Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #16
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

it's true, but c'mon, jerome james got 30 mil. and howard is now supposed to settle for 27? no way, he is young, athletic, hustling and also third offensive option on finals team...they're nuts if they don't lock him up, they got him for 30th pick and now to lose him in free agency...that would simply be a horrible move
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:53 PM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I like the idea of Howard ending up in New Orleans... they could use some perimeter defense.

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Josh Howard
SF: Peja Stojakovic
PF: David West
C: Tyson Chandler

pretty nasty lineup right there, pretty much have everything you'd need
I agree. Great fit but how'd they pull it off?

The Mavs don't need Howard as much as he might think they do but he does help the team, they're not lowballing right now, they're insulting him. That's less than an MLE. I'd be offended if I were Jho. 5 mil a year? That's what Korver makes I think. That's stupid.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I'm not mistaken DUnleavy got even more than Tayshaun, and I wouldn't consider Howard quite at Tay's level. Tayshaun has had 1 more quality regular season, and 4 big playoff seasons, where he made an impact going back to him coming off the bench as a rookie against T-Mac in '03.

I would give Howard 5, maybe 6 less mill than Tay.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #19
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

I would not be surprised, nor can I knock Josh Howard if he leaves Dallas to get that money. The Mavs front office sure gets frugal with their money at funny times, and since they low-balled him, he should do an Alphonso Soriano on them, and make the Mavs sweat this summer.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #20
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Didn'T the Mavs acquire Dampier via trade? If not, I can't believe they signed him and not Nash
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:16 PM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
Didn'T the Mavs acquire Dampier via trade? If not, I can't believe they signed him and not Nash
S&T i believe
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #22
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

He's young and doesn't deserve big money yet...sign a shorter deal and get paid in 2 years. I wish he would get traded though. Mavs wouldn't make it very far in the playoffs then though.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #23
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hes not particularly young(hes 2 months younger than prince) i dont think hes as good as many mavs fans do but this is a joke. My ceiling on a deal for him would be 5-52 or so and i think that would make him overpaid. As for charlotte, he wouldnt fit there at all. I dont think he would take kindly to coming off the bench on a bad team when he starts for a great one now.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #24
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
If I'm not mistaken DUnleavy got even more than Tayshaun, and I wouldn't consider Howard quite at Tay's level. Tayshaun has had 1 more quality regular season, and 4 big playoff seasons, where he made an impact going back to him coming off the bench as a rookie against T-Mac in '03.

I would give Howard 5, maybe 6 less mill than Tay.

agreed...plus TP is awesome on defense
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not trying to justify that offer. I would walk if I were him. Less than the MLE????????

Cuban and the rest of those guys are idiots.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #26
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

It will be interesting if he does leave (i doubt he would anyways) because he'd unfortunately be exposed big time. People just don't realize how many good looks and open lanes Dirk gets him. Howard probably has the worst peripheral/fast break vision of any small forward i've ever seen, and he isn't a consistent shooter

Last edited by joewait : 10-14-2006 at 01:48 PM.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #27
joewait

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
He's young and doesn't deserve big money yet...sign a shorter deal and get paid in 2 years. I wish he would get traded though. Mavs wouldn't make it very far in the playoffs then though.

lol, you're a cute little hater. You must be like Ric Bucher, the clown who thinks Howard>Dirk and who said before last season Dirk would have a tough time with small forwards guarding him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you are Bucher.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #28
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

How about Rashard Lewis for Josh Howard? Both players are upset with their situatons and they get a new start.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #29
joewait

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
How about Rashard Lewis for Josh Howard? Both players are upset with their situatons and they get a new start.

Rashard lewis doesn't fit into the dallas' scheme.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #30
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
It will be interesting if he does leave (i doubt he would anyways) because he'd unfortunately be exposed big time. People just don't realize how many good looks and open lanes Dirk gets him. Howard probably has the worst peripheral/fast break vision of any small forward i've ever seen, and he isn't a consistent shooter

just like JAmison, Walker, and NAsh were exposed.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: