Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Walsh

will ppl here,in the media and knick fans in general criticize him as vehemently and ever admit to him being even worse than Isaiah if he in fact ever gets to that point?I'm not saying he's there yet but he has done some really retarded things.Sure we cleared alot of cap but we also have Duhon as our point, haven't resigned either of our best two players and we've completely overlooked this free agent class's crop of talent just to hope for next year's. O an did I mention we have just offered Jason Kidd,who's 39 btw,a 3 year deal paying him pretty good money when he really didnt do anything last year. I'm not saying Walsh is a failure but im just askin will ppl be willing to admit if he does turn out to be a "bust".we already praised him for saving us from Zeke but one thing is for sure,for every dumb move and controversy Zeke got us in,he definitely brought talent and gr8 draft picks. Fair is Fair!!!

p.s. is ANYONE happy about this whole chaising Kidd idea?I'm sure not.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Walsh

I havent liked many of the moves he's made although he did clear cap space. I have no problem with the draft picks.

If Lee or Nate are 2 of your best players then that basketball team SUCKS!

I dont like the J.Kid possibility I believe he is 37 though and his defense isnt that spectacular but he is big does get steals rebounds great and runs the O nicely. If we get Kid he can help the team win a few more games to make the Knicks look more attractive to potential FA's.

I wouldn't mind Sessions because he is young and I think he can handle most of the minutes while being spelled by Duhon.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

Walsh is better than Zeke (as far as I see, walsh has better connections with the media and some GM's: which by itself makes him better). With Walsh you can at least see what his plan is. I really think that's the difference. The only time I can say that we saw a real plan unfolding was when Isaiah brought in Zach Randolph to play along side Eddy Curry. People all around the league were talking of how the knicks could be the beast of the east with those two. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. But you have to ask yourself, had the moves worked out, would he have still been GM and coach save the sexual harrassment suit.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
xbeejkx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

xbeejkx has an OK reputation so far

Walsh is light years ahead of Zeke in every aspect except one- drafting. However, the Jordan Hill pick was the pick the Knicks needed to make. I don't understand how everyone still wants the Knicks to get a PG when the same people are crying for Rubio or Nash (next year).

I'll take Jason Kidd, especially at the discount that is being reported (dallas offered 3/30 mil, Knicks 3/18 mil). What people may forget is how hard LeBron pushed for Kidd to come to the Cavs before he ended up in Dallas. Kobe did the same thing. If Kidd is signed, he will NOT be the marquee player on the NYK in 2010, I can assure you of that. But what superstar would not want to play with Kidd? He is a TRUE TRUE pass 1st PG with unmatched courtvision and leadership. It's not like AI coming to the team, jeopardizing how many balls we may need to have on the court.

I think Walsh is doing a great job not overpursuing the whole Rubio saga. This kid needs to wake up, its the NBA. Count your blessings, collect your money and play the game. Walsh has been very patient on everything, and its working out. Lee is not going to walk to Memphis for free any more. Curry MAY have some trade value with teams needing centers and the best one available being Gortat. He waited out the Marbury saga, and it worked out for the best (Marbury got offered the league minimum hahaha).

Knicks fans, we've waited this long. Just be patient. I foresee a 35-40 win season for the Knicks if they land Kidd and TMac (which I think they will), along with almost $50 mill of cap room next year and a veteran PG (whether it be Kidd or Nash) leading the I <3 NY campaign next year.

Last edited by xbeejkx : 07-03-2009 at 12:42 PM.
xbeejkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really don't understand the logic in bashing Walsh.

He hasn't made a single move that has gone against his goal and vision for the team. To attract star power to come to NY.

Without cap space he can't sign them. He took care of that and may do more. In the 30 mil range right now.

That enough to put possibly two of the top together or maybe 3 second tier players.

Unless we all think that Z-bo, Crawford, Marbury, Q-Rich and Lee is the making of a championship starting line-up.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yea but he's signing guys to deals they dont deserve and its reminding me somewhat of the Laden era.The Eisley and Charlie Wards are closely resembling todays Duhon and if we get Kidd.Despite how much i dispise him, Kidd is a HOF point,even im not dumb enough to deny him that.However,@ 37 or 39 (however old he is) and CLEARLY losing significant speed,it is utterly ridiculous to give this guy a 3 year deal.He'll be 40 in his last year of it.When he starts stinking it up,as he showed last year it's eventually bound to happen,we can't even use him as an expirer because noone will even want him.This is ridiculous.this isnt like signing shaq.@ the end of the day,weather shaq is washed up or not,he's still 7'3" and like 330.@ the very least he's a big body.Jason Kidd doesn't have that.He's a liability now on D.He can't and never could shoot.He can pass his ass off but he's slow now so his fast breaks are a far cry from what they used to be.This is a joke.We could get a guy like Skip who's younger and cheaper and more motivated or a guy like Sebastian who's yet to peak,got something to prove and lightning quick all for cheaper than this guy.Who exactly are we attracting with Jason Kidd old ass?Ladies @ the local Veteran's Hospital because it damn sure aint LeBron,Bosh or Dwade.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #7
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
yea but he's signing guys to deals they dont deserve and its reminding me somewhat of the Laden era.The Eisley and Charlie Wards are closely resembling todays Duhon and if we get Kidd.Despite how much i dispise him, Kidd is a HOF point,even im not dumb enough to deny him that.However,@ 37 or 39 (however old he is) and CLEARLY losing significant speed,it is utterly ridiculous to give this guy a 3 year deal.He'll be 40 in his last year of it.When he starts stinking it up,as he showed last year it's eventually bound to happen,we can't even use him as an expirer because noone will even want him.This is ridiculous.this isnt like signing shaq.@ the end of the day,weather shaq is washed up or not,he's still 7'3" and like 330.@ the very least he's a big body.Jason Kidd doesn't have that.He's a liability now on D.He can't and never could shoot.He can pass his ass off but he's slow now so his fast breaks are a far cry from what they used to be.This is a joke.We could get a guy like Skip who's younger and cheaper and more motivated or a guy like Sebastian who's yet to peak,got something to prove and lightning quick all for cheaper than this guy.Who exactly are we attracting with Jason Kidd old ass?Ladies @ the local Veteran's Hospital because it damn sure aint LeBron,Bosh or Dwade.

I dont want to sound rude...but Kidd came over to NY as no other team was seriously after him...even the cavs didnt want to use all the mid level on kidd...
NY wanted him...he gauged the market...played ploy...and Mark cuban offered him 25 million over 3 years...

Kidd, Hill, Marion,Nash those players are crap for NY when NY doesnt have its superstar yet...

I believe Chandler can be a Star...and that maybe a good start...

Nate has got to go...hes not part of a championship puzzle...sign and trade would be a good idea...

D-Lee....seems to be running out of suitors...Toronto got Hedo so Lee is out...Grizz got randolph so no lee there...

2 teams remain...OKC and Portland.

OKC wants millsap...if they dont Lee is second choice...where as Portland wants Lee now.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
I'm not saying he's there yet but he has done some really retarded things.
Care to point out those retarded things?
Quote:
Sure we cleared alot of cap but we also have Duhon as our point, haven't resigned either of our best two players and we've completely overlooked this free agent class's crop of talent just to hope for next year's.
Duhon had a solid season, now all the sudden Nate is one of the two best players, he made the qualifying offers and can match any other offer, so you've must have been in the future to know he didn't resign Nate and Lee, and NY this year is well over cap so the knicks CAN'T SIGN FREE AGENTS, other then the mle, and until now all the talk have been about signings well over the mle, so yes he is really overlooking this year FA class
Quote:
an did I mention we have just offered Jason Kidd,who's 39 btw,a 3 year deal paying him pretty good money when he really didnt do anything last year.
yes because a rumour it's always true
Quote:
I'm not saying Walsh is a failure.
Well... you are. Why don't you just spent you time in some crappy Marbury fan sites\foruns?

Last edited by Blue&Orange : 07-04-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

lmao your an idiot if you think Duhon had a solid season.he avg 11 and 7 in a system where you play no D and can shoot @ will.N yea I like Marbury,big deal.@ least im not a dickhead that believe watever a commentor or newspaper says is true.Bottom line is,you was one of the ppl jumpin for joy sayin im so glad Marbury is being replaced.Duhon will be solid and I bet you no matter how bad you think Steph is,Duhon's stats would still be worse. Marbury avg 17 and 5 in NY homie and as for D'Antoni not likin him,he just proves why he'll never make it to the finals,Marbury avg 21 and 8 in the PHX. This isnt a Marbury thing.Its an admittting when your wrong thing.They ran him out of town long b4 last season...fine.But when you bring in a bum like DUHON to replace him and he plays like i knew he would...ADMIT IT!!!Solid my ass...that is a retarded move.N its not a rumor,Kidd confirmed he had offers from the Knicks and the MAVS dumbass.Nate IS sadly one of our two best players n anyone who has seen my post in the past know I can't stand Nate sometimes but the guy has been our go to guy really.I'd rather him than Kidd honestly.

P.S.
Trading your whole team in hopes to get cap for a few guys when other teams are doing the same exact thing and still whooping your ass is another one of those retarded things.Especially with our economy,how exactly are we going to sell tickets.they better be offering blow jobs at the gates because i think Spike might not even show up...we suck so bad. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

I think he should have been more active in the past 2 drafts. He should have went out of his way to acquire top young talent instead of settling on Gallinari and Hill. We got nothing more than role players and nothing to build a team around. Mayo, Rubio, Lopez and Gordon, all of these would have been a solid start but instead Walsh took what was there without going out of his way like some other GMs.

It looks like we're about to lose Nate and Lee for close to nothing and without them this team will be unwatchable next season, especially considering the fact that the Jazz own our 2010 pick.

He needs to get Curry on the court and trade him for Dampier. Mavs are falling fast and Cuban will push to get deals done. With Gortat there they can get away with playing curry 20min a game.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #11
xbeejkx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

xbeejkx has an OK reputation so far

Couple things...

A.) WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TELFAIR OR ALSTON? Alston has been on 453 teams for a reason, and Telfair has proved nothing. OK, he's from Coney Island. Sick. That doesn't mean he'll be a good Knick.

B.) D'Antoni's offense needs a solid PG. Our target is 2010. If we got Kidd (which isn't happening anymore, I'm just tryin to make a "point"... get it?...) it would be a 3 yr deal. The most important part of the deal, however, would just be his presence on a team heading into the 2010 offseason. He would be the #1 lobbyist for all the stars Knicks fans are drooling for. Would you rather have Kidd take LeBron out to dinner, or Sebastian Telfair?...

C.) I'm not a Duhon fan, but that guy did a hell of a lot for this team last year. He played so many minutes, you can't blame him for his numbers going down a little at the end of the year. I cannot bash the guy for his effort last season.

D.) For everyone who wanted Walsh to move around in the past two drafts... he tried this year and got rejected. Last year, what was he supposed to offer? He has had nothing to work with, and still is THIS close to getting rid of alll the bad contracts we wanted out. So suck it up.

2010... I'm tellin you guys. Just wait. LeBron or (gulp) no LeBron, this team will be in the playoffs.
xbeejkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

ur a little off so im going to dismantle your "argument" in the same way u presented it.

A)I dont care if they are from ny.They can pass,run a team and they will be alot cheaper than Kidd

B)Being Sebastian was a childhood friend of LeBron,played AAU together (which I saw with my own eyes and you can Youtube it),Has the Rocafella/JayZ ties ppl love to constantly bring up and is way closer to the King's age...he actually wouldnt be a bad Lobbyist.either way,my point wasnt to try n talk up Alston or Telfair.They were just examples.The bottom line is, we dont need nor should we be courting Kidd.Let's see,Cleveland brought in Shaq and they have a better team anyway.Orlando brought in Vince and had a better team anyway.Lakers get Artest.Raptors get Turk.Who do we try and get.....Jason F-in Kidd.You see where I'm going with this?honestly,no1 wants to admit it but Dallas was dumb for even making that deal with NJ.Clearly Harris is better than Kidd @ this juncture in their careers.What reason would LeBron have for not going to the Nets?Close friends w/ J.They have a better team with a better point and a "backup" as u called him in Skip that beat him in the playoffs.New Stadium comin in what he deemed his favorite place to visit.

C)I dont knock Duhon for anything.He is what he is....a backup.If Walsh paid me starter money even tho I'm clearly not starter material...I'd start for the Knicks too.I blame Walsh for thinkin this guy would be anything than what he is right now.He has no upside.He's Charlie Ward all over again.What happened with Ward after he left NY...struggled to make ppls teams.I have a friend from back in the day who I'd love to see do well whose a pro...his name is Royal Ivey.He's a NY guy,plays D,controls the ball well but would the Knicks be dumb to let him b their startin point...ABSOLOUTELY!!!

D)As for the draft,I completely agree with you.I didnt like the Knicks gettin Hill as their first option but I did like them getting Hill that night.He was the best available talent.1 cud argue Jennings or even Teague would have been a better fit but Hill was the best guy on the board.Ne1 arguin the pick is bein really unrealistic and uninformed.Walsh did a good job w/ that and u cud tell in his interview he was bummed he didnt get Curry.I honestly rather have Hill than Rubio.i like that Walsh got rid of bad contracts too.Some of which i thought were impossible.However,I dont like him passing on this year talent to hope for next years and i dont like him feeding us this grand plan for the future n then turning around and tryna get old players.O n btw I just read somewhere that we're tryna get Nash in a trade or Grant Hill.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First things first......

They both came out of the 2004 draft class........

Duhon was drafted in the 2nd round where half of the players aren't even in the League anymore.

By the way he is one of 3 in the 2nd round that even plays consistently on any team (Ariza, Varejao are the others).

Duhon isn't paid like a starter.

He makes what an over the hill pg would make that used to be good. 6 mil a season, which by the way was a two year (prove yourself) deal.

Duhon will be 27 next month. Not over the hill, but he is a backup. A serviceable one.

Telfair is a backup also. Here is a quote I found.......pretty much sums him up.....

There are many 6'0 players in the world of basketball today that prefer to shoot first, rather than be a pass first player (which is what people of that height are trained to do, normally).

Sebastian Telfair is one of these types of players. He is a shoot first player. Unfortunately, he can't shoot.

It's both a shame and a travesty that this should be the case. Telfair has passing skills rivaled by few of his peers, and arrived in the league to great fanfare for this reason. He had a cover shoot for Slam Magazine, and was hyped as the next big thing. Sadly, it all went **** up when it became apparent that being able to make really fancy passes is not the same thing as being able to run an NBA offense. And at this, Sebastian struggles. Mightily.

He is best when looking for his own shot, but his own shot is not very good. He is an inefficient scorer, who can finish well at the rim, but who doesn't get there very well. His jumpshot is extremely inconsistent and, frankly, rather poor. And yet Sebastian continues to put them up. Worse yet is his defense, which is rather poor. Disadvantaged by a lack of size and strength, Telfair doesn't help himself by not putting forward much effort on defense; even when he can stay in front of you, he'll often switch off and won't.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I dont care who Telfair played with or is friends with he cant run an NBA team and he showed it last year with Minny although he has superior passing ability. Minny decided to draft 5 PG's in the first round speaks volumes of his ability!

Alston is a journey man with great handles thats it!

I really dont think Franchize is talking like a person looking to run an NBA offense or wanting the Knicks to be a winner. I dont know anyone who has watched these 2 guys play that can sincerely say they would want them running their team!

Ramon Sessions is a better fit to me!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Imo, Sessions is the equivalent of what we already have.... Duhon.

BTW, from the Bucks games I watch this season which courtesy of League pass, he was in constant comp with Ridnour for the starting job which is sad in itself cause Luke is garbage.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: