Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-05-2009, 05:18 AM   #31
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Randolph to Memphis for Richardson

We don't need a mentor at PF and Randolph sure as hell isn't going to be any kind of mentor. We needed to get a young, solid PF, a backup PG and a veteran wing player. Not one of these has been filled. Instead we get a cancerous fat tub of lard in Randolph who will destroy whatever little chemistry this team had.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #32
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
We don't need a mentor at PF and Randolph sure as hell isn't going to be any kind of mentor. We needed to get a young, solid PF, a backup PG and a veteran wing player. Not one of these has been filled. Instead we get a cancerous fat tub of lard in Randolph who will destroy whatever little chemistry this team had.

What chemistry? Pretty much everyone on the floor besides Conley or 1 and 1 type of players! Rudy and O.J. hog the ball more than anybody! We do need a veteran backup point guard who actually PASSES the ball. I mean, we were LAST in the league in assists last year for god's sake! As for Randolph, I'm willing to take a chance on him. I just don't know about Millsap. Besides, the Thunder are about to overpay him anyway, so they can have him. As for Lee, he's good, but he's a great role player, and wherever he goes, he will get a team a lot of boards, but that's pretty much it. And think about this. Z-bo has a tendency to make teams worse when he goes from teams to teams. Can we really get any worse?
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #33
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
What chemistry? Pretty much everyone on the floor besides Conley or 1 and 1 type of players! Rudy and O.J. hog the ball more than anybody! We do need a veteran backup point guard who actually PASSES the ball. I mean, we were LAST in the league in assists last year for god's sake!
That's why I said.....

Quote:
whatever little chemistry this team had.
We have piss poor chemistry and bringing in Randolph will destroy the little chemistry that is there.

Also, with Randolph coming in, you can bet on us being dead last in assists again. What did we average as a team last season? 17apg? We'll be lucky to average 12 a game with Randolph on the team.

Quote:
As for Randolph, I'm willing to take a chance on him. I just don't know about Millsap. Besides, the Thunder are about to overpay him anyway, so they can have him. As for Lee, he's good, but he's a great role player, and wherever he goes, he will get a team a lot of boards, but that's pretty much it. And think about this. Z-bo has a tendency to make teams worse when he goes from teams to teams. Can we really get any worse?
That's probably the same attitude the FO had.

MH - "Hey, I know, we can't get any worse, can we? So, let's take a chance on Randolph?"

CW - "That's a great idea! Instead of trying to legitimately improve this team, with young talent and veterans who know how to lead a team and are proven winners, let's bring in one of the NBA's biggest black holes!"
Old 07-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #34
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

david lee and paul milsap score mostly off garbage points you cant throw the ball to them and get baskets on a consistent basis.if randolph doesnt work out this year hopefully we can trade him with his one year salary coming off the books
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #35
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf
david lee and paul milsap score mostly off garbage points you cant throw the ball to them and get baskets on a consistent basis.if randolph doesnt work out this year hopefully we can trade him with his one year salary coming off the books
The comments on lee and milsap are very true. Maybe we want have to trade randolph if he plays like he is supposed to this season.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #36
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: Randolph to Memphis for Richardson

The Only Reason Why I Like The Move Is Because I Don't Really Like Q.Rich So They Got Randolph Which Fits Our Needs We Could Have Done Better But We Gotta See How It Works Out In The 09-10 Season But Don't We Need A Better Coach
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #37
jailer
MillionDollarException

Maybe Hollins' player coaching style will fit well with randolph.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #38
FIXED
PleezeBelieve Disciple

FIXED is considered somewhat coolFIXED is considered somewhat cool

Jailer do you think Hollins will ever adopt the Mike's system of pushing the ball up the court everytime. They have a lot of shooters or people who like to shoot the ball. They need a system where they can score 110 PPG. not 93 PPG like last year in a half court system making O.J. come off many screens somewhat like what the Pistons do with Hamilton.
FIXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I think the tempo will increase or either Rudy's, OJ's or ZBo's shot attempts are going to go down. I think we'll see a decent increase in ppg this year, defense will suck apart from the second unit, but then again, their offense will be even worse.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #40
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXED
Jailer do you think Hollins will ever adopt the Mike's system of pushing the ball up the court everytime. They have a lot of shooters or people who like to shoot the ball. They need a system where they can score 110 PPG. not 93 PPG like last year in a half court system making O.J. come off many screens somewhat like what the Pistons do with Hamilton.
Hollinslikes to run but believes in playing hard defense first. D'antoni's system is all about running your opponent ragged and out lasting them. I dont think we definitely have to have a pure offense system. But that would allow everyone a chance to shine by playing a super up tempo style.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #41
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Hollinslikes to run but believes in playing hard defense first. D'antoni's system is all about running your opponent ragged and out lasting them. I dont think we definitely have to have a pure offense system. But that would allow everyone a chance to shine by playing a super up tempo style.

I'm with Jailer on this. We basically spent the draft drafting defensive players like Thabeet and Young. Both Young and Carroll have good offensives too. All Randolph needs to be counting on doing is be a garbage man in the paint, grab boards, pass out of a double team, and most of all, stay out of trouble.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #42
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
I'm with Jailer on this. We basically spent the draft drafting defensive players like Thabeet and Young. Both Young and Carroll have good offensives too. All Randolph needs to be counting on doing is be a garbage man in the paint, grab boards, pass out of a double team, and most of all, stay out of trouble.
No way Randolph settles for that role. He always looks for his own shot and very rarely looks to pass. With Mayo, Rudy and Randolph, there's alot of offensive power, but it comes at a price of having no offensive movement/flow what so ever.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #43
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
No way Randolph settles for that role. He always looks for his own shot and very rarely looks to pass. With Mayo, Rudy and Randolph, there's alot of offensive power, but it comes at a price of having no offensive movement/flow what so ever.
If randolph is serious about turning his career around and wants people to look at him in a new light than he will settle into a role like that.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:46 AM   #44
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I think the tempo will increase or either Rudy's, OJ's or ZBo's shot attempts are going to go down. I think we'll see a decent increase in ppg this year, defense will suck apart from the second unit, but then again, their offense will be even worse.

If the tempo increases, ZBo will play better. He was doing very well and had no problems at all with the Knicks the first half of the season and they were even in the playoff race and were over .500. Once they shafted the team and traded Zbo thats when everything went downhill for them. D'Antoni had Zbo in great shape and he had no fatigue problems and was working well in a run and gun system just fine. Alot of people assume Z-bo is going to slow down their team because hes fat but that is not the case, he has a wide body but thrives in a running system.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:53 AM   #45
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
If the tempo increases, ZBo will play better. He was doing very well and had no problems at all with the Knicks the first half of the season and they were even in the playoff race and were over .500. Once they shafted the team and traded Zbo thats when everything went downhill for them. D'Antoni had Zbo in great shape and he had no fatigue problems and was working well in a run and gun system just fine. Alot of people assume Z-bo is going to slow down their team because hes fat but that is not the case, he has a wide body but thrives in a running system.
That's good to know. If we can keep the tempo up, then things should be OK. But, I'm still not expecting ZBo to come in and turn this team around.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: