Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-14-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Gimme a hand here guys

Well I decided to finally do one of these thread, because everyone else is. It was a preranked draft, and I'm not extremely happy with it, considering it's only a ten team league. So here it is.

PG - Mike Bibby
PG - Mike James
SG - Ray Allen
SG - Jason Richardson
G - Corey Magette
SF - Peja Stoikovic
SF - Andres Nocioni
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
PF - Andray Blatche
F - Luol Deng
C - Dan Gadzuric (starting now in place of Bogut)
C - Kwame Brown
Util - Cuttino Mobley
Util - Speedy Claxton
Bn - Earl Watson
Bn - Kenny Thomas
Bn - Jamaal Tinsley
Bn - Fransisco Elson
Bn - Quentin Rishardson

My moves so far have been the following.

- Drop Foyle for Elson (not sure about this one)
- Drop Atkins for Tinsley
- Drop Haywood for Gadzuric
- Drop Lafrentz for Kwame Brown
- Drop Fred Jones for Blatche (I'm a Wizards homer, and he's looked impressive in the preseason)

Thoughts anyone. I need a lot of help here.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

u have a lot of ****ing people on a team.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #3
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Well I decided to finally do one of these thread, because everyone else is. It was a preranked draft, and I'm not extremely happy with it, considering it's only a ten team league. So here it is.

PG - Mike Bibby
PG - Mike James
SG - Ray Allen
SG - Jason Richardson
G - Corey Magette
SF - Peja Stoikovic
SF - Andres Nocioni
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
PF - Andray Blatche
F - Luol Deng
C - Dan Gadzuric (starting now in place of Bogut)
C - Kwame Brown
Util - Cuttino Mobley
Util - Speedy Claxton
Bn - Earl Watson
Bn - Kenny Thomas
Bn - Jamaal Tinsley
Bn - Fransisco Elson
Bn - Quentin Rishardson

My moves so far have been the following.

- Drop Foyle for Elson (not sure about this one)
- Drop Atkins for Tinsley
- Drop Haywood for Gadzuric
- Drop Lafrentz for Kwame Brown
- Drop Fred Jones for Blatche (I'm a Wizards homer, and he's looked impressive in the preseason)

Thoughts anyone. I need a lot of help here.
It's hard to gauge how well a team is when it's that big. However, I approve of you drop/adds except for the Blatche move. Fred Jones for sixth man of the year. That's a bit of exaggeration, but I think he'll be better than Blatche.
I think Elson will surprise. I thought Butler would eventually start but Elson is supposedly playing very well in the preseason.
Keep a watchful eye for someone to replace Gadzuric when Bogut is closer to returning.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm debating whether or not I should go after rebounding, or just kind of throw the category. I need either steals or blocks as well, preferably steals.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

BTW, who's expected to start, Nocioni or Deng?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #6
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
BTW, who's expected to start, Nocioni or Deng?
I would think Nocioni after his fantastic close to the season, but I've actually heard that Skiles is considering starting Nocioni at PF and Deng at SF with PJ Brown coming off of the bench.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
I'm debating whether or not I should go after rebounding, or just kind of throw the category. I need either steals or blocks as well, preferably steals.
You might consider trying to trade Maggette for a rebounder.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

I'm thinking about getting rid of JRich. Might try to get Kaman and Ford in some type of a deal. I'm working on it now.

Would JRich and Maggette be a good deal for me (getting Kaman and Ford for them)?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #9
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Would JRich and Maggette be a good deal for me (getting Kaman and Ford for them)?
Based on last year's performances, I think you'd be getting ripped off. If you are buying into the anticipated improvements in Ford's and Kaman's stats, then maybe not.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Yeah, I proposed him JRich and Kenny Thomas for Kaman and Ford.

Btw, I know you are a bit of a JR Smith hater Sobe. Have you seen his statline for tonight's game? I know it's preseason, but 4 three's and 18 points. Not too bad.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah, I proposed him JRich and Kenny Thomas for Kaman and Ford.

Btw, I know you are a bit of a JR Smith hater Sobe. Have you seen his statline for tonight's game? I know it's preseason, but 4 three's and 18 points. Not too bad.
I saw it, but I think you'll notice that Anthony Roberson scored 28 and Linus Kleiza scored 18 because it's the preseason. It's a good sign and I'll take that into account come draft day, but I'm not going to use a top 120 pick on him.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #12
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
I saw it, but I think you'll notice that Anthony Roberson scored 28 and Linus Kleiza scored 18 because it's the preseason. It's a good sign and I'll take that into account come draft day, but I'm not going to use a top 120 pick on him.

Haha, yeah I agree. Guys like Kevin Martin and a few others are better and safer choices.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #13
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Haha, yeah I agree. Guys like Kevin Martin and a few others are better and safer choices.
Kyle Korver is even a safer choice.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #14
kamau
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kamau has an OK reputation so far

Dead Weight
-Deng (Nocioni is gonna take the bulk of the minutes here)
-Foyle (I wouldn't pick him up from his moms house)
-Gadzuric (he's gonna lose his spot once Bogut comes back)
-Quentin Richardson (he doens't fit in with NYK system....whatever that is)

Look For...
-Brandon Roy
-Carlos Boozer
-Danny Granger or Al Harrington
-Tyson Chandler
kamau is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: