Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The way women drive makes me rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
No sarcasm. Jersey drivers are very good drivers and I'd be willing to bet that Jersey ranks in the top 5 in lowest accident rate per capita in the country.

Maybe. I don't really know the statistics, but you always hear horror stories about New England driving, Jersey, too.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by |D|ark |J|edi
Dead wrong.
Prove me wrong kid. Unlike yourself I actually have experience driving in almost every state in the country.

California drivers are bar none the worst.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #18
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Clown.
I'd be willing to wager you don't even have a drivers license
Old 07-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #19
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
women, immigrants, white men whatever, American drivers suck in general

White men are the best drivers in the world.

BTW I just want to check with everyone that this is the CORRECT list of worst drivers ever.

1. FOB asian women
2. FOB asian men
3. Old people
4. teenage women
5. all other women
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #20
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

and that uses data based on what? some survey of a small sample size of people being polled? lol.

like i said find me statistical analysis that tracks accidents per capita.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
White men are the best drivers in the world.
Nah.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Nah.

Ya, I know.

Grown ass men in general are the best drivers in the world. Unless they're drunk, old or drugged up.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #23
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way

why dont women need drivers licenses?

there are no roads from teh kitchen to the bedroom
Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield

California drivers are bar none the worst.

agreed. I've only lived in SoCal so i can't speak on the state but San Diego and LA drivers are a joke.

*when it rains good luck, everyone is either freaked out cautious or drives like an ass hole
*people will go out of their way not to let you in even when it doesn't affect them at all, they'll stay in the same place in traffic but they don't want to let one car in front of them
*the left lane is CONSTANTLY the slowest lane on the freeway
*people don't use their turn signals, this is how you communicate to other drivers people, it's next to your finger
*there just isn't that sense of bigger picture on the road, i realize there's more traffic but people just aren't aware of how to make driving more efficient
*when you can turn right from two lanes you always see people stopping in the middle lane trying to get into the far right. you can turn from where you are. look at the f*cking signs, you just blocked a lane of traffic so you could do what you were already set to do.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #25
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudus
why dont women need drivers licenses?

there are no roads from teh kitchen to the bedroom
Wow.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #26
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Actually studies show that drivers while high on LSD tend to drive better.

link? not doubting you at all just want to read that study
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #27
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

At least a male drunk driver will just kill you. Being around women driving is like getting waterboarded inside an iron maiden. Give me the drunk guy and lets just get it over with.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #28
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I try to stay calm. I really do. But its extremely hard. Twice a week or so I go out to lunch with a couple female coworkers, one of them my manager, and she likes to drive. I don't mind it much since it saves on gas, except for one thing. The way she drives makes me want to blow my lid.

And really, its just the little things. Coming up to a light thats been green for a long time, and not speeding up from her paltry 30mph to make sure she catches it, and then it turns red JUST as we're approaching. And then when that light turns green, the one down the road turns red just as we get there, which would have been avoided had she sped up to make the first one in the first damn place.

Asking if she should turn at this light or the next one, and when I suggest doing it at this one since its green and the next one might be red, she goes to the next one anyway and OF COURSE it turns red and we have to wait again.

Looking left and right at an intersection over and over and over and over again before she turns when there's no one within a MILE in view.

Letting people go ahead of her when she has right of way and was there WAY before they were.

Telling us she's gonna try this new 'shortcut' back to the office and then making a turn in the OPPOSITE direction of where the office is, and then acting CONFUSED when the 'shortcut' takes 10 minutes longer to get back then the NORMAL way.

Being almost IN the intersection when the light turns from green to yellow and slamming on the brakes to stop anyway when she could have EASILY gone through before it turned red.

Complete lack of ability to quickly and conveniently park the car. You park 2 states away from the restaurant AND take up 2 spots? Really?

Lack of aggressiveness in general. JUST ****ING GO.

I know there's been threads on this but i'm still seething over today and I needed to vent. A lot of this seems like its no big deal but when you're in the car with them you add everything up and it snowballs.

I can understand double-checking intersections even if you have the right of way, or the light is green, etc. You never know when a car might run a light, or a sign or mis-think it's their turn to go. I always double check that, but I don't check it over and over and over like you described.

Letting the people go ahead of her when she has the right of way could be bad though. This can confuse other drives on who's going at which time. I hate it when I come at stop signs and I get there at least two or three seconds before the next car. I come to a complete stop, they stop, then they go. I'm like "What the fuck are you doing? Are you blind?"

And at the shortcuts.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #29
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way

why wouldnt hellen keller drive?

she was a woman

Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #30
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

She looks a very timid, passive driver. I am also like that (Except I don't have my full license yet. Only a G2 ). As long as she doesn't get into accidents, then you shouldn't make such a big deal of this I know a friend who've busted his previous Honda Civic (from going through a stop sign too early) so he got a semi-used Nissan Highlander. One month later that car gets busted too (although not to the point of being unuseble). Just proves that driving aggressively isn't the way to go.
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: