Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Why the Bulls never draft a SG.

Since MJ retired from the Bulls, they haven't drafted a SG that panned out. Besides Ben Gordon who was undersize and only played offense, and Jamal Crawford who was streaky and can really light it their hasn't been anybody decent at the SG spot. John Salmons probably will leave next season as a free agent and D-Wade will probably stay in Miami seeing that they can give him the most money and that the salary cap will be $10 million lower than it was expected to be. When will the Bulls get a SG. Their will never be a another Michael Jordan, but the Bulls can at least try to get a SG with size, can score, defend, and make his teammates better whether he can put up 20pts or 15pts.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Why the Bulls never draft a SG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Since MJ retired from the Bulls, they haven't drafted a SG that panned out. Besides Ben Gordon who was undersize and only played offense, and Jamal Crawford who was streaky and can really light it their hasn't been anybody decent at the SG spot. John Salmons probably will leave next season as a free agent and D-Wade will probably stay in Miami seeing that they can give him the most money and that the salary cap will be $10 million lower than it was expected to be. When will the Bulls get a SG. Their will never be a another Michael Jordan, but the Bulls can at least try to get a SG with size, can score, defend, and make his teammates better whether he can put up 20pts or 15pts.

The bottom line is that SG is a tough position to find a superstar. can you name 5 guys that are legit stars at SG besides Wade and Kobe? They just need to focus on a SG that plays D and can hit 3's now that they have Rose.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
The bottom line is that SG is a tough position to find a superstar. can you name 5 guys that are legit stars at SG besides Wade and Kobe? They just need to focus on a SG that plays D and can hit 3's now that they have Rose.

Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Manu Ginobili
Ray Allen
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson

Its a tough position but its not hard. The bulls are just mismanaged and dont know what players to find for whatever system we have. Yeah the type of SG we need you named and can we make sure he is at least 6'4- 6'7.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Brandon Roy would be great, Joe Johnson would be good as well.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Manu Ginobili
Ray Allen
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson

Its a tough position but its not hard. The bulls are just mismanaged and dont know what players to find for whatever system we have. Yeah the type of SG we need you named and can we make sure he is at least 6'4- 6'7.

not to nit pick here, but Vince Carter and Ginobili are not superstars and McGrady is a SF... it's just a tough position to fill... Kobe, Wade, Roy are the only real impact SGs in the league right now.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
casual_observer
I airball my layups

casual_observer has an OK reputation so far

Not to go on a tangent, but if Roy is good and Portland also has Aldridge, Oden and Pryz and couple other scoring options how come they still lost. And if Houston is/was so good with Yao could they have given Lakers a run for their money. I guess it does not matter since Yao is mostly likely never going to be the same.
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
casual_observer
I airball my layups

casual_observer has an OK reputation so far

getting back to the original topic what do you guys think is more critical for a SG:

a) be able to hit the mid range jumper and ability to break defenses down and do a layup/pass to the open person

or

b) ability to hit the 3 pointer

Of the list Ray Allen is probably the pure best shooter but somewhat one-dimensional. He is not a Reggies Miller and can take it to the hoop on occasion.
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual_observer
Not to go on a tangent, but if Roy is good and Portland also has Aldridge, Oden and Pryz and couple other scoring options how come they still lost. And if Houston is/was so good with Yao could they have given Lakers a run for their money. I guess it does not matter since Yao is mostly likely never going to be the same.

Roy is 24 years old... I think you're being a little unreasonable to expect a team of 22,23,24 year olds to go deep in the playoffs... Roy WILL eventually take that team to a title.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual_observer
getting back to the original topic what do you guys think is more critical for a SG:

a) be able to hit the mid range jumper and ability to break defenses down and do a layup/pass to the open person

or

b) ability to hit the 3 pointer

Of the list Ray Allen is probably the pure best shooter but somewhat one-dimensional. He is not a Reggies Miller and can take it to the hoop on occasion.

I can agree with what your saying. I would actually like a point-forward type like Brandon Roy who can play the 1,2,3. I was kind of disppointed that the Bulls didn't get Terrence Williams. I actually heard that the Bulls was trying to trade up and get him.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually believe shooting guard is the easiest to find. the requirements are being able to shoot the 3 and playing good perimeter defense. it's the finding one that fits your offense that's hard.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I actually believe shooting guard is the easiest to find. the requirements are being able to shoot the 3 and playing good perimeter defense. it's the finding one that fits your offense that's hard.

I can also agree on that.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Not saying he's gonna be a Superstar but in this past draft we should have picked up Wayne Ellington with our second pick. He has size and is a really good shooter with his size extending out to the 3 point line. he is also a better defender and more athletic than he is givin credit for. But i think we're good with Salmons at the 2. We'll see if he stays with us after his contract is up. In 2010 i think we'll make a run at Wade but it may be too hard to pry him away from Miami even tho i believe we'll be more serious contenders than them. If not Wade i really like Joe Johnson and i like him in our system. I think hed welcome a move to Chicago to play with D Rose and Co. instead of staying in Atlanta
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

Here are some SG's-swingman that will probably enter the draft next season. I've seen most of them play and out of that list I like Evan Turner and Manny Harris.

Patrick Christopher- Cal
Willie Warren- Oklahoma
Manny Harris-Michigan
Evan Turner-Ohio State
Xavier Henry-Kansas
James Anderson-Oklahoma State
Marcus Ginyard-UNC
Dwight Lewis-USC
JP Prince-Tennesse
Paul George-Frenso St.
Lazer Hayward-Marquette
Roderick Flemings-Hawaii

Sleepers

Jordan Crawford-Xavier
Lance Stephenson-Cincy
Reggie Redding-Villanova
Scotty Hopson- University of Tennessee
William Buford-Ohio State
Jordan Hamilton- Texas
Malcolm Lee- UCLA

Last edited by idizzle : 08-24-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope we can try and resign Salmons if we can get another 2-3 years out of him. Especially if we cant land a guy like Joe Johnson. Draft wise, I like James Andersen a lot from Okl. ST.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think a guy like Michael Redd would do some good damage on a Bulls team next to Rose & Deng. They realistically have the pieces to make a trade for both Boozer & Redd... giving up almost nothing... but it looks like they are still holding out on this 2010 plan. .

I think this roster would be a 4th seed:
PG: Rose / Pargo
SG: Redd / Salmons
SF: Deng / Salmons /Johnson
PF: Boozer / Gibson
C:: Noah / Gray

That's a pretty good mix of offense & defense in both the starting & bench
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: