Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2006, 06:05 PM   #16
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hahaha
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
The vocab words are really not things that you're taught in school. Those words are really tough and you would probably only know them if you read A LOT or you took some rediculously overpriced prep course.

Of course not...i didnt mean for it to say "the words on the SAT are given in class", but if you go into an english class in the burbs and one in the inner city. You'll see a difference in learning and whats being taught. Standards the while nine. So while you may not know what a word means you can better understand and break one down or a couple down to give yourself a better chance to choosing wisely.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #18
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Most of the public education in America sucks. All one needs to do is go to the inner city. And in the inner city you see blacks. And wallah, there you have it. I dont see a change in the public education in America at all. Why? Of course I'm generalizing here because there are always exceptions and those who dont fit under what is being said. But still, whats being taught in surburbia aka white america is different then in the urban city where most blacks tend to dwell. Why is that? Why is the curriculum different?

The learning process has more better prepared. I see it as a racial thing. Why make change? Why spend/put in the funds to better education in urban America? Phuck it, same thing happened to the levees in N.O. But I digress.

which was exactly what I was saying....
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #19
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

But seriously.... Hawker isn't slightly retarded is he? Because I really would stop laughing at him if he was.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
guess not.

that makes sense dog.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/learned
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #21
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I took it when I was in HS. I took it once after playing halo till 3 in the morning(first day I had it) I made a 1470(back when it was 2 sections) 760 Verbal, 710 Math which is odd because Im better at math. I kick ass at analogies though. :)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:09 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Dood there are tons of white country kids that suck at SATs as well.

So what? And there are tall asians too. Your point dumbass? I wish i could kick your ass offline.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:09 PM   #23
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea...Hawker is kinda dumb.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #24
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I took it when I was in HS. I took it once after playing halo till 3 in the morning(first day I had it) I made a 1470(back when it was 2 sections) 760 Verbal, 710 Math which is odd because Im better at math. I kick ass at analogies though. :)
nice... good thing you didnt take the new one though lol they removed the analogies and put in an essay.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #25
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
So what? And there are tall asians too. Your point dumbass? I wish i could kick your ass offline.

My point is that ur assertion that the SATs are "racially biased" is erroneous when there are lots of white country kids that suck too.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader

which was exactly what I was saying....

You tried but you dont wanna acknowledge its a race thing. Fine with me. Seems the other points are agreed upon.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #27
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

3 emoticons that explain my feelings towards this thread
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #28
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Of course not...i didnt mean for it to say "the words on the SAT are given in class", but if you go into an english class in the burbs and one in the inner city. You'll see a difference in learning and whats being taught. Standards the while nine. So while you may not know what a word means you can better understand and break one down or a couple down to give yourself a better chance to choosing wisely.

Than explain why grad school tests are horrible for blacks as well. Every1 takes the same classes in college. Every1 is on a pretty level playing field, well almost.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #29
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

hey do sophomores take the SAT?
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:13 PM   #30
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
I got to a pretty much all white school and not many are vocabulary learned.

and u said it should be "not much are vocabulary learned." So i guess it should be then "there arent much people." Ur the dumbass nader.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: