Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #16
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Our Young Guys In Summer League

Yeah I went ahead and paid the fifteen dollars to watch the games. I am a basketball junkie and I had to watch some games.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #17
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah I went ahead and paid the fifteen dollars to watch the games. I am a basketball junkie and I had to watch some games.

You know you could have streamed them for free on atdhe net like everybody else is doing, but it isn't in HD though so you take some you leave some

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/...eId=1520900019

Boxscore of Memphis Grizzlies vs New York Knicks June 14,2009

so far Carroll looks like he is legit can knock down the jumper, Sam Young is a flat out stud i can't wait to see this lineup during stretches

PG: Mayo
SG: Young
SF: Gay
PF: Randolph
C: Thabeet

a dunkfest it will be

Arthur is still a low percentage big man, we should all be happy we got Randolph a big upgrade. Thabeet has no offense at all, but he is such a big body will help us alot on the defense end. Haddadi right now looks to be the better player than Thabeet. it is only the first quarter but this are just some of thee mental notes i am taking lets see if Thabeet can show me something.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
You know you could have streamed them for free on atdhe net like everybody else is doing, but it isn't in HD though so you take some you leave some

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/...eId=1520900019

Boxscore of Memphis Grizzlies vs New York Knicks June 14,2009

so far Carroll looks like he is legit can knock down the jumper, Sam Young is a flat out stud i can't wait to see this lineup during stretches

PG: Mayo
SG: Young
SF: Gay
PF: Randolph
C: Thabeet

a dunkfest it will be

Arthur is still a low percentage big man, we should all be happy we got Randolph a big upgrade. Thabeet has no offense at all, but he is such a big body will help us alot on the defense end. Haddadi right now looks to be the better player than Thabeet. it is only the first quarter but this are just some of thee mental notes i am taking lets see if Thabeet can show me something.

It says on the box score DA had 7 PFs. How's this possible? Is there a rule in the foul department in the summer league I don't know about?

Other than that, I am liking DA's numbers. Thabeet's numbers are making me puke for a 7'3 guys.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
It says on the box score DA had 7 PFs. How's this possible? Is there a rule in the foul department in the summer league I don't know about?

Other than that, I am liking DA's numbers. Thabeet's numbers are making me puke for a 7'3 guys.

In summer i don't think you can foul out (correct me if i am wrong people)

and yeah Thabeet the dude can't play on the offense end zero is slow as hell. He is tall so he will be a go defender just because of his height and length. There honestly isn't that much difference between him and Haddadi right now. Grizzlies fans i hate to say it, but as of this moment Haddadi>Thabeet at least overall game. Thabeet is still better at defense and that is all we need him for.

The grizzlies just got lucky in the draft lottery we were suppose to get what the 8th pick or so, but got the second. Like everybody on ISH has been saying we have a really nice core group of you guys in OJ Mayo " The Next One", Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley. We added a vet maybe not the best Role model in Zach Randolph. A defensive player to control the paint in Thabeet that's he is there for. And a really good bench in Arthur, Carroll, Young who i think can become a starter in this league after 3 years or so he can flat out score the basketball reminds me a little of Josh Howard.

I expect us to make the playoffs and make noise. Mayo and Gay's game will take of like rockets this year just watch.

Last edited by O.J A 6'4Mamba : 07-14-2009 at 09:40 PM.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #20
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
In summer i don't think you can foul out (correct me if i am wrong people)

and yeah Thabeet the dude can't play on the offense end zero is slow as hell. He is tall so he will be a go defender just because of his height and length. There honestly isn't that much difference between him and Haddadi right now. Grizzlies fans i hate to say it, but as of this moment Haddadi>Thabeet at least overall game. Thabeet is still better at defense and that is all we need him for.

The grizzlies just got lucky in the draft lottery we were suppose to get what the 8th pick or so, but got the second. Like everybody on ISH has been saying we have a really nice core group of you guys in OJ Mayo " The Next One", Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley. We added a vet maybe not the best Role model in Zach Randolph. A defensive player to control the paint in Thabeet that's he is there for. And a really good bench in Arthur, Carroll, Young who i think can become a starter in this league after 3 years or so he can flat out score the basketball reminds me a little of Josh Howard.

I expect us to make the playoffs and make noise. Mayo and Gay's game will take of like rockets this year just watch.

Well, even though I can see the games, but from what I have been reading about Thabeet and Haddadi, I don't really know what to say about it. Hamad wasn't really given much of a chance last season to show what he could do. We need Hamad to show Thabeet up so that he can be determined to get better.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #21
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Marcus Williams body looks exactly like Deron William's now.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 AM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Williams with another good game, 16/5/5. If he keeps playing like this, I think we might be seeing him in a Grizz uni next season.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
jailer
MillionDollarException

Thabeet doesnt get any touches on the offense. Arthur has really worked on his outside shot. He shoots with no hesitation now when hes open. Marcus Williams is looking really good. I am also likeing sam young he knows what to do out there and isnt making that many mistakes. And carrol plays to the max all the time.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #24
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Thabeet doesnt get any touches on the offense. Arthur has really worked on his outside shot. He shoots with no hesitation now when hes open. Marcus Williams is looking really good. I am also likeing sam young he knows what to do out there and isnt making that many mistakes. And carrol plays to the max all the time.

If the Z-Bo trade doesn't fall through then I don't mind Arthur starting if he could hit the J.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #25
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
If the Z-Bo trade doesn't fall through then I don't mind Arthur starting if he could hit the J.
I think the Randolph deal is as good as completed at the moment, i.e. little to no chance of it falling through. Although Arthur as a backup is going to be good, considering he seems to have realised his niche (there's an article on CA about him - good read).
Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #26
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I think the Randolph deal is as good as completed at the moment, i.e. little to no chance of it falling through. Although Arthur as a backup is going to be good, considering he seems to have realised his niche (there's an article on CA about him - good read).
Arthur is gonna be the third big off the bench. He will be playing behind Randolph, Warrik, and either Thabeet or Gasol. So his role is gonna be more of an energetic big off the bench
Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #27
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Arthur is gonna be the third big off the bench. He will be playing behind Randolph, Warrik, and either Thabeet or Gasol. So his role is gonna be more of an energetic big off the bench
Unfortunately, with all the additions this offseason, he'll be lucky to average more than 15mpg next season.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #28
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Unfortunately, with all the additions this offseason, he'll be lucky to average more than 15mpg next season.

I don't think he'll be playing at all. Remember Randolph is a heavy minute guy and averages 30-35 minutes a game. Warrick will probably fill in the remaining minutes at PF.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #29
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
I don't think he'll be playing at all. Remember Randolph is a heavy minute guy and averages 30-35 minutes a game. Warrick will probably fill in the remaining minutes at PF.

If we resign Hak, that is.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #30
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Randolph gets injured every year though. So expect arthur to pick up some minutes when that happens.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: