Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Baller_Ctrain
I airball my layups

Default Rubio scenario...

Ok there a 99% probability that this won't happen... But imagine if we made the playoff's and then David got a reverse charges call from Spain... "El'hello El'David... Its el'Ricky... Your el'winning so now I'm wanting to el'playo" ... Would you want him in or tell him to take a hike? ...its just a hypothetical... And I don't mean to insult any spanish ppl here with my mock of the language :-)
Baller_Ctrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
twolvesfan
Banned

Default Re: Rubio scenario...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller_Ctrain
Ok there a 99% probability that this won't happen... But imagine if we made the playoff's and then David got a reverse charges call from Spain... "El'hello El'David... Its el'Ricky... Your el'winning so now I'm wanting to el'playo" ... Would you want him in or tell him to take a hike? ...its just a hypothetical... And I don't mean to insult any spanish ppl here with my mock of the language :-)
if we get to play offs and rubio wants to come over, **** him. we would be getting to the play offs with jonny as our starter and there would be no reason to start over for a complete unknown. if this scenario happened i would trade rubio in a second without hesitating. BTW your spanish needs work
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Baller_Ctrain
I airball my layups

My thoughts exactly... Except I pay for him to come over and watch form courtside of what could've been and also slap a kick me sticker on his back! Lol... Chump!
Baller_Ctrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Ricky Rubio's NBA Pre Draft Measurement

6'3 3/4" (Without Shoes)
6'5" (in Shoes)
6'7 3/4" ( Wingspan)

http://newsok.com/nba-notebook/article/3379655
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Ricky Rubio's NBA Pre Draft Measurement

6'3 3/4" (Without Shoes)
6'5" (in Shoes)
6'7 3/4" ( Wingspan)

http://newsok.com/nba-notebook/article/3379655
ummmm sweet?
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:42 AM   #6
la bomba
Local High School Star

I don't know why you are having a go at Ricky,it's not the guy's fault he can come to the NBA,that was what he wanted,but the NBA rules does not allow a team to pay more than 500,000 dollars for a player in cash considerations.If Minnesota want him they have to pay 6.5 million dollars that is his contract and minnesota knew that when they selected him.If any european team want him they have to negotiate that clause at the moment teams are offering about 4 million dollars and being rejected,why would an nba team come and only offer half a million and expect to take him.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
twolvesfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I don't know why you are having a go at Ricky,it's not the guy's fault he can come to the NBA,that was what he wanted,but the NBA rules does not allow a team to pay more than 500,000 dollars for a player in cash considerations.If Minnesota want him they have to pay 6.5 million dollars that is his contract and minnesota knew that when they selected him.If any european team want him they have to negotiate that clause at the moment teams are offering about 4 million dollars and being rejected,why would an nba team come and only offer half a million and expect to take him.

yes that is the whole issue. i cant say how many times ive seen people say that rubio wont come here because he doesnt want to play here. he has been quoted as saying that he is fine playing here. The whole issue is that DKV looks like they wont negotiate a lower buyout at all the the best offer Minnesota could come up with wasnt even close to what the other european teams have offered. Ricky has even taken it upon himself to look for endorsement deals in minnesota
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
yes that is the whole issue. i cant say how many times ive seen people say that rubio wont come here because he doesnt want to play here. he has been quoted as saying that he is fine playing here. The whole issue is that DKV looks like they wont negotiate a lower buyout at all the the best offer Minnesota could come up with wasnt even close to what the other european teams have offered. Ricky has even taken it upon himself to look for endorsement deals in minnesota
Barcelona will sign him,and the contract will have a decent buyout clause after 2 years, so you will get him then, at still 20 and a much better player.
Other barcelona players that have gone to the NBA? Pau Gasol,Marc Gasol,Navarro(though he is back,Great!),Varejao,Elson,Ilyasova back to bucks and David Anderson gone to rockets this year.So they have a history of facilitating players.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: