Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Shaun Livingston - how will he do this year?

Came back last year from that devastating injury.

How will he do with OKC this year?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Shaun Livingston - how will he do this year?

He never was amazing in the first place, but u never know. PLayers that come back from devastating injuries and play at a similar level usually have to change the way they play there game.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

Depends on if they move Earl Watson or not.

Last season he seemed to be playing as a combo guard getting minutes at both SG & PG from the limited couple of OKC games I watched. But with them drafting Harden, it throws one more guard into the rotation.

So if they trade Watson, he should become full time backup PG. If so, I still think he has some game left in him.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unfortunately I doubt he'll do anything in th NBA now. It's a shame because he kind of reminded me of a young Penny Hardaway, only less athletic.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

LAClipsFan33 has decent reputation

He was always all hype...coming from a Clipper fan who wishes to the lord we would have picked Devin Harris instead who went immediately after Livingston
LAClipsFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

My Answer Is In 4 Words.......Bust Of The Century
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree it has a lot to do with Watson. They seem to have decided that Westbrook is their future at the point, at the expense of benching Watson, who, in the games I saw, looked like he probably should have been the starter. (a bit like Brevin Knight fending off Felton for so long in Charlotte, only OKC decided just to go with the young fella and avoid the "battle")

Livingston is such a big kid but he and everyone who assesses him calls him a natural point. Would be nice if he could fill that combo guard role and quell Westbrook AND Durant. I never really saw the "next magic johnson/jason kidd" accolades in him when he was at the Clippers but I root for the guy. This will be a big season for him, he's healthy, he'll have the entire off-season and pre-season to prep for being a part of the Thunder. If there's going to be a breakout season, one would assume this is it.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJMayoDaFuture
My Answer Is In 4 Words.......Bust Of The Century

If you'ree talking about his injury.... oh yeah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPKIS6pB_c

Pretty hard to call a guy a bust after a devastating injury like that.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I hope he makes it back, everytime I see the vid of that I still get goosebumps.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Same as last season. Won't get any burn.
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
T-bomb 25
Local High School Star

T-bomb 25 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Unfortunately I doubt he'll do anything in th NBA now. It's a shame because he kind of reminded me of a young Penny Hardaway, only less athletic.
And way less skilled to,a much lesser version but yes.
T-bomb 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

he'll be the next Marco Jaric
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #13
unknown101
Local High School Star

unknown101 has decent reputationunknown101 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
If you'ree talking about his injury.... oh yeah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPKIS6pB_c

Pretty hard to call a guy a bust after a devastating injury like that.

Wow that was the must brutal thing Ive ever seen
unknown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #14
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

saw it live, gut wrenching. one of the clippers on the bench (Q-ross maybe) sort of exploded out of his seat basically out of horror and wanting to help shaun. gnarly gnarly injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1VLN2dlbV0
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #15
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bomb 25
And way less skilled to,a much lesser version but yes.

Of course Penny was much better, I just mean his size, passing ability and court vision reminded me of Penny.. Penny was one of my 5 or 10 favorite players when he was in his prime so I'm always excited about players somewhat similar.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: