Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #16
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Default Re: Lakers dodge a bullett with Turkoglu signing?

Lakers Dodge a bullet?

No, no, no..

You see the Blazers Dodge a bullet by not signing Turkoglu.

Big Turkey isnt getting any younger and a 5 year deal at 50 mil?

C'mon.. you are saving yourself.

Turkoglu=Overrated.. He is just a bit too old.

Man trust me when I say this!! Think Ben Wallace Signing!!!!!!!
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Lakers Dodge a bullet?

No, no, no..

No thats going a bit too far. Ben didn't have much skills. Just some athleticism that he knew how to use to his advantage.

Turkoglu actually has a variety of moves, and he hit some really clutch shots in the playoffs. Also very high IQ player. Can't believe he played behind Peja for so many years in Sacramento.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Lakers Dodge a bullet?

No, no, no..

I disagree.... Ben Wallace was a rebounding, energy player with no basketball skills. Hedo is a very solid player who has 3-4 years of solid basketball left in him. I agree 5 years is too long, but he will be very productive at age 30,31,32.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

Hedo will be a match up problem for teams for years to come. Age is a bit over rated especially when we are talking about someone who is 30. As for Portland it is crazy to say the Lakers would just crush them (if they get one of these players) It's a team they will see in the 2nd round or WCF. They will be a very good team.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #20
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
No thats going a bit too far. Ben didn't have much skills. Just some athleticism that he knew how to use to his advantage.

Turkoglu actually has a variety of moves, and he hit some really clutch shots in the playoffs. Also very high IQ player. Can't believe he played behind Peja for so many years in Sacramento.

okay, maybe that was a bit too extreme. haha.. not like the ben wallace move, but similar.

Alright we all know that Turk might have already had has his best years behind him.. God it was just yesterday that he played for Sacto and Spurs.. and now he is still around. Dont get me wrong, the guy is a good player, and he will be when he is 32, but not at 10 mil. Not at 35 years old. Now could I Be wrong? YES. Do i know that? YES.

I just think that, offering Turk that huge contract for a YOUNG team might hurt a little. You might not be getting true value for your dollar in 2 years, something like inflation. haha

A team like Portland has Brandon Roy, do they really need Turk? An aging turkoglu? That doesnt play defense?

Portland is a yound team with capspace. They are peices away from being a legit team. Wasting 10 mil on an old Turkoglu, is it worth it? when if you just wait a year, you could spend that 10 mil, and add like 7 and add a STAR player, like a Carmelo, or Amare, or who ever you want. Portland could do BIG things with that extra 10 mil that they DIDNT WASTE.

Call me crazy, but thats my opinion.

Turkoglu was a good player, that was caught on the RIGHT TEAM, at the RIGHT TIME, with the RIGHT PLAYERS, the RIGHT SYSTEM, during the right time in his career on a CONTRACT year..

Now he is going to Toronto for 56 mil. hmmm... Speaks a lot for this guy. The guy isnt getting younger and leaves a contender in ORLANDO, for portland. okay, cool. You commit to this team and when another team comes along, you say "nvm".

Really now? is money THAT important bro. Now With all that said, I'm jsut saying Portland doesnt know it yet but NOT signing turkoglu might have been the better deal.

Last edited by MJ(Mean John) : 07-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #21
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
I disagree.... Ben Wallace was a rebounding, energy player with no basketball skills. Hedo is a very solid player who has 3-4 years of solid basketball left in him. I agree 5 years is too long, but he will be very productive at age 30,31,32.

yeah, you're right, using Ben was prolly a bad example. But I just wanted to get that point across.

Turkoglu is a good player, no doubt. But at 30 years old, do you really want to give him that huge contract? I was just...

Fuck it.

Just read my post above. haha
Old 07-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lol I disagree again because Turkoglu in portland gives them an extra ball handler that can score off the dribble, penetrate for some layups, and another play maker that can take some pressure of Brandon Roy.

Im really glad this move hadn't happened. Its better for toronto as well because now they have a legitimate second option and it'll give easier opportunities to Chris Bosh.

Turk is so good that I'd rather have him in Toronto than Portland.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #23
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol I disagree again because Turkoglu in portland gives them an extra ball handler that can score off the dribble, penetrate for some layups, and another play maker that can take some pressure of Brandon Roy.

Im really glad this move hadn't happened. Its better for toronto as well because now they have a legitimate second option and it'll give easier opportunities to Chris Bosh.

Turk is so good that I'd rather have him in Toronto than Portland.

Well,

Now I disagree. haha

Turk is not that good.

Lamar Odom>Turkoglu.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Well,

Now I disagree. haha

Turk is not that good.

Lamar Odom>Turkoglu.

Its not what you think.

Scoring: Turk>Odom
Rebounding: Turk < Odom
Defense: Turk < Odom
Passing: Turk > Odom but not by much

Odom can do what hedo can do offensively but not nearly as good as him because of the consistency factor. What seperates Odom from Turk is obviously his rebounding, defense, and the ability to play several positions.

Its very close though and different teams would perform good with either one or the other, but not both because it depends what that team needs.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #25
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

Quote:

rofl. An aging PF/C with no offensive skills that couldn't even fit in with Lebron? Not to mention one of the worst basketball IQ players in the league, he would be worse off in the triangle than you would be.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #26
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
rofl. An aging PF/C with no offensive skills that couldn't even fit in with Lebron? Not to mention one of the worst basketball IQ players in the league, he would be worse off in the triangle than you would be.

This is true. I'm a hard core Pistons guy too. Everybody knew in 05 that his game was going down hill. He was an under sized center that played bigger than he was because of his athleticism. With age that obviously goes down hill. He was always horrible on offense. It was like playing 4 on 5. But defensively it was like playing 6 on 5 so you had to take the bad with the good. At this point in his career I think he is right to want to retire.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: