Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #31
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 1 round with Fedor

On one hand, I stand corrected.

On the other hand, i'm sure those werent the only two guys to ever fight pro fighters before. Just the only ones that made headlines, because something serious happened.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #32
lolwut
I tip for good cervix.

lolwut has decent reputationlolwut has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
On one hand, I stand corrected.

On the other hand, i'm sure those werent the only two guys to ever fight pro fighters before. Just the only ones that made headlines, because something serious happened.

I could have posted a bunch more...

I'm telling you 99.9% of us would incur PERMANENT damage after being hit less than 3 times....probably once.

we're talking about FEDOR here...Fedor.

even fat Mike Tyson would hospitalize big tough 45 year old Gobb with 1 shot. boxing gloves or not.
lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #33
iamgine

iamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this board

What if Fedor is paid

$10,000 for Normal KO

$100,000 for Broken bones

$100,000,000 for Coma

$1000,000,000 for Death
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut
wtf are you talking about?

Your weak ass going down with a glancing blow

Quote:
Second. Making sweeping generalizations about someone's intelligence is a clear indication of an actual idiot.

Wrong dipshyt. He's known to make idiotic statements on this board.

Quote:
Ok so we have two extremes here. Gobb who thinks he could do anything but get dropped as soon as even a fat ass Mike Tyson got anywhere near him

How does my taking my chances by getting in the ring for 3 rounds (if it lasts that long) for $$$$$ vs an out of shape, overweight Tyson with 3 months of training = omg i wouldnt get KO'd by Tyson. I'm He-Man!

If you can explain that to me without changing what you said? I'll paypal you $50. Remember you said what I typed was extreme. So you either show what I said was extreme or say you misread which many posters here have problems doing.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #35
CantStop
Banned

CantStop has decent reputation

GOBB you're a f*cking idiot. 19 years of training and you still couldn't handle current Tyson let alone stand a chance against prime Tyson.
CantStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I also think it is ridiculous for anyone here to say they could actually go toe-to-toe with Mike (fat Mike) for more than 1 round...assuming that you are actually fighting and exchanging blows that is...

Sorry you're a p*ssy.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop
GOBB you're a f*cking idiot. 19 years of training and you still couldn't handle current Tyson let alone stand a chance against prime Tyson.

What does a prime Tyson have to do with this thread? Absolutely nothing. Congraduations on posting something irrelevant. Hooray!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #38
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How does my taking my chances by getting in the ring for 3 rounds (if it lasts that long) for $$$$$ vs an out of shape, overweight Tyson with 3 months of training = omg i wouldnt get KO'd by Tyson. I'm He-Man!

If you can explain that to me without changing what you said? I'll paypal you $50. Remember you said what I typed was extreme. So you either show what I said was extreme or say you misread which many posters here have problems doing.

Quote:
I could hop into the ring with Mike Tyson (again as is) and take him on

I've never heard anyone say this about someone and NOT mean that they didnt think they would get KTFO.

"I can take him on" = I have a chance. No. You DONT have a chance.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I've never heard anyone say this about someone and NOT mean that they didnt think they would get KTFO.

KTFO?

Quote:
"I can take him on" = I have a chance. No. You DONT have a chance.

Speak for yourself.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #40
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Sorry you're a p*ssy.
no, I just have realistic perceptions...

do you box GOBB?...did you grow up fighting in a ring?

if you want to make a legit arguement here then you are going to have to show some kind of evidence that you could even block one of Mike's punches without falling down...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

primtime you're just a certified p*ssy. I wouldnt be shocked if we were at a bar and I got jumped. What would you do? Sit in your car thinking of a BS story. "Dood i thought you guys were just playing.".
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #42
AtticusPigeon11
High School JV MVP

AtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat coolAtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat cool

I honestly don't know.

I've banged my head on concrete ceiling elevating durin' plyometrics, broken my arm, bruised just about every part of my body moderately bad before. Taken a punch to the jaw, and a few black eyez, but never something of Fedor Caliber.

I'd say a cool million is straight. Nice, round even number and if worst comes to worst I'd beg for mercy lol. Tyson.. hmmm. I'd frantically put my fists to cover my face, but I think I can take most shots to the body sans underneath the ribs.

By the way, GoBB stop being mean to -primetime-. He is a nice fellow who behaves humbly and is a role model to the cocky teenagers out there.
AtticusPigeon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
primtime you're just a certified p*ssy. I wouldnt be shocked if we were at a bar and I got jumped. What would you do? Sit in your car thinking of a BS story. "Dood i thought you guys were just playing.".
I've been jumped numerous times in my life...(how am I in my car at a bar?)

If we were kickin it (depending on the situation) there is no question that I would either try to break it up or fight back...

that has absolutly NOTHING to do with actually being able to last more than 3 seconds in a ring with Mike...

why not ask me what I would do if we were kickin it on a boat and a Great White shark attacked you...???...that also has nothing to do with boxing Mike, but maybe you could get me to say "I would let you die" this time...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #44
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusPigeon11

By the way, GoBB stop being mean to -primetime-. He is a nice fellow who behaves humbly and is a role model to the cocky teenagers out there.

Fedor would definitely **** me up.....hell most MMA guys probably would but...an overweight, out of shape Tyson would not dominate anyone. Yeah, he probably still has crazy strength behind his punches but the dude is old and out of shape. You guys act like he is still the world champion and knocking mother****ers out...

For Fedor....I'll do a round for a million. People are gonna want to see me getting my ass beat so he will probably get thrown something like $4-5M lol.

For Tyson....I'll do it for $500K. As long as I dance around and throw little jabs and don't get cute....I think I could go a couple rounds....but, the minute he get's a good punch in....I'm done.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #45
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa

Fedor would definitely **** me up.....hell most MMA guys probably would but...an overweight, out of shape Tyson would not dominate anyone. Yeah, he probably still has crazy strength behind his punches but the dude is old and out of shape. You guys act like he is still the world champion and knocking mother****ers out...

For Fedor....I'll do a round for a million. People are gonna want to see me getting my ass beat so he will probably get thrown something like $4-5M lol.

For Tyson....I'll do it for $500K. As long as I dance around and throw little jabs and don't get cute....I think I could go a couple rounds....but, the minute he get's a good punch in....I'm done.
I am just acting like no one here could last a round with him, that is all...

here is Mike fighting at age 40:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzr2_qEc0Ss

most people that don't grow up fighting can really only throw a power punch with one of their arms...the other arm is useless other than jabs...

you have to remember that Mike has years of practice under his belt, it isn't like he gained weight and suddenly lost all his cordination...

hell, Mike never even had stamina to begin with...that fat could be just like George Foreman's fat...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: