Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2006, 06:13 PM   #31
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
hey do sophomores take the SAT?
you can if you want to get a head start since most colleges look at your best compiled score. you can take it whenever you want. I took one for a summer school in 7th grade.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #32
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You tried but you dont wanna acknowledge its a race thing. Fine with me. Seems the other points are agreed upon.

It goes much further than just being a "race" thing Gobb

Gobb, how seriously in general do students at an urban high school in, say, Jersey City take their education for example? Their is an entire culture of disrespect and ignorance when it comes to the American education system. It goes much further than simply the "system" keepin the minorities down.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
My point is that ur assertion that the SATs are "racially biased" is erroneous when there are lots of white country kids that suck too.

Doesnt matter if you sucked taking the SAT you test tube baby. If I said asians are short...Yao Ming could say "You're wrong because I'm tall"...but generally speaking asians are in fact short people. Get it now pizza face?

ProActiv works...doedsnt work for you because you have a skin disease but it works and is a good product for those with acne. You disputing it doesnt change that fact phuckboy. Now go finger pluck yourself to sleep.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #34
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hawker, if you still think that you're right....wow
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
It goes much further than just being a "race" thing Gobb

Gobb, how seriously in general do students at an urban high school in, say, Jersey City take their education for example? Their is an entire culture of disrespect and ignorance when it comes to the American education system. It goes much further than simply the "system" keepin the minorities down.

Didnt say that....now you're going deeper with it. Other factors as well that I'm aware of and acknowledge. So yes it goes much further than race...but i wont exclude race being a factor in this either. Long list of things tho.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #36
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

im right in the grammar situation and his racial assertion doesnt make sense either.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #37
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Doesnt matter if you sucked taking the SAT you test tube baby. If I said asians are short...Yao Ming could say "You're wrong because I'm tall"...but generally speaking asians are in fact short people. Get it now pizza face?

ProActiv works...doedsnt work for you because you have a skin disease but it works and is a good product for those with acne. You disputing it doesnt change that fact phuckboy. Now go finger pluck yourself to sleep.

So generally speaking black people are dumb? Is that what u r saying?
Old 10-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #38
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
im right in the grammar situation and his racial assertion doesnt make sense either.
No, you're very wrong on the grammar and I didn't really read through the other thing.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #39
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Didnt say that....now you're going deeper with it. Other factors as well that I'm aware of and acknowledge. So yes it goes much further than race...but i wont exclude race being a factor in this either. Long list of things tho.

Duh Gobb I know... but you are still wrong by saying the SAT is racially biased when the very core and cause of the problem is the inequalities of the American public education system ITSELF.

hmmm never thought I would end up defending the SAT
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:21 PM   #40
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Thats just a matter of reading and studying vocab. I got to a pretty much all white school and not many are vocabulary learned.

If you think that's right..
Old 10-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #41
Hawker
Banned

Ya i agree with nader about the blame being put on the education. race shouldnt be a scapegoat.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #42
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

than how come when education is set equal, blacks still do worst???? If everyone gets the same education that cant be it.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #43
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
SAT is feraking lame. I didnt take it. Do u go to a decent school? If u do TAKE THE ACT!!!! it is much much easier. The ACT is easier if u go to a good HS.

That's not true at all, it's basically a regional thing. Students on the coasts take the SATs while students towards the middle of the country normally take the ACTs.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #44
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
hey do sophomores take the SAT?

You can, but mostly sophomores take the PSAT.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
than how come when education is set equal, blacks still do worst???? If everyone gets the same education that cant be it.

Ok uncle tom. :rollingeyes:
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: