Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #166
KoolKat
National High School Star
 
KoolKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,292
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8J421LnsFQ

B!tch takes it upon herself to hit the guy, he retaliates (justified IMO), and then he gets jumped by 8 guys.

Oh, and LMAO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLe7z...eature=related

Classic : " How can she slap ? "
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #167
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
MarloStanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,607
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

lol at some of you e-tough guys.

i know people who are tough in real life and trust me they don't take kindly to laying hands on women.

yes some females take advantage of the fact that men aren't going to get physical with them. the majority do not however and it doesn't justify assault. tripping an intoxicated female on concrete can end poorly even if you aren't attempting to seriously hurt her. it's not smart.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #168
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09
 
phoenix18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 15,669
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
lol at some of you e-tough guys.

i know people who are tough in real life and trust me they don't take kindly to laying hands on women.

yes some females take advantage of the fact that men aren't going to get physical with them. the majority do not however and it doesn't justify assault. tripping an intoxicated female on concrete can end poorly even if you aren't attempting to seriously hurt her. it's not smart.
I find irony in this statement.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #169
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
MarloStanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,607
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I find irony in this statement.
and you're a boring/sh*tty poster that probably just learned what irony was in 10th grade english class.

any other observations you wanna touch on?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #170
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
lol at some of you e-tough guys.

It has nothing to do with acting tough. It's about the treatment that one person will tolerate. ANYBODY who initiates physical contact deserves retaliation IMO. I'm sick of the prevailing attitude in this country of a total lack of responsibility. If you do something, there will be a consequence. I can't walk around spitting in people's faces, throwing drinks, slapping, etc and expect nothing to come of it because that isn't reality.

Quote:
i know people who are tough in real life and trust me they don't take kindly to laying hands on women.

I don't take too kindly to it either. I'm not advocating violence, I'm simply saying that women shouldn't expect to get off free and do whatever they want just because they have a ******.

Quote:
yes some females take advantage of the fact that men aren't going to get physical with them. the majority do not however and it doesn't justify assault. tripping an intoxicated female on concrete can end poorly even if you aren't attempting to seriously hurt her. it's not smart.
I agree. He shouldn't have done that. But part of me knows she probably deserved it, even though it wasn't right.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #171
giantgonzolez
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 398
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
If that girl was associated with me in any way I would have beat that dudes a$$ quick.

I may have even beat his a$$ if I didn't know her, and nobody did anything after a few seconds.


I understand a drink in the face will piss you off... but she didn't even strike him. If she had hit him really hard or something maybe I let it go.

If you did, then 20 Mexican dudes would have beat you to a bloody pulp, and you would deserve every bit of it for blaming the victim instead of the agressor.
giantgonzolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #172
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09
 
phoenix18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 15,669
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
and you're a boring/sh*tty poster that probably just learned what irony was in 10th grade english class.

any other observations you wanna touch on?
You just said,"lol at you e-tough guys" and you are saying this? Again, I find irony in this statement. Just because I disagree does not give you the right to throw me under the bus. Internet Gangster. I come on ISH to have conversation, not to get berated by some guy I dont know.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #173
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,447
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Put him in a body bag! Yeaaaaah!!
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #174
JayGuevara
Hellbound
 
JayGuevara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,799
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
lol at some of you e-tough guys.

i know people who are tough in real life and trust me they don't take kindly to laying hands on women.

yes some females take advantage of the fact that men aren't going to get physical with them. the majority do not however and it doesn't justify assault. tripping an intoxicated female on concrete can end poorly even if you aren't attempting to seriously hurt her. it's not smart.

As I stated earlier, and have many times in the past, there's a distinct difference between hitting a woman and beating a bitch. There's a world of difference between females and *****es. I'm clearly not wearing a cape, I am not Captain SaveAHo, so if they chose that pathway instead of the one of a respectful female, so be it. I probably woulda followed it up with an elbow drop too. Then flexed for the camera and did the Macho Man "OOOOHHHHH YEAHHHH" and walked off screen.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #175
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 12,997
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Put him in a body bag! Yeaaaaah!!


Thats literally one of my favorite lines in that movie.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnvXpLOzKeQ
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #176
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09
 
phoenix18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 15,669
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
As I stated earlier, and have many times in the past, there's a distinct difference between hitting a woman and beating a bitch. There's a world of difference between females and *****es. I'm clearly not wearing a cape, I am not Captain SaveAHo, so if they chose that pathway instead of the one of a respectful female, so be it. I probably woulda followed it up with an elbow drop too. Then flexed for the camera and did the Macho Man "OOOOHHHHH YEAHHHH" and walked off screen.
I had something to say but forgot. Seriously, it is extremely hard to walk away. Trust me.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #177
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
MarloStanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,607
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
As I stated earlier, and have many times in the past, there's a distinct difference between hitting a woman and beating a bitch. There's a world of difference between females and *****es. I'm clearly not wearing a cape, I am not Captain SaveAHo, so if they chose that pathway instead of the one of a respectful female, so be it. I probably woulda followed it up with an elbow drop too. Then flexed for the camera and did the Macho Man "OOOOHHHHH YEAHHHH" and walked off screen.
Yeah I agree my point is that every time a female is out of line it doesn't warrant a beat down. Sometimes people get drunk and do stupid sh*t (I know I have/do) and it doesn't mean they should get beaten up. I wouldn't be affiliated with a chick who would throw a beer on a random dude but I also wouldn't resort to violence if some annoying drunk spring breaker did that sh*t to me.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #178
GreatGreg
College star
 
GreatGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chi-city
Posts: 4,239
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat
Classic : " How can she slap ? "
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #179
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
MarloStanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,607
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
You just said,"lol at you e-tough guys" and you are saying this? Again, I find irony in this statement. Just because I disagree does not give you the right to throw me under the bus. Internet Gangster. I come on ISH to have conversation, not to get berated by some guy I dont know.
Saying what exactly? That you come off as a kid with little real world experience? Or you don't have a strong grasp of what irony is?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #180
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09
 
phoenix18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 15,669
Default Re: American girl gets a whopping in Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Saying what exactly? That you come off as a kid with little real world experience? Or you don't have a strong grasp of what irony is?
When did I ever say I was a kid? Little real world experience? I have some directions, read before you bash.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy