Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #61
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Default Re: What does your shot look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec5ial5k5
video tape urself u probally think u shoot like A.I but most likely u dont i used to think i shot like D-wade but really it was more like Michael Redd and his shot is ugly. I had the same problem i changed my shot everyday for a whole year and i finaly got it right
Really? Thats coool haha wahts your shot rightnow did you change it again? Mines still the same but the last time I recorded myself shooting I had a different shot and it looked like Paul Pierce shot ..

Anyways I was wodnering does anyone have any tips on how too get a set shot? From about three point range? Should I just keep working out wrist and arms? And I want too improve my left hand I mean I can do left handed layups but I want to do like left handed finger rolls and left handed runners is there anything you guys did too improve your left hand even better??
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #62
Spec5ial5k5
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
Really? Thats coool haha wahts your shot rightnow did you change it again? Mines still the same but the last time I recorded myself shooting I had a different shot and it looked like Paul Pierce shot ..

Anyways I was wodnering does anyone have any tips on how too get a set shot? From about three point range? Should I just keep working out wrist and arms? And I want too improve my left hand I mean I can do left handed layups but I want to do like left handed finger rolls and left handed runners is there anything you guys did too improve your left hand even better??

My shot now i only look at it every once in a while to make sure the forms the same. Ive heards its like a lefty ray allen or a manu ginobli with lift. To get good form u can stick with on ur jumpshot what i did was break it down into three parts. The first part practice ur jumping motion leaving the ball down where u would catch it at and leave ur arms still (This makes sure ur legs are providing the lift and ur arms arent effected). Then practice bringin the ball up to where u would shoot it at faster and faster. These drills u can do with a medicine ball if u have one. Then practice shooting with just ur arms and with ur feet planted work ur way as far back as ur form will allow u. Then u can shoot where ur comfortable in ur regular jumpshot and once ur knocking down shoots there keep moving back as far as u can keeping ur form. Right now i can shoot threes just off my arms and i can shoot 28 footers and 3s feel effortless. And on ur left hand theres nothing really specific u can do just keep working on it
Spec5ial5k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #63
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec5ial5k5
My shot now i only look at it every once in a while to make sure the forms the same. Ive heards its like a lefty ray allen or a manu ginobli with lift. To get good form u can stick with on ur jumpshot what i did was break it down into three parts. The first part practice ur jumping motion leaving the ball down where u would catch it at and leave ur arms still (This makes sure ur legs are providing the lift and ur arms arent effected). Then practice bringin the ball up to where u would shoot it at faster and faster. These drills u can do with a medicine ball if u have one. Then practice shooting with just ur arms and with ur feet planted work ur way as far back as ur form will allow u. Then u can shoot where ur comfortable in ur regular jumpshot and once ur knocking down shoots there keep moving back as far as u can keeping ur form. Right now i can shoot threes just off my arms and i can shoot 28 footers and 3s feel effortless. And on ur left hand theres nothing really specific u can do just keep working on it
Il try that out and hope it works thanks man
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #64
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Thanks for the medicinec ball tip it really helped I was draining threes like there was no tomorrow last night
Old 08-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #65
DECK
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
Thanks for the medicinec ball tip it really helped I was draining threes like there was no tomorrow last night
LOL DECK.. Yeah medicine ball helps ur range for about the first couple gamess.. then its all u after.

I would compare my shot to barghniani or dirk, thats what I hear the mostt from other people
DECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #66
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECK
LOL DECK.. Yeah medicine ball helps ur range for about the first couple gamess.. then its all u after.

I would compare my shot to barghniani or dirk, thats what I hear the mostt from other people
NO YOU SHOOOT LIKE BIG Z AND GORTAT!! ..But you play like Bargnani and Dirk
Old 08-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #67
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

Fisher but way more to the center... kind of like Manu Ginobili.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #68
LevisJeans
Underdog

I just realized that my shot is an exact copy of Rafer Alston.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #69
Kobe8
Banned

No Doubt about it , Mine Looks Like Larry Bird and Morgan Freeman. :

If I Lower my right arm and tilt it a little bit to the right , it would look like Candace Parker.

Since I'm not Comfortable with those Shot Forms , I'm Tryin to get Ray Allen , he got some nice strokes up in those 3's. I Wanna Get the Ray Allen Buzzer Beater For my Championship Game. He's the Best Clutch Shooter No Doubt.

I Practice his shot form up in those Short Goals where you dunk on it and ****.
I got 3/4 Of His Shot Form Already.

I Would Have 4 Rings If I nailed it 3.2 Sec Left on the Clock.

Last post Was Edited On Sunday.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #70
JustinJDW

I change my shoot to whatever I am feeling on that day. Yeah, shooting isn't one of my best skills.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: