Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputation
Default Ex-Laker Trevor Ariza interview on M&H Show today (7-6-09)

- Says he doesn't know what really went on regarding negotiation. Felt like Lakers were saying he was worth MLE money. A lot of I don't knows. I mean a LOT of I don't knows from Trevor.

- Nothing he could really do with the negotations.

- Reason he chose Houston was to be closer to his son, and his family. They said he'll be getting more opportunities there to expand his game.

- Aboud David Lee, thinks that anything Mr. Gumbygld did, paraphrasing "I don't think anything he could've done would be wrong." Says he's a loyal guy.

- Says he was not in the negoations because he was not aware that there was one, from his understanding.

- Says it's tough to leave LA his home.

- Says he's not pulling a Hedon't and will indeed sign with the Rockets.

- Said every Laker player called him and wished him the best. No hard feelings against the Lakers.

- Hadn't talked to Phil. Vitti gave him a call.

Seems like he really had NO or LITTLE control of his OWN negotiation. There were a LOT of "I don't knows" on his part. Didn't even sound happy talking about signing with Houston. In fact, Myers, Hartman, and the other hosts were all talking about it and ribbing David Lee.

EDIT: Check AM570Radio.com M&H show for the Podcast Link later today (he was on around 3:40 pm)

Last edited by Jordan-esque : 07-06-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
WiltTheStilt
I brick open layups

WiltTheStilt has decent reputationWiltTheStilt has decent reputation
Default Re: Ex-Laker Trevor Ariza interview on M&H Show today (7-6-09)

David Lee the agent is a complete jerk. I read something today that said that the Lakers did start negotiations with David Lee and that he played hardball with them from the start without compromise. What a jerk. Ariza is just being diplamatic, but he got a bad deal in an environment where we will become just ordenary.
WiltTheStilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Poor Trevor....but the fact he said he had no control on things says it all

FIRE DAVID LEE!!! he has just cost you a few more rings.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I'm absolutely pissed the **** off and devastated by this fiasco and him leaving the Lakers. David Lee can go **** himself.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

His son live in Houston or LA?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
Ahab
He tasks me...

Ahab has an OK reputation so far

it hurts to lose ariza, artest is undoubtedly the better player at this point but i thought Ariza would be with us for a long time.
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltTheStilt
David Lee the agent is a complete jerk. I read something today that said that the Lakers did start negotiations with David Lee and that he played hardball with them from the start without compromise. What a jerk. Ariza is just being diplamatic, but he got a bad deal in an environment where we will become just ordenary.

I agree about Lee man.
The Lakers met with him on July 1, the first day they could meet with him.
Lakers offered MLE, not sure if it was 3 years or more.
Lee went public saying they were looking for in the neigborhood of 8.
Lee also started all the crap about being insulted, and saying that they felt the negotiations were over and did not intend to go get an offer and then come back to the Lakers for a match. He tried to play hardball with a weak hand, and Mitch called his bluff.

Mitch did exactly the right thing. He had a backup plan, maybe even a plan that he felt would make the team better. (Artest was also most likely a back up plan for Odom).

David Lee way overplayed his hand.
I love Trevor, I'm a UCLA alum, but let's face facts.
Trev is a nice player not a star.
He had a nice season for this team.
He had a great playoff run, but a few months of nice play does not a star make. There are so many examples around the NBA of guys who got fat contracts because they had nice years during a contract year.
Our roster is loaded with them, (Sasha, Luke), and their contarcts have tied our hands to some extent.

I wish Trev the best, but I think he will struggle ouside of the role he was playing here. He is not someone who can create a shot.
Artest is a far, far superior player to Trev, and he's proven it over a 10 year NBA career. The Lakers are simply going to need to reign him in a bit, that will be the challenge, but I believe we have the right chemistry to make that work.

One more thing.
Lee works for Trevor, not the other way around.
Use your head Trev.
Trev should have made it very clear to his agent that he wanted first and foremost to remain a Laker, unless that was beyond his control.
He didn't do that, so while I like Trev a ton, he also must accept some of the responsibility for this horrible, horrible mistake in his career.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #8
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I feel bad for the guy.. he loved LA.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

he can always come back after he retires and hes making alot of money he cant ask for more
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #10
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

So David Lee's plan was to only accept an offer from the Lakers (the team that gave Trevor a legit shot and made him look like a star) if it was for more money than any other team, or it will be taken as an insult and they will go take less money from another team????

Nice try, douche! You f#ck3d your client, and pissed off all Lakers fans in the same move....

Poor Trev. Good luck in Houston man...

Last edited by djwhizard : 07-08-2009 at 12:30 AM.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Good luck Ariza..Should have stay in LA but, it is what it is..
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Least Ariza has the chance to take on a bigger role in Houston. His stats could be boosted but the wins won't be there.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #13
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Least Ariza has the chance to take on a bigger role in Houston. His stats could be boosted but the wins won't be there.

I don't know if it will be a better fit for him though, Trevor is a really unselfish player who doesn't like to be in the spotlight or the top option (kind of like Lamar). There will be a lot more pressure on him in Houston... We all know he has the athletic gifts, so --- I hope he makes the most of the opportunity and it works out for him.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: