Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #46
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Artest expect to sign with the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Im watching a lot of Ron on youtube right now.

This craziness people talk about seems to be something approved by his teammates. Artest is an intimidator and he won't stop at anything to try to get in your head.

Look at this clip when he was on the kings against the Jazz.

The whole time he was intimidating Utah players, he gets ejected eventually for getting a second technical but you see the hard effort he put the whole game draws a slap in the butt from Bibby, and high 5's from the teammates.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBx8LSwqRpE

Did you see him yell "NO LAYUPS" when Kirilenko goes in for a layup? Artest just pulls him down to make sure he does not get a layup, then pumps his chest 2 times then screams at the players+crowd "NO LAYUP" at 4:08. Damn, he is one physical beast - imagine if this was in the 90's? He would be pushing and shoving everyone around and getting away with it. He is very similar to Rodman whether people agree or not. Rodman did very similar things.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #47
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He is very similar to Rodman whether people agree or not. Rodman did very similar things.

wow that's a pretty good comparison. Granted Rodman lead the league in rebounds for several years but I could see them being stitched from the same cloth, if you will.

I would say Rodman was the better rebounder and slightly the better defender but Artest is more offensively polished while still being a huge force on defensive.
LAKESHOW WOOO
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #48
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
wow that's a pretty good comparison. Granted Rodman lead the league in rebounds for several years but I could see them being stitched from the same cloth, if you will.

I would say Rodman was the better rebounder and slightly the better defender but Artest is more offensively polished while still being a huge force on defensive.
LAKESHOW WOOO

lol he wasn't talking about playing styles. He meant personality, character..etc.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #49
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

I cannot stress enough how much we need a player with Artest's abilities. As good as Ariza was defensively, he got destroyed by Melo this year and he could get pushed around easily by guys like Peirce or Lebron- our main competition. With Artest we can contain those type of players and not take such a beating. If we get Odom there's a very good chance we'll repeat. Bynum will be better even if he's not at the level he was before he got injured, Kobe as well as Gasol will be able to rest, and we have artest to take defwnsive pressure off of everyone. Having Odom would be the icing on the cake. A versatile player that can play 4 different posssitions.

Ron may also be able to energize the fans at staples with his crazy antics (of course not TOO crazy) on a similar way he did with houston. Having a character like him will be very interesting.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #50
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
I cannot stress enough how much we need a player with Artest's abilities. As good as Ariza was defensively, he got destroyed by Melo this year and he could get pushed around easily by guys like Peirce or Lebron- our main competition. With Artest we can contain those type of players and not take such a beating. If we get Odom there's a very good chance we'll repeat. Bynum will be better even if he's not at the level he was before he got injured, Kobe as well as Gasol will be able to rest, and we have artest to take defwnsive pressure off of everyone. Having Odom would be the icing on the cake. A versatile player that can play 4 different posssitions.

Ron may also be able to energize the fans at staples with his crazy antics (of course not TOO crazy) on a similar way he did with houston. Having a character like him will be very interesting.

Well honestly, I don't know if Ariza was to blame for Melo going on that scoring binge. I mean they even put Kobe on Melo afterwards for a short period, and they also double-teamed him multiple times. Nothing seemed to really help stop Melo's shots from going in. Melo's shot was just on fire. I do agree though that Artest's strength would intimidate players. I mean Artest is strong enough to be PF if he was a couple inches taller (probably stronger than almost most of the true PFs in the league). Melo won't even think of messing with Artest like he would with Ariza/Kobe/other smaller guys than him lol
Old 07-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #51
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Well honestly, I don't know if Ariza was to blame for Melo going on that scoring binge. I mean they even put Kobe on Melo afterwards for a short period, and they also double-teamed him multiple times. Nothing seemed to really help stop Melo's shots from going in. Melo's shot was just on fire. I do agree though that Artest's strength would intimidate players. I mean Artest is strong enough to be PF if he was a couple inches taller (probably stronger than almost most of the true PFs in the league). Melo won't even think of messing with Artest like he would with Ariza/Kobe/other smaller guys than him lol
I'm not saying it was trevors fault. He can't help his size. With artest melo won't be able to muscle his way around in the paint like with Kobe/ariza, and we'll have a body strong enough to keep him from getting in the paint those annoying off boards.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #52
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old vid where Artest interviews Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s24kx...eature=related
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #53
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

loool man, I can't wait until the start of the season.

2 of the game's greatest competitors on the same team. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

I expect a season with a few ejections, maybe a suspension or 2 from artest. As long as it doesn't go past that Im good.

Artest seems to take great care of his body. I don't think he's injury prone as much he is suspended-prone.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #54
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

After viewing that vid, I can see why Andy from Yahoo Spots said the following:

Quote:
Deep down, Bryant wanted Artest on his side. Artest gives a thirtysomething Kobe what Dennis Rodman gave a thirtysomething Michael Jordan: A belligerent, tough guy bearing the burden of protecting the superstar’s back.

Quote:
Ultimately, it wasn’t Jackson who made it work for two titles with Rodman in Chicago, but Jordan. The locker room is policed by the superstar, never the coach. Artest is the right player, right time for Bryant. As Kobe hits his 30s, he can’t be chasing the best player on defense every night. Now, Artest gets the job. What’s more, Kobe gets a maniac who will want to please him, get his approval.

Artest said Kobe is his idol (while stars shined in his eyes) and I think he would protect him like no other

Last edited by ZeN : 07-05-2009 at 12:42 AM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #55
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
I expect a season with a few ejections, maybe a suspension or 2 from artest. As long as it doesn't go past that Im good.

Artest seems to take great care of his body. I don't think he's injury prone as much he is suspended-prone.

I was thinking about those Artest ejections/suspensions earlier. It seems to me like Artest is on a very short leash after that whole thing in Detroit. Refs pay VERY close attention to him and if he does anything remotely close to being considered inappropriate, they don't think about it and just call a T on Artest without even waiting to see what else he might do. If somebody like LeBron does some small inappropriate thing, the refs usually don't even bother to T him up. They just let things go with a lot of players.

The NBA also does very similar things when they are handing out suspensions. Certain players with bad reputations like Artest/etc never get the benefit of the doubt. You think it is reasonable to have such referee/NBA bias? I mean I remember the couple times Artest was thrown out against the Lakers during the playoffs - 1 time he didn't even do anything to justify being thrown out. It wasn't even close to a flagrant foul and then the ref calls a flagrant-2 on just a hard foul. If LeBron had done something similar, the refs would have probably just called a regular foul or perhaps not even called anything. Now to me, that is unreasonable when one uses another person's reputation to that point.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #56
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I was thinking about those Artest ejections/suspensions earlier. It seems to me like Artest is on a very short leash after that whole thing in Detroit. Refs pay VERY close attention to him and if he does anything remotely close to being considered inappropriate, they don't think about it and just call a T on Artest without even waiting to see what else he might do. If somebody like LeBron does some small inappropriate thing, the refs usually don't even bother to T him up. They just let things go with a lot of players.

The NBA also does very similar things when they are handing out suspensions. Certain players with bad reputations like Artest/etc never get the benefit of the doubt. You think it is reasonable to have such referee/NBA bias? I mean I remember the couple times Artest was thrown out against the Lakers during the playoffs - 1 time he didn't even do anything to justify being thrown out. It wasn't even close to a flagrant foul and then the ref calls a flagrant-2 on just a hard foul. If LeBron had done something similar, the refs would have probably just called a regular foul or perhaps not even called anything. Now to me, that is unreasonable when one uses another person's reputation to that point.

Its kind of like racial profiling but only on one person. Artest had a good, hard, playoff-like foul on Gasol that one game. Just because it was Artest that did it he wasnt sent out for a second consecutive game. Both ejections were definitely unfair. First game should have been a technical and a fine. a Flagrant one was all that was necessary for game two.

But he earned that reputation for himself at the same time.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:12 AM   #57
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But he earned that reputation for himself at the same time.
yes he did, many times over on and off the court and he'll bear that burden the rest of his career, on and off the court, in the locker room on the town he'll always be under that magnifying glass
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:31 AM   #58
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

kinda off topic: I remember when Artest was claiming that he would start a rap career.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #59
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always thought he was a rapper/b-ball pro.....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #60
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I always thought he was a rapper/b-ball pro.....
He does have a rap career... its just not a successful one..

He has an album out and has gone on tour and everything..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: