Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-14-2006, 02:12 PM   #31
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
just like JAmison, Walker, and NAsh were exposed.

uh, what the hell has Walker done? jamison plays in a weak division? you never heard of jason terry or diop till they got to dallas. coincidentally, diop got a lot beter since leaving Lebron james.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #32
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
uh, what the hell has Walker done? jamison plays in a weak division? you never heard of jason terry or diop till they got to dallas. coincidentally, diop got a lot beter since leaving Lebron james.

Walker won a championship. Jason Terry was putting up like 19 and 8 in Atlanta. Diop lost 70 pounds when he came to Dallas.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #33
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

I think the fact that Howard's been on such a low rookie contract makes him want more money. As for the Hornets they could take him on next year they are going to get more cap space but I don't know if that would fit with resigning West. Bobcats and Magic have the money and the need for a good player who can play SG.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:25 PM   #34
joewait

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Walker won a championship. Jason Terry was putting up like 19 and 8 in Atlanta. Diop lost 70 pounds when he came to Dallas.

i don't know why I bother arguing with you.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #35
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
I think the fact that Howard's been on such a low rookie contract makes him want more money. As for the Hornets they could take him on next year they are going to get more cap space but I don't know if that would fit with resigning West. Bobcats and Magic have the money and the need for a good player who can play SG.
Josh isnt a 2. He doesnt have the lateral quickness. Im assuming the cats are planning on starting morrison at some point since they just drafted him and Wallace is better than josh so i dont really see the use for him there.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #36
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

People don't understand how much better Dirk makes a player like Josh look. The guy who would normally be guarding Josh is guarding Dirk.. guys like Marion.. Odom.. Bowen.. etc.. etc..

But instead Josh usually has a total mismatch and he still doesn'treally exploit them that much. If you had an all-star calibre player in Josh's position playing next to Dirk they would look like an MVP. As it is.. Josh doesn't even look like a true All-star. Unfortunately Josh is getting a big head because even he doesn't seem to realize how easy Dirk makes his life.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #37
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You people cannot believe that crap. Any indications so far that Cuban or Donnie Nelson are completely retarded? You honestly believe they offer him a crappy MLE, which could be an irreparable slap in the face. Either Howard wanted to piss off Sefko, because heīs fed up with the whole topic or he wasnīt aware how long and how much Prince made. Howard according to Sefko never specifically said 5 years 27 million, but 20 million less than Prince. Donīt Wade and LeBron make 20 million less than Prince? Correct me if Iīm wrong, but didnīt they sign three year extension worth around 30 million dollars? Maybe the Mavs offered Howard the same contract, 3 years worth 27 million?
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #38
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Hornets already spent all their money this summer, they should be focusing on Chris Paul now.

did you hear both Chandler AND West sprained their ankles? Bummer...

yeah howard deserves tayshaun numbers for sure. i dont know what the mavs are thinking. maybe its a head game. i wouldnt have any trouble paying him 50 mil or a little more over a long term contract if I were a GM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #39
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
That's a similiar contract Cuban gave to Marquis Daniels if I'm correct, and Howard is a better player than him. Lowballin' for sure. He's the same caliber player as a Prince, so that's right in the neighborhood of what he should be getting.

Daniels got 6 years, $38 million.

Howard is way, way better so he deserves something in that range.

Somewhere in the Tayshaun/Dunleavy range - 5 years, $40-45 million.

Even Gooden got 3 years, $23 million, which is similar in annual amount to what Tayshaun got.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:07 PM   #40
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Josh is worth 5 years $50,000,000. He isn't a guy we can afford to lose, he isn't like an aging Mike Finley, Josh does things for this team that no one else does. He is our 3rd option + our best slasher + our "garbage" (ie hustle) man + alot of heart + our "edge."

He is worth Ginobili cash because he is basically Dirk's version of Manu. He is that important to us. He is a scorer and a glue guy, those types are rare. He needs to get that contract, 5 years $50,000,000.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #41
SsKSpurs21

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

oh man! i hate howard with a passion...BUT! if he was on my team i would love him! he would be perfect as our starting 3! come on RC! empty out our bench this summer and make a run for howard! come on RC make it happen!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #42
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Two things surprise me about this. First that the Mavs lowballed him that bad if the numbers are true. And second that Josh went public with it. All camp he hasn't wanted to comment on it, just answers "ask them", and now he speaks up. Makes me wonder if his agent is prompting him. From all reports both sides want him in Dallas.

Some of this talk about him going to another team is premature. The Mavs can offer the most money. Can match any offer. Or work a sign and trade. Losing him for nothing after another year is the last option. One I would be surprised to see happen.

It would be in the best interest of both sides to get a deal done now. There are risks for both sides letting to go till after the season. Josh keeps improving and the price goes up. And the chance of someone with cap space making a high offer. Josh has a bad season or gets injured and the price could go down. Injury didn't hurt Nene. But then he's a big man and not a swingman.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #43
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

It was a pretty insulting offer if Josh is telling the truth. If all he's looking for is a Tayshawn type offer then I think you give it to him. 5 year 50 million is the absolute max you give to him. If he wants/expects to get anything more, then you send his outa town.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #44
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Josh isnt a 2. He doesnt have the lateral quickness. Im assuming the cats are planning on starting morrison at some point since they just drafted him and Wallace is better than josh so i dont really see the use for him there.

If you're questioning his ability to guard 2's I disagree with you. He struggled with Wade in the finals (who didn't) but he is very able to guard at the 2 position.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #45
KnickFan4Life
Banned

KnickFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Mark Cuban is stuntin b.
KnickFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: