Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Taxi driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
mean streets is so underrated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vw8t4O9JQM
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bad religion
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubiliusF
Watching this movie as i type. wow never thought de niro is such a good actor.

Where the **** have you been the last 40 years?
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Where the **** have you been the last 40 years?
i havent seen it either.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One of the best characters ever, Travis Bickle.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDTrey5
i havent seen it either.

Yet you probably know its most famous quote from the movie.

" You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the **** do you think you're talking to?"
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #22
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

" You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the **** do you think you're talking to?"
yea i probably heard it.
guess i gotta watch the movie even if its old
Old 08-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #23
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yea i probably heard it.
guess i gotta watch the movie even if its old
Old movies are gold. Hollywood sucks now.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
i havent seen it either.

That remark wasn't to the fact that he hasn't seen the movie but to the "never thought De Niro was such a good actor" comment. There is a shit load of films you could have seen through the 70s to the 90s to know De Niro is a brilliant actor.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #25
NuYorkKnicks
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NuYorkKnicks has an OK reputation so far

One of the best movies I've seen, perfect classic from a perfect actor all time great!
NuYorkKnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #26
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

That was an ad-lib by Deniro. The script just said, "Travis talks to himself in the mirror."
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #27
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

I'm pretty sure that Mean Streets invented the word Mook.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #28
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
That remark wasn't to the fact that he hasn't seen the movie but to the "never thought De Niro was such a good actor" comment. There is a shit load of films you could have seen through the 70s to the 90s to know De Niro is a brilliant actor.

Depends which ones you've seen, mate. Goodfellas and Casoni for instance are great movies but ol' Bobby's roles werent exactly showcases of range and depth. They were pretty straight forward mate, someone that aint familiar with him wouldnt necessarily walk away in awe of the acting in those films. The parts just werent written to be challenging. Taxi Driver on the other hand is a good showcase.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #29
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
Depends which ones you've seen, mate. Goodfellas and Casoni for instance are great movies but ol' Bobby's roles werent exactly showcases of range and depth. They were pretty straight forward mate, someone that aint familiar with him wouldnt necessarily walk away in awe of the acting in those films. The parts just werent written to be challenging. Taxi Driver on the other hand is a good showcase.

That's nonsense. All you have to see is Mean Streets, Godfather: Part II, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, The Deer Hunter, Once Upon a Time in America (uncut version), The King of Comedy etc (all of which take place pre 90s) to know he's a brilliant actor.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #30
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: