Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why the Bulls never draft a SG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
not to nit pick here, but Vince Carter and Ginobili are not superstars and McGrady is a SF... it's just a tough position to fill... Kobe, Wade, Roy are the only real impact SGs in the league right now.

It's hard to find "superstars" in EVERY POSITION, but it's easier to find a decent player for SG. I think that is the point of the original thread and NOT that they have picked a superstar SG but why they didn't get a decent at best 2-way player at 2-guard spot. If you change your point to name a superstar center position in the league? And the answer will be...? Shaq, Howard and who else? Same with superstar pt guard, you have cp3, Nash, Parker and who else?...
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I think a guy like Michael Redd would do some good damage on a Bulls team next to Rose & Deng. They realistically have the pieces to make a trade for both Boozer & Redd... giving up almost nothing... but it looks like they are still holding out on this 2010 plan. .

I think this roster would be a 4th seed:
PG: Rose / Pargo
SG: Redd / Salmons
SF: Deng / Salmons /Johnson
PF: Boozer / Gibson
C:: Noah / Gray

That's a pretty good mix of offense & defense in both the starting & bench

Then the Bulls will have a REDD ROSE IN THE BACKCOURT? While you have a BOOZER frying a GRAY SALMON? DENG!!!
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #18
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Then the Bulls will have a REDD ROSE IN THE BACKCOURT? While you have a BOOZER frying a GRAY SALMON? DENG!!!

Lmao Redd Rose. I like it!
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Repped.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
Kjeldar
Decent playground baller

Kjeldar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

repped again
Kjeldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Some guys I was reading about that you should look out for next season

J.P. Prince 6'6-6'7 PG/SG/SF -Tennessee
Dominique Jones 6'4-6'5 PG/SG- South Florida
Terrico White- 6'4-6'5 PG/SG -Ole Miss

I was just reading this article that Evan Turner will be playing PG this season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/.../ohio...er-point-guard

Did y'all know Evan Turner was from Chicago.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #22
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Durrell Summers-Michigan State 6'4-6'5 SG
Jimmy Butler-Marquette 6-6 G-F
Iman Shumpert- Georgia Tech 6'4-6'5 PG-SG

Thats about most of the guards that I have seen play or read about.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #23
idizzle
Good college starter

Thes guys have been playing some good ball lately.

Manny Harris-Michigan
Evan Turner-Ohio State
Xavier Henry-Kansas
James Anderson-Oklahoma State
JP Prince-Tennesse
Jordan Crawford-Xavier
Lance Stephenson-Cincy
Scotty Hopson- University of Tennessee

Out of all of them I would like to see Evan Turner or Xavier Henry rocking the red and black next year.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #24
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Thes guys have been playing some good ball lately.

Manny Harris-Michigan
Evan Turner-Ohio State
Xavier Henry-Kansas
James Anderson-Oklahoma State
JP Prince-Tennesse
Jordan Crawford-Xavier
Lance Stephenson-Cincy
Scotty Hopson- University of Tennessee

Out of all of them I would like to see Evan Turner or Xavier Henry rocking the red and black next year.

I wish I had more time to watch some college games this year. The Bulls have to draft an SG or combo guard this time around. I hope the scouts and GarPax are doing their homework.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #25
Bigdiesel
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bigdiesel has an OK reputation so far

Deng and Salmons are really not worth relishing over as a tandem, they are to inconsistent and athletically poor. I don't anyone can see them as viable 1 and 2 options to Rose. When obvious that rose games in evolved enough to be the scoring option. Deng and Salmons must go if we will ever make a playoff run.
Bigdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #26
idizzle
Good college starter

Terrico White of Ole Miss has really been impressing lately too. He's can of a mix of D-Wade or B-Roy.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:18 AM   #27
idizzle
Good college starter

Elliot Williams from Memphis is a beast. He can score, pass, and if your not careful you might be in poster. He's 6'4-6'5.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #28
idizzle
Good college starter

I honestly believe the SG position is cursed, jinxed however you want to put it. Since MJ lefted the Bulls the SG position has been crap with the exception of (BG7 who was a underszie SG) and (Jamal Crawford a chucking machine). Then this year's draft had a nice bunch of SG's, James Anderson, Paul George, Dominique Jones, Lance Stephenson, Elliot Williams, Xavier Henry, Terrico White, Darrington Hobson, Manny Harris, Sylven Landesberg, and Ryan Thompson. They could have drafted one of these guards or signed one as undrafted free agent, but no the Bulls traded away the pick to try build up more money to sign Lebitch James and he went to Miami. Even Derrick Rose said in a article that he didnt want Lebitch James. Honestly, I know their will never be another MJ but can the Bulls try to draft a decent SG?

Last edited by idizzle : 07-30-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #29
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I honestly believe the SG position is cursed, jinxed however you want to put it. Since MJ lefted the Bulls the SG position has been crap with the exception of (BG7 who was a underszie SG) and (Jamal Crawford a chucking machine). Then this year's draft had a nice bunch of SG's, James Anderson, Paul George, Dominique Jones, Lance Stephenson, Elliot Williams, Xavier Henry, Terrico White, Darrington Hobson, Manny Harris, Sylven Landesberg, and Ryan Thompson. They could have drafted one of these guards or signed one as undrafted free agent, but no the Bulls traded away the pick to try build up more money to sign Lebitch James and he went to Miami. Even Derrick Rose said in a article that he didnt want Lebitch James. Honestly, I know their will never be another MJ but can the Bulls try to draft a decent SG?

On the bright side Manny still hasn't been signed
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #30
sanders2021
I hit open layups

sanders2021 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Anderson would've been nice to have on this current team we have right now, but without trading the pick (and Kirk) we wouldn't have this current team. I think the trade needed to be made and the team has definitely improved after shedding Hinrich's contract.

We would've been stuck with Kirk (who was superfluous and not at all a viable answer at SG) and not able to pick up anything near the quality we got this offseason.

That said, Ronnie Brewer has a decent shot at being at least a semi-long term answer at SG for this team, but I think you're correct in asserting that we need to acquire a traditional scoring 2 guard sometime soon.
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: