Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #16
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Last night it looked like a bunch of 5 graders put the show together.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #17
Voratian
Serious playground baller

Voratian has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, it was a disaster.

KIDS in the audience at an ECW show? Eugh.
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:08 AM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voratian
Yeah, it was a disaster.

KIDS in the audience at an ECW show? Eugh.

Yeah, I was reading on a wrestling site the ring announcer told them to be on their best behavior because kids were in attendence.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:44 AM   #19
funky2dope
I airball my layups

funky2dope has an OK reputation so far

that's a joke. ECW was popular because it was savage. You can't tone it down and expect it to still be poplular. However, Vince wouln't have started it up again if there wasn't something in store to make it a success, so I'll guess we'll have to wait and see. Disappointing beginnings however.
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #20
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
However, Vince wouln't have started it up again if there wasn't something in store to make it a success
You mean like the XFL, the WBF, the 2001 purchases of WCW and ECW....

....do I really need to continue?

I was never a fan of ECW, and I think ECW fans are hypocritical idiots (chanting "same old ****" considering some of the stuff they like, for example), but the reason it become a subculture phenomenon was because it was a visceral experience. That can't be replicated in tapings before Smackdown in front of 15,000 people, probably 2/3rds of which at any given arena couldn't give a rat's ass about Sandman, Balls Mahoney, Justin Credible, or most of those guys (and I can't blame them....those guys all suck).

ECW One Night Stand was great (even though a lot of WWE guys carried the show: Cena, Edge, and Foley were the top performers of the night, if you ask me, and I'm not a huge fan of any of them except Foley). That's the type of show that can't be replicated, however, in a big arena full of people who don't know who the hell these guys are.

The only way it could be a creative success is if it stuck, at least at first, to the same type of small venues, such as Hammerstein Ballroom, that the real ECW took place in. But then it'd be a financial failure just like the real ECW was.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
Voratian

The death of ECW - according to Paul E. himself- was that they could not retain their TV deal, which killed them financially. Granted, they never had a lot of money at their disposal and owed wrestlers good amounts of money, but the TV deal would have helped immensely.

I'm about to watch One Night Stand 2006.
If ECW shows on Sci-Fi had this atmosphere, it would be excellent and a must-watch even if the matches are horrible. Why? Because the crowd would call them on it openly and rudely, an ECW tradition.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #22
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voratian
Another minor problem is the roster, i think they have 12 ECW wrestlers to choose from. 10/12 were in the battle royal.
Minor problem? They just had a masked mexican version of Randy Savage get his head caned in by that drunk bum sandman. And that drunk bum Tommy Dreamer slapping Big Show saying he has to go through him to make a name for himself? What a JOKE that turned out to be. This shiite really stinks so far.
MadeFromDust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:57 PM   #23
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Ecw really never had a huge fan base..maybe 1/4 of wwe , so i really dont know why they brought this back anyway.
I think Chris Jericho had something to do with it. I just found out he's gonna be in some upcoming Sci-Fi movie. Maybe he sold them on wrestling and brought Vince and them together and of course the seeds had been sown for a return of ecw anyway. That's how business is done man.
MadeFromDust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #24
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I think they gonna combine raw and smackdown brands now. ECW = New Smackdown, but older guys.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #25
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

This isn't the same ol ECW, but you can't ever bring it back. Anyways, this is still good enough and its only been two shows. So far, i liked both shows and thought it was better than any TNA iMPACT i've seen. I just hope ECW can stick around this time because i believe once things start picking up, it will get better and hopefully be able to do its own set of tapings. The crowd at ECW is mainly a smackdown crowd and that kills it.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #26
Voratian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
Minor problem? They just had a masked mexican version of Randy Savage get his head caned in by that drunk bum sandman. And that drunk bum Tommy Dreamer slapping Big Show saying he has to go through him to make a name for himself? What a JOKE that turned out to be. This shiite really stinks so far.

Haha, yeah.

They need to let Paul E. be in charge of signings for ECW, he always had an eye for ECW-material talent.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #27
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

i used to watch wrestling when stone cold was in it... he left and i was like this ****s gay now... but anyway, it cant be the old ecw because vince owns the rights to wcw and ecw, hes just saving money tapin it with smackdown, it cant be the old ecw , why, because theres someone else in charge...
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #28
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
They need to let Paul E. be in charge of signings for ECW, he always had an eye for ECW-material talent.
Well, that's not going to happen, because Paul doesn't own it. Whether Vince should give Paul total creative control is another thing. And I think he should. If he's gonna do ECW, at least try to do it right. Whether or not doing ECW right is a good thing is another story, but that's neither here nor there.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #29
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ecw

ECW suxs balls

oh wow they have wut 11 superstars // i think they should get rid of ecw and just put all the wrestlers in it on smackdown
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: