?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:55 AM   #24
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
I'm failing to understand how having 2 IDP's effects potential trades? I also don't understand how it doesn't make any sense?

Only 2 IDPs per team means you can pick up and plug any defensive player from week to week to fill your spot. 20 total IDPs out of the many starters out there makes it really easy to fill these holes. I was in an IDP league 2 or 3 years ago and we had 4 IDP spots and 10 (or 12 players) in the league and I ended up picking up every one of my IDPs from free agency throughout the year, including Patrick Willis (his rookie year), who ended being the top scoring defensive player in the league
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 AM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
1 starting QB.
that's what I am saying...

Dooms is trying to make a case for having 2 starting QBs...

If we are going to all go through the trouble of pay paling someone then I would rather just do the regular default format that ESPn or Yahoo uses...which is most likely the best format to use anyway...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #26
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Only 2 IDPs per team means you can pick up and plug any defensive player from week to week to fill your spot. 20 total IDPs out of the many starters out there makes it really easy to fill these holes. I was in an IDP league 2 or 3 years ago and we had 4 IDP spots and 10 (or 12 players) in the league and I ended up picking up every one of my IDPs from free agency throughout the year, including Patrick Willis (his rookie year), who ended being the top scoring defensive player in the league
Yeah obviously very few IDPs have any trade value but it adds another element that is fun. IDP strategy can be very interesting and provide an edge to a more knowledgeable player.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 AM   #27
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Yeah obviously very few IDPs have any trade value but it adds another element that is fun. IDP strategy can be very interesting and provide an edge to a more knowledgeable player.

lol It's really easy to take advantage of and I guess weak/inactive players would get easily weeded out
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 AM   #28
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
lol It's really easy to take advantage of and I guess weak/inactive players would get easily weeded out

That's why you must stay active if you want to win.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 AM   #29
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
That's why you must stay active if you want to win.

That's not really that accurate either. Football's by far the easiest fantasy sport to be inactive in and succeed. Not saying that being active doesn't help, but obviously when it only happens once a week that people have more leeway on activity. Being active helps, but it doesn't guarantee success in football like it does in basketball and baseball
Old 07-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #30
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

All true but it's fun and players tend to like at least a few IDPs. If you don't like the upkeep or IDP's it's not a big deal either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: