Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default marcin gortat...

is he worth the 5 yr contract? i thought that i must be missing out on something since Dallas went after him pretty quick.

will he get more PT and/or a better role? i saw where he was disappointed that he got re-signed(why i don't know) but he should at least get the minutes that Battie was playing, right?

tell him about this guy.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation
Default Re: marcin gortat...

We're actually still a pretty damn good team when Gortat starts. He's good at taking charges, he blocks shots, he grabs rebounds. He does all the things every center should be able to do. I definitely think he could start somewhere.

But really, I think we have other plans in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if Gortat is dealt before the trade deadline.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman

But really, I think we have other plans in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if Gortat is dealt before the trade deadline.

i wondered that also. u think they could have signed him in hopes of trading him off, possibly to DAL who originally wanted him?

now do u think he would have had a bigger role if he were on the Mavs instead?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i wondered that also. u think they could have signed him in hopes of trading him off, possibly to DAL who originally wanted him?

I definitely think he could play a bigger role on the Mavs. That Game 6 in the first round against Philly he did a great job playing center for us and I think it was that game that really proved that Gortat is a quality center.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot

He probably would have started for the Mavs if he went there. I doubt he will be moved this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him till at least next off-season. He was upset because he won't get many minutes with the Magic as he and Dwight can't play very well together.

And yes, he is worth the contract.
Quote:
Gortat might be one of the most underrated players in the NBA. That tells you how good a player he is that they’re gonna pay him that type of money to sit on the bench. I watched him play a few times but to get to watch him every day game during the playoffs; I think he’s one of the ten best centers in the NBA.
Quote from Charles Barkley.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh99
He probably would have started for the Mavs if he went there. I doubt he will be moved this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him till at least next off-season. He was upset because he won't get many minutes with the Magic as he and Dwight can't play very well together.

Depth is almost always important for a good playoff run and I'm glad our team has plenty of it!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh99

good quote and that pretty much answers any questions that i had.

i also just found out he's called the Polish Hammer. cool.

Last edited by jbot : 08-29-2009 at 09:11 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: