Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default NFL thread

When will the season start

Let's get some NFL discussion in this place. Talk about your team, how camp is going, preseason, any possible signings/cuts, etc.

I finally think this is the year for my boy Alex Smith. He has been taking some unfair criticism these past years. He played with a injured shoulder and as a result he ****ed up and it took awhile for his shoulder to heal(missed all of last year) but It looks like he's back. They are saying he's having a good camp and can take the starting job during pre-season.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
Brujesino
BoGawd

Default Re: NFL thread

as it stands right now

i think the raiders are gonna have a good season by that i mean 7-9, 8-8,9-7,
season

ill see how it goes during training camp
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
~primetime~
~retired ish hofer~

this is something interesting to think about...

did you know that now that Owens and Plax are out of the NFC East that we now have probably the crappiest group of WRs in any division...

-Roy Williams
-Santana Moss
-DeSean Jackson
-and who do the Giants have?...

anyway, just kind crazy to think about how much the WR position lacks in the NFC East now...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
this is something interesting to think about...

did you know that now that Owens and Plax are out of the NFC East that we now have probably the crappiest group of WRs in any division...

-Roy Williams
-Santana Moss
-DeSean Jackson
-and who do the Giants have?...

anyway, just kind crazy to think about how much the WR position lacks in the NFC East now...
take the top 2 wrs out of some divions and i assure u u will find an even weaker lis of names somehwere
Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
~primetime~
~retired ish hofer~

AFC North:

-Ochocinco
-Edwards
-Ward

AFC East

-Owens
-Moss

AFC South

-Andre
-Wayne

AFC West

-Marashall
-Vincent
-Bowe

NFC North

-Calvin
-Jennings

NFC East

-Roy Williams
-Santana Moss

NFC South

-Steve Smith
-White
-Bryant

NFC West

-Fitz
-Boldin
-Housh

the NFC East has the worst WRs in the NFL...(until Romo and Roy go off that is)
Old 07-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
as it stands right now

i think the raiders are gonna have a good season by that i mean 7-9, 8-8,9-7,
season

ill see how it goes during training camp

You have more faith than I do in the Raiders. The offensive play calling will have to be worlds better than last year and Jamarcus will need to really take a huge step forward.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
Brujesino
BoGawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
You have more faith than I do in the Raiders. The offensive play calling will have to be worlds better than last year and Jamarcus will need to really take a huge step forward.

true about russell he needs a step forward

but the line will be better this year

defense will be better this year cuz rob ryan is gone so we might actually blitz this time

3 headed monster running game mcfadden,fargas,bush

ill see how training camp and prseason is done to make my final prediction
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Will this be a Favre-less thread..? I'm keeping out if I hear his name too much.

Freakin ESPN.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
GreatGreg
College star

Bears will do no worse then 10-6. You heard it here first.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
Bears will do no worse then 10-6. You heard it here first.

Maybe if they get a legit WR..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
GreatGreg
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
Maybe if they get a legit WR..
Hey... They went 9-7 last season with a mediocre QB and bad O-line, What makes you think they won't do better with a Pro Bowl QB and a future HOFer?
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

I'm extremely excited for the NFL season to start, just like every offseason. The NFL is such a rush because there's only 16 regular season games and each play is huge, unlike the NBA or MLB where there's way too many regular season games.

My team, the Buccaneers, are in a total transition stage right now. We have been a defensive power since the mid-90's, but this season we will be a force on the offensive end and suck on defense. I guarantee we will have a top 10 offense, even if our QB situation isn't even settled yet. I'm hoping Luke McCown wins the job. Byron Leftwich is a sitting duck and has a looooong wind up. And I like Josh Freeman, but I'd like him to sit a season or two. I think Cool Hand Luke is ready to run the show.

We will have a very potent offense. We have one of the top 3 offensive lines in the game, and its a very young offensive line. We have an excellent backfield with Derrick Ward, Earnest Graham, Carnell Williams, BJ Askew and Clifton Smith. We have a top WR returning in Antonio Bryant and a top TE in Kellen Winslow, to go along with Michael Clayton, Brian Clark, Jerramy Stevens and Maurice Stovall in the pass receiving game.

Our defense will suck though. Ronde Barber is a shadow of himself. Our CB, LB and Dline situation is ugly. Our starting LBs right now are Jermaine Phillips (has played Safety his entire career), Barrett Ruud (should've been a pro bowler last year), and Quincy Black or Adam Hayward. I do feel, however that Gaines Adams will have a breakout year, as will Safety Tanard Jackson.

With all this said, I think a 7-9 record would be a success seeing how we have perhaps the hardest schedule in the NFL. AND we also lose a home game b/c we "host" NE in the London game. Stupid.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

The Bengals have improved their defense via the draft, but they stil have some weaknesses up front on the OL. Drafting Andre Smith is a major step in the right direction, though. Also, this really is a make-or-break season for Carson Palmer in determining just how much of a franchise QB this guy really is. He has the skillset and the arm that the great ones do, but health is a major issues. Losing TJ Houshmandzadeh is huge. Laverneaus Coles is an OK enough replacement, but he's not TJ. 85 will really have to rebound from a poor season that he had last year.

The running game is..............ok. Benson is a good back. Teams out there have worse guys starting than Benson. Can he carry the load for a full season? Never really lived up to the promise coming off a steller college career.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Apparently the Vikes are looking at Marvin Harrison.

Personally I think he is done, but he should help push the younger guys(looking at you Rice).

NFC North is a real crapshoot to me. I actually like Green Bay the most, though they have to get solid support on the ground. Chicago have an old defense that was looking old last year, they need Tommie Harris to flat out dominate if they are doing anything. Minny may yet miss the Wall for four games and that would hurt. Should be better against the pass without Sharper though which is a positive. EJ Henderson should be back and beasting all so which will be a nice inclusion. Lions don't matter.

AFC West should be a fun division, healthy the Chargers should walk it in, but Chiefs, Raiders and Bronco's all have room for improvement, Chiefs are the best 2 win team I've seen, Bronco's will surprise, before his injury Orton was playing every bit as well as Cutler and now actually has weapons and an OL that isn't ancient. Raiders are a crapshoot, they have some talent that can make big plays, defensive consistency is the problem, they have a lot of defensive talent, just got to get it working together.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
~primetime~
~retired ish hofer~

man, I would say that Cincy could be a sleeper team if they weren't in such a killer division...

I wouldn't get our hopes up on Benson though...

but Ocho sounds like he is ready to rip it up like he used to...

and the D has made some improvements....if you use Roy Williams right it should be a great boast to run stoppage...just take him out on 3rd down...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: