Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #31
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Walsh

true but you can't blame Walsh.I'm always for going for a good pg being a former pg myself but Minn really ruined the draft with their retard antics.No1 coulda predicted that they'd do what they did.Only other thing we coulda did was trade down n get teague or get jennings.I still dont see why we arent going after Flynn.not a fan of Rubio but even goin after him was better than nothing.take a chance on a young guy with room for growth...**** it.Not like he can do much worst @ point.i mean seriously,our pg got outplayed by Nate Robinson.i think every1 is in agreement about Sessions right?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I think Walsh needs to have a plan B... Right now it looks like a total rebuild and Dumbtoni isnt the coach for that... Those retard trades last year for total dumps and nothing in return looked bad to me now its even worse...

20 win season if we are lucky is on the horizon!

cheers
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

o we are definitely lottery bound...no doubt about it.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #34
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
will ppl here,in the media and knick fans in general criticize him as vehemently and ever admit to him being even worse than Isaiah if he in fact ever gets to that point?I'm not saying he's there yet but he has done some really retarded things.Sure we cleared alot of cap but we also have Duhon as our point, haven't resigned either of our best two players and we've completely overlooked this free agent class's crop of talent just to hope for next year's. O an did I mention we have just offered Jason Kidd,who's 39 btw,a 3 year deal paying him pretty good money when he really didnt do anything last year. I'm not saying Walsh is a failure but im just askin will ppl be willing to admit if he does turn out to be a "bust".we already praised him for saving us from Zeke but one thing is for sure,for every dumb move and controversy Zeke got us in,he definitely brought talent and gr8 draft picks. Fair is Fair!!!

p.s. is ANYONE happy about this whole chaising Kidd idea?I'm sure not.

Why Walsh isnt going down as Worse then Isaih is because....Kidd didnt sign with the Knicks. As a matter of fact no old point guard did.

Instead were on the verge of getting a young one that Knicks fans want. Ramon Sessions.

Getting Sessions would erase any memory of going after kid and they guys on the suns and sixers who names I forget.

Duhon will just be thought of as our only 'option' at that time. And as soon as the season ended we got Sessions.

So IF we sign Sessions. Walsh will be viewed as the guy who made our team younger and paved the way with money for the future.

The only thing missing on the road he paved was support. So your correct on the over looking thing.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

1. GOT RID OF MARBURY!!!!!!!!!
2. GOT RID OF Q-RICH!!!!!!!!!!!! (after the first 2 I love this guy)
3. Got Ramon Sessions (Pending)
4. Traded the big contracts for expiring ones preparing for the most popular off-season in NBA history.
5. Drafted young talented players with good up-side.

DISLIKES
_________

1. Has yet to re-sign David Lee
2. Could have got more for Randolph and Jamal. They were on fire at the time. Should've let there stock rise for a little bit.
3. Still hasnt gotten rid of Curry and Jefferies.

*******NOTE***********

Jefferies reminds me of the giraff from Toys R Us everytime I see him.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #35
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

lmao and its ironic cuz the giraffe is named Geoffry.

i think you can't completely evaluate Walsh until after everyone is in place after the 2010 free agent class.

i just wanna make sure if he does botch this thing up we criticize him just as much as isaiah in all fairness
Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Exclamation Re: Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
lmao and its ironic cuz the giraffe is named Geoffry.

i think you can't completely evaluate Walsh until after everyone is in place after the 2010 free agent class.

i just wanna make sure if he does botch this thing up we criticize him just as much as isaiah in all fairness
We dont have a viable PG SG C, not competitive, with 3 big wholes meaning no future, but we have salary cap room without an attractive team to get a top tier talent yet Walsh is above reproach????

MY GOD WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING? ENLIGHTEN ME!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #37
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

u should re-read what i said...i didnt say walsh was exempt at all.im calling for him to be held to the same standards as Isaiah.We ripped Zeke and in some ways rightfully so.I just wanna make sure if and when Walsh botches up the Knicks we do the same thing in all fairness.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #38
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I dont know if it can get much worse then Isiah.

I mean come on. Isaih did so bad he left Walsh with nothing to mess up.

He has 2 options now.

1. Make the team better
2. Do nothing

Becuase Isaih was kind enough to take care of the third option (mess everything up and lose 2 first round draft picks) for him.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #39
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Franchize wasnt attacking or bashing...

i'm just looking at the win totals from the 1st year 30 wins, going into this season 15 to 20 wins, only difference between IT and these Knicks is more salary cap space... The Knicks have no PG, SG, C....

Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #40
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

And whos fault is that?

Isiah Thomas

He tried to get us a Center and a PG

Too bad he picked Eddy Curry and Stephon Marbury

He gave up millions of dollars and 2 first round draft picks for these guys to have front court seats to watch the Knicks play basketball.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #41
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
And whos fault is that?

Isiah Thomas

He tried to get us a Center and a PG

Too bad he picked Eddy Curry and Stephon Marbury

He gave up millions of dollars and 2 first round draft picks for these guys to have front court seats to watch the Knicks play basketball.
At the time there was nothing wrong with having those guys... are you kidding me? I was happy that we acquired them a possible young franchise center and Steph coming home (20 and 8).... I was all for it. Jerome James had the mid level exception defensive Center to spell Curry... I had no complaints... Crawford at SG, I had no complaints....

It didnt work out...
Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #42
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

and now were here.

What did curry ever prove to make him worthy of 2 first rounders?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #43
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
At the time there was nothing wrong with having those guys... are you kidding me? I was happy that we acquired them a possible young franchise center and Steph coming home (20 and 8).... I was all for it. Jerome James had the mid level exception defensive Center to spell Curry... I had no complaints... Crawford at SG, I had no complaints....

It didnt work out...

The only problem with that reasoning is that the problems were still there.

The Bulls had given up on Curry, even offered to pay him for life not to play ball, if his heart wasn't good enough. And they wound up getting two unprotected 1st rounders from the Knicks for him.

Marbury was a "me-first pg" before he got to the Knicks and had always been labeled a player that make team worse (whether true or not). And somehow that was supposed to change since he got back home.

Jerome James had gotten the full MLE for 1, count it, 1 playoffs series.

Crawford is and always been a streaky player who can score in bunches, but you won't win with him.

As evident by him being the longest tenured player in the league to have never played in a playoff game(9 seasons).

These moves most knew would not work.

Which even in this modern day, why David Lee is still havent gotten an offer from anyone.

He just isn't worth his asking price and all the GM's including Walsh see it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #44
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I think Jamal was the best thing he brought to the Knicks. I liked the Jamal. He just presents him-self so well and when he goes big he GOES BIG. Last year was a very good season for him in my opinion.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #45
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Jerome James did not get the Mid Level based solely on 1 playoff series... The Knicks had no center and he was the best available and IT assumed he was ready to take the next step...

Not to stay in the past but sorry I disagree most fans were happy to get Curry and Steph bottom line and hindsight 20/20 people can bash it today... but I wont shy away from it... I thought both were good acquisitions... Did Curry cost too much but most people believed if his Heart was ok he could have been the franchise center for years to come hence the contract he received!...

Not withstanding I think IT was an idiot and a moron...

Walsh has gone in the opposite direction of IT left the roster undermanned and talentless... If its a complete rebuild then thats a different story but to think he could BUY 2 superstars with this roster is STUPID!

I think most likely Lee (not a 10 mill player) and Nate (cant help but be selfish) will be back for 1 more year then next year they are ghost most likely.

Last edited by Rameek : 07-22-2009 at 01:41 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: