Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sleep Deprivation And You.

I have not gotten more than approximately 5 hours of sleep in a night since last Thursday, so about one week. Friday and Tuesday night I got about 2 and 3 respectively. Saturday night I was on course to get some righteous sleep until my mother starts lighting up my phone telling me to wake the **** up and get ready cuz we were going to my grandmas. So I was cockblocked at about 5 hours-ish. If you take into effect the ridiculously excessive amounts of liquor on Friday and Tuesday, and working every day with the exception of Sunday, and the fact that it got kinda cold (it was 58 degrees this morning on my way to work around 10 AM, in July) and I slept with the window open the other night like a jackass and got like a halfway cold, I have felt like a zombie for the past week. My whole body is sore and I think my brain isn't quite functioning like it should. This is all bad. It's kinda like being dope sick, except nowhere near as bad and the fact that I haven't been doing a ****load of heroin.

I need rest and recuperation. I may have to forego 4th of July celebrations and just try to hibernate Saturday and Sunday.

Any of you fine folks suffer from insomnia and poor decision making skills?
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation
Default Re: Sleep Deprivation And You.

insomnia, not anymore but plenty of poor decision making.

just take a long nap and whenever you feel better, just go with the flow.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, I definitly agree that your brain isn't working properly. You only swore twice in your entire post and didn't once mention about the next girl your going to slay.

You definitly need some sleep.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I need rest and recuperation. I may have to forego 4th of July celebrations and just try to hibernate Saturday and Sunday.

I Made a thread just recently about getting 16-18 consecutive hours of sleep last weekend because I was experiencing the same thing.

Get some sleep... make up for the lost time.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Well, I definitly agree that your brain isn't working properly. You only swore twice in your entire post and didn't once mention about the next girl your going to slay.

He also neglected to mention how awesome Detroit is despite it being about the third worst place on earth.

Get some sleep, man.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

I have 5 hour or less sleep nights at least once every week although optimal sleep for me is at least 8 hrs. imo, it's just so hard to sleep sometimes thanks to all the environmental stimulus (like TV, video games, Internet, and especially ISH ).
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall

I hate to admit it, but twice in this past week I have declined guaranteed punani because I've been too exhausted to make the trip or even do anything or whatever whatever (although on the two nights of drinking way too much I did slay two girls, so I guess it's even?)

Also as I laid in bed last night trying to fall asleep, I was thinking that I'm tired of just banging random skanks and I want a girl that I can actually hang out with and just cake up and watch movies and if it's a bad day or whatever, someone to "be there", someone who's company I can enjoy and not just her chocha.

Hopefully this will all pass after I catch up on sleep and have a couple days off work and regroup myself and what not. Otherwise I got soft as hell all of a sudden.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I hate to admit it, but twice in this past week I have declined guaranteed punani because I've been too exhausted to make the trip or even do anything or whatever whatever (although on the two nights of drinking way too much I did slay two girls, so I guess it's even?)

Also as I laid in bed last night trying to fall asleep, I was thinking that I'm tired of just banging random skanks and I want a girl that I can actually hang out with and just cake up and watch movies and if it's a bad day or whatever, someone to "be there", someone who's company I can enjoy and not just her chocha.

Hopefully this will all pass after I catch up on sleep and have a couple days off work and regroup myself and what not. Otherwise I got soft as hell all of a sudden.
I knew what box I was opening as I typed out my post, but I was not expecting this. Jay, you're getting soft on us dude.

Like you said, once you catch up on your sleep, hopefully these "feelings" will go away.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just got back from vacation. On the drive down there, we stopped at a hotel at like 3 in the morning, and woke up at 6 to drive the rest of the way. I felt just the same, if not better, than the rest of the week where I slept 8-9 hours a night. Sometimes, when I sleep too much, I feel groggy as opposed to when I get too little sleep. When that happens, I feel kinda achy for some reason, but my concentration is quite sharp.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I just got back from vacation. On the drive down there, we stopped at a hotel at like 3 in the morning, and woke up at 6 to drive the rest of the way. I felt just the same, if not better, than the rest of the week where I slept 8-9 hours a night. Sometimes, when I sleep too much, I feel groggy as opposed to when I get too little sleep. When that happens, I feel kinda achy for some reason, but my concentration is quite sharp.
I have the same feeling somethings too. Why I don't know, but under constant agitation from the lack of sleep I sometimes function better. However, I do prefer to have enough sleep.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

damn.

i woke up 2 hours ago from a 16 hour sleep. i got up at 2pm 2 days ago (tuesday) and didn't sleep until 1 am last night (thursday). went out at 5 in the morning to play ball, then played some football, then went to beach, then went home...

i started really getting sleepy around the afternoon yesterday. after around 30 hours of getting no sleep or nap at all, i started feeling a natural high..

i got home and took a long shower, and still felt tired after but wasn't really sleepy.
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #12
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
damn.

i woke up 2 hours ago from a 16 hour sleep. i got up at 2pm 2 days ago (tuesday) and didn't sleep until 1 am last night (thursday). went out at 5 in the morning to play ball, then played some football, then went to beach, then went home...

i started really getting sleepy around the afternoon yesterday. after around 30 hours of getting no sleep or nap at all, i started feeling a natural high..

i got home and took a long shower, and still felt tired after but wasn't really sleepy.
lucky you. I think the last time I've got 16 straight hours was sleep was during infancy which is at least 17 years ago I think 16 hours straight is a little too much, though. 10 hours is max for me.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #13
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I slept with the window open the other night like a jackass and got like a halfway cold
I thought you get colds from viruses and bacteria?
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
Atomic DOG
Banned

Atomic DOG has decent reputation

Quote:
I have not gotten more than approximately 5 hours of sleep in a night since last Thursday, so about one week. Friday and Tuesday night I got about 2 and 3 respectively. Saturday night I was on course to get some righteous sleep until my mother starts lighting up my phone telling me to wake the **** up and get ready cuz we were going to my grandmas. So I was cockblocked at about 5 hours-ish. If you take into effect the ridiculously excessive amounts of liquor on Friday and Tuesday, and working every day with the exception of Sunday, and the fact that it got kinda cold (it was 58 degrees this morning on my way to work around 10 AM, in July) and I slept with the window open the other night like a jackass and got like a halfway cold, I have felt like a zombie for the past week. My whole body is sore and I think my brain isn't quite functioning like it should. This is all bad. It's kinda like being dope sick, except nowhere near as bad and the fact that I haven't been doing a ****load of heroin.

Any of you fine folks suffer from insomnia and poor decision making skills?

Why do you start a thread with a pre-emptive excuse every time you're gonna be at home posting on ISH on a friday or saturday night? Nobody cares dude. Are you insecure about other people on a message board thinking you dont have a life cuz you posted on ISH on the weekend?

lol seriously every week just before the weekend you're like "welllll, you guys, i was out partying SOOOOO hard this week, guzzling booze and slaying girls (both lies) so i mean, you know if you see me posting here on friday and saturday night, its just cuz i'm sick from being so hardcore and i just need a moments peace to rechardge my totally over-partied battery. so, just in case you were wondering, thats why im posting on a saturday night. i just figured i'd start a thread to let everyone know that"

Last edited by Atomic DOG : 07-03-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Atomic DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
spree43
High School Varsity 12th Man

spree43 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
I thought you get colds from viruses and bacteria?
true, but when your tired or cold your immune system is weakened, allowing the viruses to be more effective
spree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: