Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #31
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: NFL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Why, because your team drafted him? He's a ******.

Did they change the meaning of the word "potent"?

The hell he should have.

Josh Freeman is LIGHT YEARS better than Jamarcus Russell ever will be. He's got a rocket arm, is very quick and athletic, strong, and all he needs to work on is handling the blitz. He will be our franchise QB for years to come.

And our offense will be a top 10 in the league, when you have one of the best offensive lines+a RB duo like Graham/Ward and also Caddillac+A beast TE+a freak WR=a pretty potent offense.

Thanks for letting EVERYONE know that you have ZERO knowledge of the NFL. Barrett Ruud is one of the top LBs in the league.

Your username fits you very well, the only way it could be better was if it was dumb###666.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #32
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

he did go on to say that 7-9 would be a success for them...

Yes, I did. You DO realize that teams with top 10 offenses still can have a rough season, right? Especially considering that our defense will be atrocious. Its not that far-fetched. There are teams like that in the league every season.

For example, last year the top THREE offensive teams in the NFL, New Orleans, Houston & Denver didn't make the playoffs. Green Bay was also a top 10 offensive team last year and they came nowhere near the playoffs. So what is the deal? Tampa can have a top 10 offense and 7-9 would be very possible and would be a success for them considering how poor the defense will be, how they have a new head coach and offensive and defensive systems.

And you should worry about Dallas winning a playoff game. 10+ years without even a playoff win must sting a little bit. I live in Dallas and it's great year in and year out watching the cowgirls choke in December.

Most of the people here should stick to talking about basketball.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #33
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
The WR situation in the NFCE looks weak, but the RB situation looks nice.

Skins
Portis

Eagles
Westbrook

Giants
Jacobs

Boys
Barber/Jones/Choice

Funny thing is, Portis is half the RB he once was and he is injury-prone. Westbrook is the ultimate NFL weapon, but he is the definition of injury-prone. Brandon Jacobs is a man amongst boys, but has also had a few nicks and bruises here and there. Barber is a smaller version of Jacobs.

Actually, you could easily say the NFCE has the most injury-prone group of RBs. That kinda sucks b/c they would be the top RB division if they werent injured all the time.

BUT, the NFCE could be the top defensive division. If Dallas has the worst D in your division, you know its a good one. NYG, Philly, Wash, Dallas are all top-mid defenses in the league. EASILY the best division for sacks.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #34
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Josh Freeman is LIGHT YEARS better than Jamarcus Russell ever will be. He's got a rocket arm, is very quick and athletic, strong, and all he needs to work on is handling the blitz. He will be our franchise QB for years to come.

No hes is not "light years " better then russell this was a weak draft for QB's any other year this dude would have been 3 or 4th round pick
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #35
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
How about NFC South RB's???

Carolina
DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart

Tampa Bay
Caddilac Williams/Derrick Ward

New Orleans
Reggie Bush/Pierre Thomas

Atlanta
Michael Turner

...Not quite as good as the NFC East but there's still some pretty darn good backs there..

For Tampa Bay, take out Williams and put in Earnest Graham. Caddy is still coming back from injury and when he comes back, he'll more than likely just be a situational back b/c he's suffered too many devastating knee injuries.

And for Atlanta, add Jerious Norwood. Carolina has THE TOP RB tandem in the league, hands down, no questions asked, yet, I hate the Panthers with all of all of my heart.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #36
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
No hes is not "light years " better then russell this was a weak draft for QB's any other year this dude would have been 3 or 4th round pick

No, he IS light years better, which, actually, isn't saying much at all considering Russell is garbage and isn't even the best QB on his team. He's getting beat out by 38ish-year old Jeff Garcia.

So actually, I'm diminishing Freeman. I only used him as a comparision b/c Russell was the overall number 1 pick two seasons ago and people compared Freeman to Russell. Russell was the most overhyped QB to ever come out of the draft. Before LSU's sugar bowl whipping of ND, Russell was nowhere near a number 1 overall pick.

I am by no means saying Freeman will be the next Donovan McNabb or Peyton Manning. But I could see him being one level lower than what Daunte Culpepper was when he was in Minnesota.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Most of the people here should stick to talking about basketball.
you just got done telling us that the Bucs will have a "very potent" top 10 offense...

and...you don't know who your QB is...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #38
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No, he IS light years better, which, actually, isn't saying much at all considering Russell is garbage and isn't even the best QB on his team. He's getting beat out by 38ish-year old Jeff Garcia.

So actually, I'm diminishing Freeman. I only used him as a comparision b/c Russell was the overall number 1 pick two seasons ago and people compared Freeman to Russell. Russell was the most overhyped QB to ever come out of the draft. Before LSU's sugar bowl whipping of ND, Russell was nowhere near a number 1 overall pick.

I am by no means saying Freeman will be the next Donovan McNabb or Peyton Manning. But I could see him being one level lower than what Daunte Culpepper was when he was in Minnesota.

1.Russell is getting beat out by jeff garcia?where did you read this did you go to their OTA's do you know tom cable?

2.most overhyped? he wasnt even the most over hyped QB in his Draft Class Brady Quinn was everyone knew j-marc had foot technique problems and lacked a great work ethic on the other hand everyone loved Brady Quinn

Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #39
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

And our offense will be a top 10 in the league, when you have one of the best offensive lines+a RB duo like Graham/Ward and also Caddillac+A beast TE+a freak WR=a pretty potent offense.

Thanks for letting EVERYONE know that you have ZERO knowledge of the NFL. Barrett Ruud is one of the top LBs in the league.

Your username fits you very well, the only way it could be better was if it was dumb###666.

Jamarcus Russell is very simillar to Freeman. Russell is also very big, athletic and also has a rocket arm. Your description for Freeman can very well be the same description for Russell.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #40
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

If you follow the NFL, then anywhere you read or anything you hear, word is Garcia has been outplaying Russell. The ONLY way Russell is the starter week 1 is b/c he was the no.1 pick and oakland doesnt wanna give up on him already. But any time I've heard about the Oak QB job, everyones said garcia is beating him out.

Webster defines Potent as powerful, effective. So yes, when I said the Bucs will have a potent offense that will be in the top 10 makes perfectly fine sense, does it not?

And Russell wasn't regarded by anyone as the number 1 pick prior to the Sugar bowl, like i already stated. Quinn was a well known commodity since he was at ND and was always projected to be a top pick. Russell came out of nowhere due to one good performance in his final game and was mistakenly picked number 1 overall. You think if Oak could re-do that draft, they'd still take Russell? Well, considering how stupid Al Davis is, they might, but he was not the best player or the number 1 overall pick in that draft.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #41
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Jamarcus Russell is very simillar to Freeman. Russell is also very big, athletic and also has a rocket arm. Your description for Freeman can very well be the same description for Russell.

Yes, that's why I picked Russell as someone to compare him to. Still, Freeman is much better than Russell ever will be. Russell has been in the league 2 years and has been a major disappointment. Russell even showed up to his first training camp way overweight. This year is his final chance and we'll see what he's got.

If I was picking QBs right now, I'd take Freeman over Russell.

I should add that I didn't want Tampa Bay to draft Freeman b/c I like McCown and we didn't need to address QB this season. We need help on defense. I still say we should've waited til next draft to take a QB since it will be QB deep. BUT, they took Freeman and I will pull for him to be our franchise QB, and I do think he'll be much better than Russell.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #42
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Funny thing is, Portis is half the RB he once was and he is injury-prone. .

Which is why he was the leading rusher in the nfl for half the season until,well you know.

The last part i agree with,but half of what he use to be is a stretch.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #43
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters
Which is why he was the leading rusher in the nfl for half the season until,well you know.

The last part i agree with,but half of what he use to be is a stretch.

Ok, maybe "half of what he used to be" is a stretch, but he's not the Clinton Portis of 5 years ago, that's fore sure. He's still a great back, but not as great as he once was. Sometimes I think people just hear a name and automatically assume they are still as great as they were in their prime.

For example, Ronde Barber. Most NFL fans would say he's a top CB in the NFL, and for 6-7 years, he was. But this past year, he was horrible, but still made the Pro Bowl b/c of his name, just like half the Pro Bowl selections anyways.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #44
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Let's go BEARS!!!

10-6 at worst as a previous poster had said. I agree whole-heartedly.

And if we're talking about top RB Divisions, the NFCN can sport some good ones:

Chicago :
Forte

Minnesota :
Peterson

Green Bay :
Grant (although I think he's overrated)

Detroit :
K. Smith

Best part about it is that these guys are still very young and will become better.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #45
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

The main reason the Bucs took Freeman was because Raheem Morris probably had a say in it and he has a love affair with K-State (he was a coach there). You guys better start Leftwich because your "star" will get eaten up.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: