Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #16
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Default Re: Randolph to Memphis for Richardson

Zach Randolph? He's a good player but when has he ever made a team better. I would rather continue to lose than to use our cap space on this bum. Another chucker in the front court with Rudy. Watch by All Star break the Grizz are going to be looking to trade him. There better be more moves coming. Heisley nixes the David Lee signing but approves of this. Wallace finally all most did something right and Heisley is against it. I'm beyond pissed. Hopefully Z-Bo can change my opinion of him.

Last edited by Mississippi : 07-02-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #17
derf
I airball my layups

i like the move if it was his last year he wouldnt get in any trouble and would play hard every night because it would be a contract year.it also shows that the owners are willing to finally spend some money to win.i think zach is a better scorer than lee and just as good rebounding.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
Maniak
Warm Winds

So, if we do keep him(which I hope we dont) we will lose big time production from the likes of Conley, Mayo, and Gay.

He wont do anything for young playerz developing. I mean sure, Gordon did great in LA, but instead of Gordon, he now has a chance to hamper the developmentz of 3 players!!!
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #19
tedloc
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Zach Randolph was the 2nd best player on the Clippers the 2nd half of last season.

hahahahahahahaha 2nd best player on the clippers!

enjoy portlands slow footed leftovers...

at least darius will have someone to pass the bong to now.
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

His agent says he that he is excited to play here. So I think he might actually mean it. But more for the reason that he had said the same thing last year when he almost came here from the kncks. He is a talented low post scorer that can routinely get his own shot. Teams have to double team him at times when he gets into the "zone". That can't be said about Lee or Milsap. Both of those guys have little to no post game they are garbage scorers with avg jumpers.

As long as Z-BO can be cool and play his role than I think he will help us win more.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
Rose
Roses Malone

I think the Griz can definitely win more with him. and if he just keeps his cool(which is asking a lot) the griz can definitely win 40 games this year or come damn close. I like the new line up, and I like the reunification of the JailBlazers memphis seems to be doing.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
tedloc
Serious playground baller

i think ruben patterson is available....

also i bet you could coax isiah rider out of retirement...

hahahahaha.
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #23
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

Arrow Re: Randolph to Memphis for Richardson

I Dont Know Why You Guys Are Hating On The Trade So Much Yo It's Good Cuz It Fits Our Needs It's Not The Best Option But I Still Like The Trade And Gives Us Length And It Makes me Question If Lil Gasol Is Gonna Be Happy Bout This
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #24
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Yeah, for the griz haters who don't like this trade need to stop their whining or go support another team.

We traded for him. He's a grizzly now. GET OVER IT! They will make it work somehow (I hope...)
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:59 AM   #25
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I really am swinging side to side on this. Sometimes I feel good about it and there are times like now where I just want to kill everyone in the FO for doin such a stupid move.

I don't care what anyone says, this cannot end well for us.

If you want to tell to me calm down and relax and that it was a 'good', go on, I will just ignore you, because this is not a good move, in the slightest.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #26
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I really am swinging side to side on this. Sometimes I feel good about it and there are times like now where I just want to kill everyone in the FO for doin such a stupid move.

I don't care what anyone says, this cannot end well for us.

If you want to tell to me calm down and relax and that it was a 'good', go on, I will just ignore you, because this is not a good move, in the slightest.

Kebab, I understand how you feel. I did NOT like the trade when I first heard it as well. At the same time, we had to do SOMETHING. The other two PFs have questions surrounding them. We don't know what Millsap will be without Boozer by his side, and we don't know how Lee will be outside of D'antoni's system. But what we do know, is that Randolph will bring 20-10 every night. He said he is excited to play here and he's looking to turn his career around (I hope). The only thing I don't like about this trade is that Jaric or Buckner had to go, but they didn't. We need to reach a buyout with those guys or something...
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #27
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Randolph's stats are empty, he can put up 30/20 for all I care, he isnt going to help us win anymore games. What's he going to teach the younger guys on the team? How to be the biggest black hole possible? He is not going to bring anything to this team apart from his empty stats.

We need a vet to teach Rudy and OJ and Randolph is supposed to be the f*cking answer to that? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #28
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Guys, you have to put things in perspective. We would have not gotten Millsap with OKC ready to overpay him. We basically had to choose between Randolph and Lee.

Lee, while being your perfect roleplayer, is only that, a roleplayer. We stll won't have inside scoring apart from Gasol.

Randolph, while a cancer who took bad shots and never passed in NY, is a legit 20-10 guy wherever he went. He'd give us a bullish presence we haven't had EVER.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Randolph's stats are empty, he can put up 30/20 for all I care, he isnt going to help us win anymore games. What's he going to teach the younger guys on the team? How to be the biggest black hole possible? He is not going to bring anything to this team apart from his empty stats.

We need a vet to teach Rudy and OJ and Randolph is supposed to be the f*cking answer to that? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

so kebab if what makes you cry is the mentor for the youngsters.. do you think millsap or lee is the answer for them.. i dont think so... lee is a roleplayer at best, millsap is a bit overrated but that jazz team had good chemistry already .. id pick warrick over millsap.. although warrick lacks iq he certainly has more tools than millsap. but both of them are good backups.. zbo is a starter he maybe a cancer but if gets things straight hopefully he can change your mind.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 AM   #30
jailer
MillionDollarException

I think everyone need to take a breath, step back and not let something that they cant control bother them so much. I understand fully well about being passionate for your team and I respect that. But you guys our bashing so many new players on this team that haven't played a game or been hasel in any way yet.

We as fans need to be more positive as opposed to always being negative. There is no point in getting all riled up for something that hasn't even happened yet. I agree that our current additions come with potential problems. But I'm choosing to hope for the best and I expect these new guys to help us win. I think everyone would find it less stressful if they did the same.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: