Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Lets just call it what it is shall we? L.A Fakers

Name seems corny but it fits the team, the franchise and its fan perfectly. Look up the definition of smug and you'll see a Lakers jersey. Funny. Really dont know why any of you actually think adding Artest makes this team a dynasty. You guys remain the most delusional, annoying, pompous fans on this board since I've posted.

All kidding aside how does it feel to be a fan of a consistent and successful winner? Has anyone ever witnessed dog years? A stretch of seasons? I really cant recall many years where the Lakers were the Clippers, or the Sixers for that matter. Definately a franchise a bball fan could envy given what team he/she roots for. As a Sixers fan I'm just hoping Ed Stefanski can get this ship on course and put together a team that can reach the ECF let alone NBA Finals. Lakers fans just enjoying pieces being added to a loaded team. Popular city. Popular franchise. Popular star NBA player. World Champs. Then you add Artest and most likely will keep Odom.

Life is good as a Lakers fan no? Your offseason is set. You can go to the beach, sip lemonade, ride a wave whereas other fans are scouting rumors all over the friggin internet for any sign of daylight for thier team. Sweet.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lets just call it what it is shall we? L.A Fakers

No reasonable fan can even h@te on the Lakers. At best thier only argument is "Nothing is guranteed!". haha You really cant break down why they cant win the NBA title vs the likes of other title contenders. And if Bynum can actually show that deal he got was justified? Wow.

Must be nice.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not gonna lie it feels great to be a die-hard fan for this team.

Its not just about winning titles, our owners have shown that they are committed to being winners and will never tolerate to become a donald sterling type of business men.

Hopefully one day when Jim runs the team, he will be just as smart as his dad.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOBB your city has a football team!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
No reasonable fan can even h@te on the Lakers. At best thier only argument is "Nothing is guranteed!". haha You really cant break down why they cant win the NBA title vs the likes of other title contenders. And if Bynum can actually show that deal he got was justified? Wow.

Must be nice.

Your dad and grandfather is why Wilt left the Sixers for LA. LOL.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gobb I been watching this team along time and that's the one thing you can count on as being a laker fan, they will always try, jerry buss just "gets it" he knows his market and knows the best way to make money is to put a team on the floor that has a chance. when the clipps came to LA I was excited, 2 NBA teams this is great, but after 4 5 years the writing was on the wall, sterling wants to make money which is fine, buss does too.
but his approach is so different than the way buss runs his team.

i can understand some teams in some markets do have to opperate under certain parameters that don't allow them to build a deep roster, they have to pick and choose their moments to make that run. but LA is not one of those markets and i'm happy we do have an owner that understands it.

we have also been blessed with two real solid GMs, they know when and where and who to spend the money on, but they also don't just throw cash at a problem like some teams do (kncks)

that's the one thing i love about the spurs, small market but smart smart smart basketball minds pulling the strings behind the curtain, i know some laker fans hate the spurs and don't like to give them props but it's all i can do... those guys know how to run a team. they could take over the clippers and they'd be a title threat in 4 years and a dynasty would be born in 6

thanks for the good post GOBB
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
GOBB your city has a football team!

Exactly what I was gonna say. Even though GOBB wanted to jump all over me when I proclaimed my love for the Eagles. Anyway, people always call Laker fans pompus but honestly this franchise is the definition of excellence. Even the "dog" years of Team Van Excell and the Post Shaq years they were mere plays away from going on championship runs. Think about the year we let Phoenix come back from 3-1. Next round we woulda had The Clippers. we could have very well went back to the WCF and beyond with kwame and Smush!

It's just something about the team. Role players become stars. Sorry a$$ teams get juiced up to play us. Watch Memphis or Portland (they're a good team now) play against us. Those dudes come out the gate like the NBA title is on the line.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
that's the one thing i love about the spurs, small market but smart smart smart basketball minds pulling the strings behind the curtain, i know some laker fans hate the spurs and don't like to give them props but it's all i can do... those guys know how to run a team. they could take over the clippers and they'd be a title threat in 4 years and a dynasty would be born in 6

thanks for the good post GOBB

I think all real Laker fans respect the hell out of the Spurs. I hate Boston. I hate the Queens. I hate Portland. I'm starting to dislike Denver. But I look at San Antonio as the Joker to our Batman. We need that rivalry as much as they do to keep each other on our toes. I'm glad to see them making moves and not fading away.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Raider007
EvilDooinz

Raider007 has decent reputationRaider007 has decent reputation

We could send the Clippers to Philly as a peace offering
Raider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider007
We could send the Clippers to Philly as a peace offering
shouldn't we send them something they could use?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
shouldn't we send them something they could use?
HAHAHA!

We need the clippers though. Whenever we have a tough loss, I flip to their games and start laughing and the pain is all gone.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol, i guess this is why Laker's get so much hate. On the outside looking in, it must be quite frustrating. AS gts said, it starts with the owner. And Jerry Buss is intent on winning year in and year out. Not hasty when it comes to making deals, but aggressive when its needed. L.A. overall is just a great market for big name players. Sunny weather and hollywood right there. Its not a coincidence that big name players want to play here. Good to see you here Gobb and goodluck with the sixers this year. Hopfully Brand can live up to his contract
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #13
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we'll give you sasha for kapono. please?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #14
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lake fans really are fortunate.

Think about this. I am 40 and have loved that team for at least 35 years of my life. In my lifetime they have missed they playoffs exactly 4 times.

4 times peoples. That's just stupefying.

They may not have always been in contention for a ring, but that is what it is. They put a good product out on the floor. And have been in the mix for a title, with a decent shot, or even as a dark horse so often it is silly.

And they have won the title 10 times in my lifetime. A quarter of my life they are champs. INSANE.

On top of all that, they have won the west 22 times. Just in my lifetime. I do not know if that holds weight for younger cats, as people now seem to regard anyone who does not win in the finals as a LOOSER, but when I was young, winning the west was like a big deal. It was like winning the rose bowl. I was not crushed if we won the west and did not take the championship as a kid. Just disappointed.

As for the incongruity of the name, real lake fans know the history of the team and are in touch with it. It is one of the original names. Heck, I thought the Bobcats should have try'd to get the rights to be the zephyrs. It is OG :P
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
WiltTheStilt
I brick open layups

WiltTheStilt has decent reputationWiltTheStilt has decent reputation

The Lakers organization has been commited to excellance for many yeaers even before Jerry Buss. The previous owner Jack Kent Cook also had the same philosophy of winning. Before that the owner was Bob Short who also had a winning philosophy. Jerry West was a great player and then GM. Mitch Kubchak is finally coming into his own almost as if a green light finally and recently went off. I do worry abot Jimmy Buss who thankfully has been very silent the last season as I dont think he is capable of running the team yet and I dont know if hes got it in him.

Last edited by WiltTheStilt : 07-04-2009 at 10:43 AM.
WiltTheStilt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: