Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Default Pau Gasol returns home to Spain

Quote:
Spain's top basketball player, Pau Gasol, has returned to Sant Boi de Llobregat

More than 1,000 fans turned out to welcome the top Spanish basketball player, Pau Gasol, when he returned home on Sunday. It was the first time that he had returned to Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barceolona, since he became the first Spaniard to obtain the NBA ring.

He dedicated some words to his fans from the balcony of the local Town Hall, and threw down six signed basketballs. He also told the crowd several anecdotes about his time in the United States.

The local Mayor, Jaume Bosch, said that the town would be making a giant statue of Gasol which would be unveiled at the next local fiestas in May.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_22173.shtml
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
bladefd
Good college starter

Default Re: Pau Gasol returns home to Spain

Wow, that is pretty impressive. I am really impressed. He really is somebody special in Spain - I wish Americans cared as much as those guys from other foreign countries. Very few throughout the USA (outside of LA) really cared that much that the Lakers won. ESPN covered it a little bit for couple days but then it was pretty much gone. I think NBA players (and NBA overall) are under-appreciated here in USA.
bladefd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Default Re: Pau Gasol returns home to Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Wow, that is pretty impressive. I am really impressed. He really is somebody special in Spain - I wish Americans cared as much as those guys from other foreign countries. Very few throughout the USA (outside of LA) really cared that much that the Lakers won. ESPN covered it a little bit for couple days but then it was pretty much gone. I think NBA players (and NBA overall) are under-appreciated here in USA.
Espn's too busy talking about the NFL and Brett Farve, even during its offseason.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: