Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default SAT's

Anyone else take the SAT's today? It was my second time and it didn't seem as bad as last time. I got a 1250 on the math and verbal sections last time which I didn't think was too bad but hopefully this time will be better.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SAT's are racially biased. Good results i guess, and by that i mean i came during a time where there was no new SAT test like today. So maybe that score is different if someone had it when i took it?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

how exactly are the SATs racially biased
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
how exactly are the SATs racially biased

Urban vs Suburban....and whats being taught in each area. You are more prepared. Its about as simple as it gets. Dont know of a surburban school who doesnt have enough textbooks to pass out. I know of high schools that do. Curriculums are different. Whole education process differs. Come test time one kid is lookin at a question, vocab words like while the other is familiar with it.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #5
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

SAT is feraking lame. I didnt take it. Do u go to a decent school? If u do TAKE THE ACT!!!! it is much much easier. The ACT is easier if u go to a good HS.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

im black and i love standardized testing. ITs always gives me so much money. But its prob because most blacks suck on these tests.

GOBB but even if you look at grad school tests like the MCAT and LSAT blacks do horrible compared to other races. For example only 29 blacks scored a 170 on the LSAT and thats around the median for the top 5 or 6 schools. These kids all went through undergrad so the education was pretty much equal. I dont really know why this happens but it is sad.

Last edited by Younggrease : 10-14-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Come test time one kid is lookin at a question, vocab words like while the other is familiar with it.

Thats just a matter of reading and studying vocab. I got to a pretty much all white school and not many are vocabulary learned.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Urban vs Suburban....and whats being taught in each area. You are more prepared. Its about as simple as it gets. Dont know of a surburban school who doesnt have enough textbooks to pass out. I know of high schools that do. Curriculums are different. Whole education process differs. Come test time one kid is lookin at a question, vocab words like while the other is familiar with it.

The vocab words are really not things that you're taught in school. Those words are really tough and you would probably only know them if you read A LOT or you took some rediculously overpriced prep course.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

that doesn't mean the SATs are biased.

That means public education in America for the most part is atrocious and unfair. I understand what you are trying to say, but you are placing the blame in the wrong place.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #10
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
The vocab words are really not things that you're taught in school. Those words are really tough and you would probably only know them if you read A LOT or you took some rediculously overpriced prep course.

or...you could buy a $20 preparation book like me and study the list and do fine.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:59 PM   #11
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

i went to an urban school and had no idea about prep books. No none used them or knew what they were. I still did good because i was nice in math and my dad got me into reading at a young age. But SAT prep was never thought about in my school.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
that doesn't mean the SATs are biased.

That means public education in America for the most part is atrocious and unfair. I understand what you are trying to say, but you are placing the blame in the wrong place.

Most of the public education in America sucks. All one needs to do is go to the inner city. And in the inner city you see blacks. And wallah, there you have it. I dont see a change in the public education in America at all. Why? Of course I'm generalizing here because there are always exceptions and those who dont fit under what is being said. But still, whats being taught in surburbia aka white america is different then in the urban city where most blacks tend to dwell. Why is that? Why is the curriculum different?

The learning process has more better prepared. I see it as a racial thing. Why make change? Why spend/put in the funds to better education in urban America? Phuck it, same thing happened to the levees in N.O. But I digress.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #13
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

I didnt do a prep course or read a prep book and I still did fine.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #14
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
and not many are vocabulary learned.
guess not.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:05 PM   #15
Hawker
Banned

Dood there are tons of white country kids that suck at SATs as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: