Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
djones15
I airball my layups

Default High School vs AAU

there is alot of discusion that alot of high school players prefer aau more than their high school teams.i personally perfer aau because my high school coach is lazy wat is yalll take on this?
djones15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: High School vs AAU

DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
djones15
I airball my layups

high school just cant seem to get u the exposure aau can i mean we can get ranked in everythin through aau tournaments
Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

depends how legit your aau team is. some aau teams dont even practice or anything and just go out and play, which is retarded. But if you are on a very good tenured aau team then im sure its worth it. depends on your situation.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
djones15
I airball my layups

i played a little while with the nike louisiana select it was fun scouts were everywhere around us but high school coaches just cant see we can get more outta aau den high school
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

If your a top 250 player in the nation, then obviously AAU is gonna be more enjoyable for you.
Better competition, travel, scouts coming to watch you play.

However, for just the novice player like 90% of us are, then HS ball is the way to go.
If your on an AAU team, your team either sucks balls and there is no scouts watching you play, or your stuck on a top team and get no playing time.

If your trying to get recruited though, make sure you get on an AAU team.
If you respect your coach he'll get you on a community college, D3, NAIA team afterwards depending on how good you are
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 AM   #7
Looptroop
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
If your a top 250 player in the nation, then obviously AAU is gonna be more enjoyable for you.
Better competition, travel, scouts coming to watch you play.

However, for just the novice player like 90% of us are, then HS ball is the way to go.
If your on an AAU team, your team either sucks balls and there is no scouts watching you play, or your stuck on a top team and get no playing time.

Haha, top 250? Are you serious? Think about how many guys get scholarships every year to division 1 schools alone. As a guy who plays AAU (****, I even have a tournament tonight at Cal-State Dominguez Hills tonight, the Adidas Three Stripes), I can tell you everybody through NAIA is a serious player. I've seen D2 guys thrown down windmills with ease.

More on topic, I love my AAU coach, as he actually knows my game and knows me as a person. True, a lot of "teams" barely qualify as such, but if you 're in a good AAU program it can make a world of difference as far as ability and exposure.
Looptroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
MannyO
Super Cool E

Is it possible to be recruited only through high school?
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
FIXED
PleezeBelieve Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looptroop
Haha, top 250? Are you serious? Think about how many guys get scholarships every year to division 1 schools alone. As a guy who plays AAU (****, I even have a tournament tonight at Cal-State Dominguez Hills tonight, the Adidas Three Stripes), I can tell you everybody through NAIA is a serious player. I've seen D2 guys thrown down windmills with ease. More on topic, I love my AAU coach, as he actually knows my game and knows me as a person. True, a lot of "teams" barely qualify as such, but if you 're in a good AAU program it can make a world of difference as far as ability and exposure.

In the words of lilojmayo:

Yeah i agree 100%. From D3, NAIA, D2, D1 you have to be able to play Community College not necessarily. A lot of club basketball teams from the big D-1 schools like UCLA could beat many CC, D3, NAIA, and bottom feeders D-2 schools.

This isn't the perfect example but A-Rob is playing at Findlay next year. They won the Division 2 National Championship this year. Just how good was Findlay this year. They were undefeated. And in their scrimmage against Xavier they lost by 3 points 79-76. A-Rob at 6'2 throws down windmills easily, an explosive athlete. He could have been a mid major D1 player, but choose to go to a power house D2 school. One to argue that the very best Division 2 schools are better than most mid major Division one programs.

obvious were and still are major flaws in his game he could never really dominate a game at all even though he was top 3 in scoring in his leaguee, was a chucker shot 44% in HS that can't be a good thing, very inconsistent shot, couldn't get his teammates involved, and for how athletic he is should have been average more than 5 rebounds a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2irs3s-3E4 3:02 very kobe like play though.

Last edited by FIXED : 07-13-2009 at 12:39 PM.
FIXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #10
djones15
I airball my layups

its hard to get alot of exposure in high school
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #11
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones15
its hard to get alot of exposure in high school

yea I think so especially in a suburban school. So can you guys give me information on AAU (tryouts, traveling, cost, etc.)
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: