Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #16
el gringos
Good college starter

Default Re: Walsh

He did get way too cute with the draft picks- in any system brook lopez and brandon jennings makes your team way better than gallinari/hill

Curry + j jeffries for kenyon martin and steven hunter
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:29 AM   #17
xbeejkx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

@ Franchize..

I wasn't targeting you in my post, so I apologize if it came off that way, my bad mang. I've just come across an odd amount of threads from the same people who have been DYING for some elite PG- which I think would be GREAT for NY- but see the odds of obtaining one slowly slipping away, and just decide they'd be OK with Skip to My Next Team or Sebastian Telf-Air Ball.

Here's what we all need to do----> be patient. (At least until July 8th). The way I see things...

The Knicks will not have to match a huge offer from Port for D Lee. They have been scared sh*tless by the whole Turk saga, and will not want to be restricted from negotiating with other FAs for 7 days by submitting a qualifying offer. Lee will either be a Knick next year, or a sign and trade with Port will bring us Rudy/Bayless and a Draft Pick. Either way, this is MUCH better than what we all were assuming would happen with Lee last week.

Dallas will overpay for Kidd, while Nate will accept his qualifying offer from the Knicks in an attempt to get in the good graces of the NY brass and make a case for running the greatest show on hardwod starting in the 2010 season.

Houston will make a run at Eddy Curry in the form of Curry and Hughes for TMac. Hughes will fill in for McBrittle and play 20+ more games than him. E-City will see about 20/25 mpg for the Rockets, and the Knicks obtain, literally, the most valuable player they can get right now- the highest paid player in the league with the highest salary coming OFF THE BOOKS this summer. Another swish for Walsh.

If all this happens...
We can get our draft pick back that we may lose to Utah next year (and if we have both via making the playoffs, Walsh is mayor of NY).

We have more than enough money to make a run at 2 marquee players next year.

We have a team that, if healthy, could actually win some games THIS season.

But in NY, everything is a big IF.
xbeejkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #18
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Duhon contract ends next year, so yes a two year contract for a serviceable player is really a bad contract, now jeffries contract, that's a really good contract.

And yes Walsh really thought he was starting material, hence the two year contract

This guy is a whackjob who hates Walsh for siding with D'Antoni, and Duhon for taking Marbury job, why he tries to pass for a Knicks fan is beyond me.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #19
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

we can virtually say that this was Sessions rookie year since he didnt play much his first year. pretty impressive for a 23 year old to almost take the starting job from a veteran. id take him if we cant get Spanoulis or rubio. kidd and sessions would be an incredible pg tandem. hed get great help from kidd and grow.

Sessions/Kidd
Chandler/Nate
LeBron/Gallinari
Lee/Hill
Milicic/Gortat

2012 nba champions
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:03 AM   #20
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Unfortunately I think most Knick fans are unrealistic and delusional! No one is coming here with the core of players that is on the roster.... if you really believe that Lebron or any other Superstar player is coming here in 2010 with the way the roster is constituted you're extremely sadly mistaken... The past draft we got 2 good players I think in Hill and Douglas but we needed an impact name and player. Walsh gambled didnt do what was necessary to get Curry or some other young impact player to make the team enticing. The lack of getting that NAME PLAYER this draft really hurt in that way..... Even worse was not getting Kidd and its not that he is a great player but he has a Marquee name which the Knicks sorely lack! Rubio isnt the answer either!

Even if they bring Lee (role player off the bench) and Nate(role player off the bench) back its still a 20 win team wtf is so attractive about that....

Walsh has gutted the team nicely replaced them with meh or no players and even if he can dump Curry and Jared the team is no better.... No draft pick next year... Tons of money but no core or foundation!

Why is anyone coming here again (To play for Dumbtoni?)? What foundation do we have set that you believe we are a superstar away from being a good team?

I think the Knicks are going to pray for a miracle! I want Patrick Ewing Jr. on the squad as well! If the team builds slowly and is bad for a couple of years and we get a superstar through the draft I have no problems with that.

I wouldnt mind Sessions, Chandler, Harrington (Galinari not sure he is ready yet to have starter minutes), Hill, Darko (for now or the best defensive running rebounder from the 4,5,6 list!)

PG
1. Ramon Sessions
2. Chris Duhon
3. Nate Robinson
4. Toney Douglas
SG
1. Wilson Chandler
2. Larry Hughes
3. Morris Almond
4. Joe Crawford
PF
1. David Lee
2. Jordan Hill
3. Chris Wilcox
4. Chris Hunter
SF
1. Al Harrington
2. Danilo Gallinari
C
1. Jared Jeffries
2. Eddy Curry
3. Darko Milicic
4. Courtney Sims
5. Cheikh Samb
6. Mouhamed Sene

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Imo, Sessions is the equivalent of what we already have.... Duhon.

BTW, from the Bucks games I watch this season which courtesy of League pass, he was in constant comp with Ridnour for the starting job which is sad in itself cause Luke is garbage.

This is not accurate Ridnour should have not been starting over Sessions the coach is just a moron but once Ridnour was injured and out for a while Sessions did the job with limited talent around him (although I like Charlie V offensively and RJefferson proved he cant carry a franchise!)

Last edited by Rameek : 07-06-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Thumbs down Re: Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Unfortunately I think most Knick fans are unrealistic and delusional!
Most of the posters aren't talking much of thinking Leron is coming anymore. Now Bosh, Stoudemire, Wade has come up quite a bit, but with 30 mil under the cap how is that unrealistic??

Quote:
The past draft we got 2 good players I think in Hill and Douglas but we needed an impact name and player. Walsh gambled didnt do what was necessary to get Curry or some other young impact player to make the team enticing. The lack of getting that NAME PLAYER this draft really hurt in that way.....

Everyone on this board believes Walsh tried to move up. He couldn't. And when Minny stole the pick from the Wizards, which they still offered decent players for, that was Walsh's only chance to move up.(His protege made that happen,BTW.
Clips,Griz,OKC,Sac,Minny,GS, all drafted best player available.
Quote:
Even worse was not getting Kidd and its not that he is a great player but he has a Marquee name which the Knicks sorely lack! Rubio isnt the answer either!
Actually Kidd is the answer to attract free agents, of the available free agents as of today. He is the only USA Basketball guy still available, and everyone in the League knows what he still can do, even at 36. I agree with the Rubio point.

Quote:
I think the Knicks are going to pray for a miracle! I want Patrick Ewing Jr. on the squad as well! If the team builds slowly and is bad for a couple of years and we get a superstar through the draft I have no problems with that.

I do think Ewing jr can play, but he has only showed glimpses, not steady play enough to be in a rotation. He hasn't even shined in d-league play. That type of rebuilding won't work in NY, especially after all the previous losing years. No one will come to watch that.

Quote:
This is not accurate Ridnour should have not been starting over Sessions the coach is just a moron but once Ridnour was injured and out for a while Sessions did the job with limited talent around him (although I like Charlie V offensively and RJefferson proved he cant carry a franchise!)
Sessions had just been called up from the d-league, no way he starts over the point already there. While he did play nicely, it was not impressive enough for him to just get full time starter minutes. Like I have said before, he isn't better than Duhon. Sessions, Ridnour and Duhon are all backups right now. Sessions is just younger.

Charlie is ok, not great defensivley, but now gone from the team as well as RJ mainly because of their lack of adequate defense.

Last edited by knickscity : 07-06-2009 at 07:09 AM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #22
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Most of the posters aren't talking much of thinking Leron is coming anymore. Now Bosh, Stoudemire, Wade has come up quite a bit, but with 30 mil under the cap how is that unrealistic??

The reason I say its not realistic is this:
Bosh has more talent around him on the Raptors provided he doesnt sign an extension this summer...
Stoudemire is a possibility but I dont know how interested the Knicks are in him...
Wade is the Miami franchise and Miami is NY South.... I cant say with confidence he would look to leave...

Basically all these teams had better records than the Knicks and there team can offer max money for these players... What is the incentive for them to play for the Knicks? They won more games on there current teams have arguably more talent or things set up team wise than the Knicks. I mean this game Walsh is playing with the team hoping to score a superstar or 2 BETTER pan out.

Quote:
That type of rebuilding won't work in NY, especially after all the previous losing years. No one will come to watch that.

Are you kidding we won 20 something games how many times the past few years how are people not ready for a complete rebuild??? We won 32 last year come on what happens if we dont land the studd guys in 2010 its called plan B a complete rebuild... lol
How much worse can we be with a complete rebuild????? You know how many games we going to win with the current roster maybe 20 games!

Look at the record since 2001:

2001–02 Eastern Atlantic 7th 30 52 .366 22 Did not reach the Playoffs —
2002–03 Eastern Atlantic 5th 37 45 .451 12 Did not reach the Playoffs —
2003–04 Eastern Atlantic 3rd 39 43 .476 8 Lost NBA Eastern Conference First Round to New Jersey Nets, 4–0[51] —
2004–05 Eastern Atlantic 4th 33 49 .402 12 Did not reach the Playoffs —
2005–06 Eastern Atlantic 5th 23 59 .280 26 Did not reach the Playoffs —
2006–07 Eastern Atlantic 4th 33 49 .402 14 Did not reach the Playoffs —
2007–08 Eastern Atlantic 5th 23 59 .280 43 Did not reach the Playoffs —
2008–09 Eastern Atlantic 5th 32 50 .390 30 Did not reach the Playoffs —

Quote:
Sessions had just been called up from the d-league, no way he starts over the point already there. While he did play nicely, it was not impressive enough for him to just get full time starter minutes. Like I have said before, he isn't better than Duhon. Sessions, Ridnour and Duhon are all backups right now. Sessions is just younger.

Sessions was assigned to D-League and did the damn thing in D-League... he did the damn thing when he started for the Bucks even though it was with only RJ and Charlie V... He ran the offense scored and set up his teammates well... I think he has more starting talent than Duhon, Telly, Rid, Alston.... I dont expect him to carry the load though not sure he's ready for that for a full season....
Old 07-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

lmao why do ppl think Kidd is the answer?He's old and washed up.You honestly think players do see what everyone on TV can?They play against the guy.He barely got burn on Team USA.they let him start to be respectful then it was off to the bench you go old man.My question to ppl swearing he's the magnet that is goin to attract all these free agents...why haven't ppl wanted to come to Dallas then?They have a better team,cooler owner and better coach.Plus you know when you play in Dallas you're going 2 be taken care of.

Quote:
The reason I say its not realistic is this:
Bosh has more talent around him on the Raptors provided he doesnt sign an extension this summer...
Stoudemire is a possibility but I dont know how interested the Knicks are in him...
Wade is the Miami franchise and Miami is NY South.... I cant say with confidence he would look to leave...

Basically all these teams had better records than the Knicks and there team can offer max money for these players... What is the incentive for them to play for the Knicks? They won more games on there current teams have arguably more talent or things set up team wise than the Knicks. I mean this game Walsh is playing with the team hoping to score a superstar or 2 BETTER pan out.

glad to see you coming back to your senses. We have no reason to think we can be the front runners in signing ANY of these guys.Look around,we aren't the only ppl with cap space and almost every one of these guys teams will be able to offer the max and if they really want these guys they shed and shed until they can.

Wade is almost a lock in Miami
LeBron is on a Championship caliber team who just got better in the off season and is losing a ton of cap with Wally leavin + Shaq comes off the books after this upcoming season.
Bosh is obviously being appeased by toronto.they are constantly tryna bring guys to play around him.
I think our best bet is to go after Amare because fr some weird reason Phx don't want him.They are constantly tryna get rid of him.
Joe Johnson though good isnt a franchise player to me
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

[quote=franchize]lmao why do ppl think Kidd is the answer?He's old and washed up.You honestly think players do see what everyone on TV can?They play against the guy.He barely got burn on Team USA.they let him start to be respectful then it was off to the bench you go old man.My question to ppl swearing he's the magnet that is goin to attract all these free agents...why haven't ppl wanted to come to Dallas then?They have a better team,cooler owner and better coach.Plus you know when you play in Dallas you're going 2 be taken care of.
/QUOTE]
The only reason why I said Kidd would fit is primarily to attract the free agents that want to win now. Now it didn't happen in Dallas because they are always over the cap similar to the Knicks.

30+mil of cap space can get you 2 star players at least, not saying it will, but "can".

The younger pg's will not be traded since a franchise pg is the hardest to get, they are quite rare.

Personally I would like to see the Knicks take a chance on a pg that could be great like Andre Miller. He reminds me so much of Chauncey Billups before he got to Detroit, it's amazing. Toiling, but not quite reaching his true potential.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
lmao why do ppl think Kidd is the answer?He's old and washed up.You honestly think players do see what everyone on TV can?They play against the guy.He barely got burn on Team USA.they let him start to be respectful then it was off to the bench you go old man.My question to ppl swearing he's the magnet that is goin to attract all these free agents...why haven't ppl wanted to come to Dallas then?They have a better team,cooler owner and better coach.Plus you know when you play in Dallas you're going 2 be taken care of.

I think his style of play and veteran leadership is an attractive point. Honestly Dallas has enough talent on the team to be contenders they really dont need another mega star.

Quote:
The only reason why I said Kidd would fit is primarily to attract the free agents that want to win now. Now it didn't happen in Dallas because they are always over the cap similar to the Knicks.

30+mil of cap space can get you 2 star players at least, not saying it will, but "can".

The younger pg's will not be traded since a franchise pg is the hardest to get, they are quite rare.

Personally I would like to see the Knicks take a chance on a pg that could be great like Andre Miller. He reminds me so much of Chauncey Billups before he got to Detroit, it's amazing. Toiling, but not quite reaching his true potential.

Andre Miller unfortunately isnt a running PG and he doesnt shoot from behind the arc.... I think Ridnour and Jennings and Charlie Bell can make Ramon Sessions expendable and for some reason they dont like him in Milwaukee.

I'm in favor of having cap space and signing 2 stars etc... But people are treating this situation like its some kind of guarantee people are coming to the Knicks! Also people acting like this roster is good is really annoying. There isnt one player on this roster that makes anyone say we can build around this guy or I want to play with him. Before you say Lee that dude is solid with the double doubles but he makes opposing big men look like Chamberlain.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

#1 since when is Andre Miller "great" lmao.
#2 Dallas will never win a Championship with their current roster
#3 How is having Kidd sending the message you want to win now to guys when the two biggest free agents have both been just as far or further than him and theres no reason to think he can lead a team back to a finals let alone a ring.
#4LeBron was estatic getting Mo Williams.He is very talented but not a high profile name.LeBron is young but mature.He's no idiot.So is Dwade.They kno kidd is washed up from the Olympics.dont let the PC postgame comments fool you.

Quote:
I'm in favor of having cap space and signing 2 stars etc... But people are treating this situation like its some kind of guarantee people are coming to the Knicks! Also people acting like this roster is good is really annoying. There isnt one player on this roster that makes anyone say we can build around this guy or I want to play with him. Before you say Lee that dude is solid with the double doubles but he makes opposing big men look like Chamberlain.

wonderfully put
Old 07-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'll clarify my last post by saying that Miller reminds me of Billups before he got to Detroit.

Billups wasn't great before that time either, I merely mentioned pg's that are available.

I like Miller as a player, I said he could be great.

And I still like Kidd. There aren't any pg's that are available that are currently producing more than him.

The younger points are not available, and the one's that are, are equal or worse than Duhon.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
I'll clarify my last post by saying that Miller reminds me of Billups before he got to Detroit.

Billups wasn't great before that time either, I merely mentioned pg's that are available.

I like Miller as a player, I said he could be great.

And I still like Kidd. There aren't any pg's that are available that are currently producing more than him.

The younger points are not available, and the one's that are, are equal or worse than Duhon.
I agree with Miller being solid dont know what caused the light to come on with Billups maybe it can happen with Miller.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 AM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

the guy is 33 years old.if he aint showin it now he's probably not going to. Thats being said...he too is better than Duhon lmao.We may very well have the worst pg in the NBA.We definitely have the worst team on paper.We seriously overachieved last year.Anytime David Lee is your center and Nate Robinson is one of your most prolific scorers...thats sad.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #30
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

why didnt we just draft a pg
there were what; 8 pgs taken in the first round (just a guess) and we took a pf and a combo guard.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: