Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 07-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default John Wall

Do you think by the end of next season his draft status will be similar to Griffins? I'm talking about being the obvious #1 choice and the lottery is just a competition to get him. Someone could step up and be another contender for the #1 pick, if anyone I'd say Ed Davis, Cole Aldrich and mabye Donatas Motiejunas (I don't know a lot about him but a lot if posters are very high on him).
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: John Wall

If the draft were today I would take Monroe over him without a doubt. Aldrich and Davis won't compete for the #1 spot and I know little about the foreign guy.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I highly doubt he will seperate himself from the rest of the pack like Griffiin did. Mainly because next year's crop, overall, looks a hell of a lot better. This year was rather weak and some teams made some serious head scratches after the lottery.

Wall will have to completely dominate to be next year's Blake Griffin. The class for next year is too strong for him to do it though.

Like Posterize said, I would take Monroe over him right now. I would've given, taking Monroe over Griffin, some serious thought aswell. Monroe is just too talented and too special to pass up on.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
If the draft were today I would take Monroe over him without a doubt. Aldrich and Davis won't compete for the #1 spot and I know little about the foreign guy.
Damn I totaly forgot Monroe. I was looking at nbadraft.net's draft and they had him all the way down at like 13, whats up with that?
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I don't think he is going to be the first overall pick but I think he will be the first PG taken in the draft next year. He will no doubt be a top five pick next year.

Its early but I see the Knicks getting this dude next year.

Does anyone know if he can play the 2?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

i see him playing the 2 eventually and yes he will be the #1 overall pick hands down! wow! im surprised to see all the love greg monroe is getting... where was all this love half a year ago?? yeah im a big monroe fan but im sorry john wall is just that sick! wall will be one of the best players in the nba in 5 years.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
i see him playing the 2 eventually and yes he will be the #1 overall pick hands down! wow! im surprised to see all the love greg monroe is getting... where was all this love half a year ago?? yeah im a big monroe fan but im sorry john wall is just that sick! wall will be one of the best players in the nba in 5 years.
Monroe is loved by quite a few people around here. Half a year ago, you would see Monroe in the top 5 on mock drafts around ISH.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There was a ton of Monroe love around last year too. I know I was on the possible Monroe over Griffin bandwagon, and so was Wang too I believe.

I too have noticed how far he's slipped this offseason. I'd love to know what he could have done to fall that far during a span where there isn't a ton going on.

The unknown about Montaujenas could move him up. I would say Favors would have a better chance to move up than any of the older guys just because he's so physically gifted. He's going to measure really well in all the physical categories. If he plays even reasonably well he'll be given the nod as having huge upside. Davis on the other hand is really talented, but somewhat limited athletically, and a bit by his height.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Brandon Jennings was considered to be a top 2 pick before the season started last year. It was between him and Rubio.. Right now, I'd say Monroe, but I'm dubious of putting high school kids no matter how good at the #1 spot, especially guards.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

He will be one-and-done I think he can be the #1 overall pick in the '10 draft. Calipari coached both Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans and look at them. Derrick Rose even led his team into the playoffs and almost beat the Celtics.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AR1LUxhZo
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #12
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

i loooove monroe but wall is already head and shoulders above the pack already...

mark my words he is without question the #1 overall pick right and now and will be in next years draft, and im not basing this off of stupid youtube highlights, the kids the real deal!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #13
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Still isn't head and shoulders ahead- moteijunas is the best foreign prospect in recent history- the guy is 7 foot tall and extremely talented- would have been the 2nd pick of the 09 draft and will go very high in the 2010 draft- I'm not sure wich teams would but some would for sure go moteijunas over wall if they like their pg
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

For some reason I want to see play for either the Knicks or Nets.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
For some reason I want to see play for either the Knicks or Nets.
so do i but it won't happen, jazz have the knicks draft pick.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: