Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #61
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

Parker is a solid player not the big splash that Artest or Ariza would have been but he can play and is an upgrade over Sasha and Wally. Cavs if they don't do another trade of some sort will probably still get one more player probably a PF like Frye ? If that is how things play out One of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NBA still got better quietly.
Kingwillball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #62
CosaNostra
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CosaNostra has an OK reputation so far

nice signing for the Cavs... they now have the big guard they lacked last year... Parker will give them some defense off the bench. Delonte is a good defensive player but he can't body up against players like Parker can. Damn, all the power teams just keep reloading.
CosaNostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:29 AM   #63
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

Like others have said, this is just a solid pick up.

The Cavs are basically filling out their roster.

From here the Cavs could be a much better team, as oppossed to last year, if they gel and build chemistry together.

I think Ferry and management are paranoid about making moves during the season. As we saw 2 Trade deadlines ago, they made the big deal for West/Wallace/Smith/Wally and they had just a few months to getl before playoff time, and they did good together, but they could have been better in those Playoffs.

I like how the FO have made their big moves during the Off-Season allowing the coaching staff and players to adjust.

It will be interesting if the Mike Brown actually implements anything new. I know it would be ground breaking, especially if the did it on the offensive end.

I definitely love Parker over Wally and Pavlovic.

If Z and Parker can produce from the bench, and the Cavs can get one more off the bench to contribute, whether a young guy produces, or they sign another player, they will have one hell of a lineup.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:41 AM   #64
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
Like others have said, this is just a solid pick up.

The Cavs are basically filling out their roster.

From here the Cavs could be a much better team, as oppossed to last year, if they gel and build chemistry together.

I think Ferry and management are paranoid about making moves during the season. As we saw 2 Trade deadlines ago, they made the big deal for West/Wallace/Smith/Wally and they had just a few months to getl before playoff time, and they did good together, but they could have been better in those Playoffs.

I like how the FO have made their big moves during the Off-Season allowing the coaching staff and players to adjust.

It will be interesting if the Mike Brown actually implements anything new. I know it would be ground breaking, especially if the did it on the offensive end.

I definitely love Parker over Wally and Pavlovic.

If Z and Parker can produce from the bench, and the Cavs can get one more off the bench to contribute, whether a young guy produces, or they sign another player, they will have one hell of a lineup.

I think Z will be solid off the bench at least offensively. He'll probably manage somewhere around 18-20MPG I'm guessing. He'll be fresh. I think Hickson is the key though if he's going to end up being our backup PF. He's has to have a solid sophomore season. He showed he can be bone-headed in the game with mistakes (Odom-esque), but he was solid for what playing time he got...

11.4 MPG
52% FG%
67% FT%
2.7 APG
.48 BPG
4.0 PPG

...I'm guessing this season he'll improve upon these numbers.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #65
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
This is the only thing i think of when i hear the name Anthony Parker

Anthony Parker: Game-Tying 3pter at the buzzer against Washington

Vintage Parker right there. Hits a huge shot, gets a little happy, strolls back to the bench, gives a couple of high 5's and gets ready for OT.

He did that for the Raptors a lot. Whenever they needed to break a dry spell, or needed a big shot, or had to break another team's run, Parker was a guy that you always felt comfortable giving the ball to. He didn't always hit them, but you never felt like it was a waste of a possession. He's just a guy who knows when to step up and knows when to stay in the background.

It's good to see him getting some love on this board. Cleveland fans are going to appreciate what he brings to the table. Perfect compliment to a team making a championship run at a great price.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #66
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

shoulda signed his sister instead
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #67
darius15
High School JV MVP

darius15 has decent reputationdarius15 has decent reputation

I haven't see too much of him, so do you guys know if he can defend the pick and roll well? If he can, that solves a big problem for Cleveland.
darius15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #68
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Delonte West would no longer play more than 42 mpg in the playoffs because Parker is a good backup SG.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: