Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 06-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Your 2009-10 Milwaukee Bucks team

Seems the Bucks kinda went the wrong way when they traded Yi for Jefferson. Now it seems they drafted nothing.

Anyway here's your Bucks team for next season. I'm thinking the Bucks would be pretty far off the luxury tax so they can resign Prince Luc, CV and Sessions.

Bogut
CV
Prince Luc
Redd
Sessions

Hopefully the Bucks can trade Redd to a contender (closest maybe is Cleveland). However, the Cavs don't seem to have any young players to offer.

It's gonna be a long year for Bucks fans
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Your 2009-10 Milwaukee Bucks team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Seems the Bucks kinda went the wrong way when they traded Yi for Jefferson. Now it seems they drafted nothing.

Anyway here's your Bucks team for next season. I'm thinking the Bucks would be pretty far off the luxury tax so they can resign Prince Luc, CV and Sessions.

Bogut
CV

Prince Luc

Redd
Sessions

Hopefully the Bucks can trade Redd to a contender (closest maybe is Cleveland). However, the Cavs don't seem to have any young players to offer.

It's gonna be a long year for Bucks fans

Hang in there Bucks Fans...I know y'all have to upset. I was pissed when the Nets traded Jefferson for YI and then i thought well at least the Bucks are going to be decent with Jefferson and Redd, but now they trade Jefferson to the Spurs? Good move for the Spurs, horrible for the Bucks.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Hang in there Bucks Fans...I know y'all have to upset. I was pissed when the Nets traded Jefferson for YI and then i thought well at least the Bucks are going to be decent with Jefferson and Redd, but now they trade Jefferson to the Spurs? Good move for the Spurs, horrible for the Bucks.

i just hate guys who don't know what they are talking about. Great trade for the bucks. this team was going nowhere with RJ
you have to think about the future.
with RJ and redd it was a 40 win plan sucks

now we rebuild. love it
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

Good Season = Resigning Charlie V and Sessions. Signing Ilyasova. Drafting a quality forward or Shooting Guard.

Questionable Season = Resigning either Charlie V or Sessions. Drafting PG or PF depending on who they resign.

Bad Season = Don't resign either Charlie V or Sessions. Draft PG in first round, PF in second round. Start from scratch...bleh. Here we go again.

My ideal lineup...

Bogut/Gadzuric
Mbah a Moute/Ilyasova/Alexander
Villanueva/Johnson/second round pick (Jeff Adrien? Josh Heytvelt?)
Redd/first round pick (DeRozan? T. Williams?)
Sessions/Ridnour

Luc Richard, Charlie V, and a second round pick could interchange 3 and 4 positions.

Last edited by Ian : 06-24-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot
this team was going nowhere with RJ
you have to think about the future.
with RJ and redd it was a 40 win plan sucks

now we rebuild. love it

The Jefferson trade was more of a one step back move. Instead of shooting themselves in the foot by hanging on to Jefferson, they swallow their lumps and stop the bleeding
Old 06-25-2009, 03:27 AM   #6
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
The Jefferson trade was more of a one step back move. Instead of shooting themselves in the foot by hanging on to Jefferson, they swallow their lumps and stop the bleeding

No.
in order to keep RJ they had to lose 2 young talents in CV and Sessions. Also they weren't able to bring back Ersan.
And because Redd was down, RJ was the only one they could trade.
Now they resign Sessions, draft Hill or Derozan, maybe bring Ilyasova over (i think he can be better than CV) and the bucks have an excellent group of young guys.
They'll also have like 18 mil $ for next summer. Maybe Hammond can sign a superstar with the max

I like what Hammond is doing. It had to be done 2-3 seasons ago but later is better than never
Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

I don't think Ersan is quite as talented as Charlie V. I remember watching him play his rookie season and being very impressed, but not quite as impressed as I was with CV this year. However...this isn't to say that he doesn't have the ability to compete for the starting SF postion. Apparently he has been doing very well over seas. I think I saw he was averaging something like 16pts/15 rebounds per game--very good. How that would translate to the NBA is still up in the air. I was at a game where he dropped 30-some points, though, so who knows.

Again, with a player like Ilyasova coming off the bench for Mbah a Moute the Bucks have a great Defense/Offensive platoon.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Again, with a player like Ilyasova coming off the bench for Mbah a Moute the Bucks have a great Defense/Offensive platoon.

Now where does Joel Aexander fit in?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #9
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I don't think Ersan is quite as talented as Charlie V. I remember watching him play his rookie season and being very impressed, but not quite as impressed as I was with CV this year. However...this isn't to say that he doesn't have the ability to compete for the starting SF postion. Apparently he has been doing very well over seas. I think I saw he was averaging something like 16pts/15 rebounds per game--very good. How that would translate to the NBA is still up in the air. I was at a game where he dropped 30-some points, though, so who knows.

Ilyasova was in his rookie season not in his 4th season like CV was. And he was only 19.
Also he evolved from a SF to PF.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

I liked the Bucks' picks.

Our starting lineup will probably look something like this...

Jennings/Ridnour
Redd/Meeks/Bell
Villanueva/Johnson/Allen
Bogut/Gadzuric

Interesting...
Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 PM   #11
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I liked the Bucks' picks.

Our starting lineup will probably look something like this...

Jennings/Ridnour
Redd/Meeks/Bell
Villanueva/Johnson/Allen
Bogut/Gadzuric

Interesting...

I would have preferred a scorer shooting guard as they need to replace Redd asap. However, since there was no one available guess the Bucks should be happy for Jennings.

Redd is a shooter and not really much of an efficient scorer. It's pretty well known by now but they won't win with Redd as the first option. See, outside of Redd, C.V. is the best scorer on the team, when he should've been a 4th option at best.

Hopefully the Bucks can sign and trade Sessions for something.....
Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
wal0645
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wal0645 has an OK reputation so far

Jennings will be a major upgrade over what we have had. Sessions is ok, but people are gonna be surprised how talented Brandon will be. I believe he will be the best of all these talented PG's drafted. Amir Johnson is better suited to play PF than CV anyway. We need someone who plays defense and rebounds, not a scorer like CV. I could see Amir complimenting Bogut real well. Moute will be the SF and we know he is a solid defender who will get you around 10 points/game. Redd/Meeks look like a solid pair of SG. I loved RJ, but after next year he was a gone anyway and CV/Sessions don't warrant big contracts in my opinion. I believe Ridnour will be moved and hopefully we find a new home for Alexander who is useless.
wal0645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #13
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal0645
hopefully we find a new home for Alexander who is useless.

Hammond said that he's bigger and stronger now
Old 07-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pick the Bucks stars .......

Their core is gone ...

They have Bogut (back will always be in question)
They have Redd ( age- time to leave and win with someone else)
They have Sessions ( Growing with strides , but not a star)

then they have this :

Johnson (young role player)
Joe axe role player
Ridnour (shoeless defense ... humm)
Bell (sloppy O / D when he decides to play - role player)
IIyasova - never played D , does Europe inspire D like the big boys ? role player.

a 6'1" Jennings to rescue the Bucks - I am sure his D will spook Kobe.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Is Ilyasova gonna be signed or what?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: