Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #61
DMarinosTDrecord
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DMarinosTDrecord has an OK reputation so far

so why is db.com not up?
most of these replies are copied and pasted from db originals and i dont feel like remembering my points (which were brilliant, naturally)
DMarinosTDrecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #62
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

says server too busy plain as day when you go there. you can simply go to www.ezboard.com and my control center and get to the board from there if you have posted recently
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #63
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
I would be concerned, 16 and 6 is borderline all star numbers (in fact if you play on a team that has won a title it does get you into the ASG as a reserve). Like Miles said, he's our best slasher, best defender, shoots a better than competent 42% from 3 even, best athlete, and edgiest player.

My point is that I don't see him ever getting a lot better than Tayshaun, so they'll always be able to use that as a benchmark for his contract. And unless Josh can say, "not only am I better than Tayshaun, I'm just as good as Tmac/Pierce/Melo etc...", he's not going to get a contract a lot bigger than Tay's.

And anyway, if he DOES somehow manage to transform himself into a superstar, more power to him, and if I'm Cuban I have no problem paying him accordingly. Everyone wins.

There's really just no reason to deal with this now, IMO. It's something that waits until next year...unless Josh wants to give them a discount.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #64
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I los all respect I had for Donnie Nelson and Marc Cuban so far, if they really trie to lowball on Josh Howard. He is not on the level where he would be irreplaceable, but such a low offer is an insult. If you want Howard to play like he is in a contract year, then just dont extend him this season, but offering less money than they spent on effing Marquis Daniels is just insane.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #65
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I don't understand this. The Mavericks can afford him, especially in 2008 when most of their bad contracts have expired. This is crazy.

I've watched Josh Howard play since he arrived at Wake and he's always been underestimated. If the Mavs let him walk because of a low ball offer like this one, then they deserve to lose. Since when did Mark Cuban become cheap?
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #66
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, if he's restricted next year why are they even bringin this up right now, yet alone handing out offers. Unless J-ho is trying to cash in on the playoff success.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #67
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

People are sure overrating Dirk in this thread.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #68
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Only joewait has mentioned or overrated Dirk.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #69
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
My point is that I don't see him ever getting a lot better than Tayshaun, so they'll always be able to use that as a benchmark for his contract
Yea that's the point, that he's somewhere around the Tayshaun/Manu level and he should be compensated as such. Offering him 5.4mil a yr over 5 yrs while Tay is getting 9.4 over 5 is unacceptable. If you go look up most team's salaries, that's what about the 6th or 7th best player is making.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: