Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation
Default Marion to Dallas; Grizzlies involved

It appears that the Dallas Mavericks and Toronto Raptors have successfully recruited the Memphis Grizzlies to help them complete a trade that would eventually route free-agent swingman Shawn Marion to the Mavericks, according to NBA front-office sources.

Yet sources told ESPN.com that the deal, while very far along, has not been finalized and was unlikely to be completed before Thursday at the earliest, with the trade potentially including a fourth team in its final form.

The Mavericks' interest in a sign-and-trade deal for Marion emerged Tuesday but requires Dallas and Toronto to find at least one more team to facilitate the trade because the Raptors can't waive Stackhouse without incurring an extra $2 million in payroll for next season, which would slice into the cap space they have earmarked to sign prized free agent Hedo Turkoglu away from Orlando.

But the Grizzlies' participation would involve Memphis absorbing Stackhouse's $7.25 million contract and buying him out for $2 million before the Aug. 10 deadline in Stackhouse's contract. It's believed that the trade will stipulate that Dallas pays that $2 million to the Grizzlies to cover that expense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marion to Dallas; Grizzlies involved

So it looks like we're trying to get in the good books of yet another team. It's a smart move, because it opens up future trading possibilties. Kind of like owing the Grizzlies one, because of what they done here. Or we're just getting taken advantage of because of our voluptuous cap space.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Yep.

Its by far the most depressing eventful offseason I can remember.

From the way the market looks we could've gotten Glen Davis for $4-5 Million per year and still had money left over to add more role players including an actual 6th Man to fill out our depth.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Yep.

Its by far the most depressing eventful offseason I can remember.

From the way the market looks we could've gotten Glen Davis for $4-5 Million per year and still had money left over to add more role players including an actual 6th Man to fill out our depth.
We could've got Brandon Bass as well and then gone after a shooter like Luther Head and a point guard like Jarret Jack and still had money left over. I get pissed every time I think of Zach F'n Randolph.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
So it looks like we're trying to get in the good books of yet another team. It's a smart move, because it opens up future trading possibilties. Kind of like owing the Grizzlies one, because of what they done here. Or we're just getting taken advantage of because of our voluptuous cap space.
Unfortunately, teams are looking at us like

Mark Cuban:"Well since you're not going to use your cap space, can we help you faciliate our trade by giving you some picks or cash...more importantly cold hard cash."

Chris Wallace:"How much cash are we talking about here?"

Mark Cuban:"About $2 Million to buyout Jerry Stackhouse from his contract so we can sign him later for the Veterans minimum"

Chris Wallace:"But that just pays for our costs, we dont profit from doing it, I think we could get more to make it fair ya know"

Mark Cuban:"Well we'll just call Sam Presti to see what he can....."

Michael Heisley:"Deal."

Chris Wallace:"Mr.Heisley what are you doing on the phone?"

Michael Heisley:"I have your phone calls on speaker to make sure you're not letting money get away"

Mark Cuban:"Great, I'll send over the paperwork"

Mark Cuban:"Hey Mike, by the way is Rudy Gay available?"

Michael Heisley:"He'll be in 3 years once I cut salary costs again to rid the team of his contract"
Old 07-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
We could've got Brandon Bass as well and then gone after a shooter like Luther Head and a point guard like Jarret Jack and still had money left over. I get pissed every time I think of Zach F'n Randolph.
I actually find myself getting excited over this Free Agent class only to realize that we invested most of our salary cap space into acquing ZBO.

Just like I sometimes forget we used the #2 pick on Adonal Foyle.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well as a knick fan,i can guarantee yall one thing....ZBo is going to score.Not gonna do much else but he will put the ball in the hole.N for the record,I think Thabeet may become the best player in this years draft 5 yrs from now.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 AM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Why are we everyones dumping ground for salary needs?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:07 AM   #9
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
We have huge cap space and Wallace and Heisley are retards. They really should think about teaming up and creating a Saturday morning TV programme that shows their wacky adventures. Instead of having one moron and one sane person to keep things in perspective, we have two morons and no sane people. Kind of like the Chuckle Brothers.

BTW, the Chuckle Brothers is UK thing, I don't know if they made it to the states. Here's a link if anyone's interested (I doubt any of you are) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChuckleVision

This shows the kind of stuff I could see Heisley and Wallace getting up to - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blLWmEeVdPI
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #10
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
well as a knick fan,i can guarantee yall one thing....ZBo is going to score.Not gonna do much else but he will put the ball in the hole.N for the record,I think Thabeet may become the best player in this years draft 5 yrs from now.
Mayo and Gay were all the scorers we needed.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: Marion to Dallas; Grizzlies involved

#1 This Trade Ticks Me Off
#2 Who Da **** Is Jerry Stackhouse (LoL Don't Worry I Know)
#3 A Stupid Trade
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:

Because it seems Heisley can't refuse any kind of deal, good or bad. This one is nothing special, the only positive thing is that we got rid of Buckner.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

Im thinking maybe were helping out all of these other teams in these sort of trades, so that down the road they will lean more to helping us in trades.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Im thinking maybe were helping out all of these other teams in these sort of trades, so that down the road they will lean more to helping us in trades.
Yeah I think so too, they'll be more than willing to give us their bad expirers for our star players when the time comes.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Yeah I think so too, they'll be more than willing to give us their bad expirers for our star players when the time comes.
Haha I hope not
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: