Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #16
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: California's going to hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
the california DMV took me for 400 fukcing dollars this morning. All for late registration, such bull **** i feel like i got conned.
Thats all the states. Try getting your tags in Georgia.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #17
Looptroop
I airball my layups

Looptroop has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
you think the loss of all of Texas' refineries wouldnt be a huge blow to the country?

There's oil in California. Compared to the loss of all of California, no, it wouldn't be huge. We import most of our oil anyway. Plus, god forbid, we actually find an alternative fuel.
Looptroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #18
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looptroop
There's oil in California. Compared to the loss of all of California, no, it wouldn't be huge. We import most of our oil anyway. Plus, god forbid, we actually find an alternative fuel.
Maybe Hollywood will stop making these crappy ass remakes all the time and actually be creative.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's better than a whole shutdown; you should be happy, not complaining.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Good luck using crude oil
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #21
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yeah the furloughs kinda suck, but c'mon, if that's your example as to why our state is in the s**t then you're not very creative. We can't even budget, for f**k's sake.

Cali >>> Texas. Not that I don't enjoy my visits to my family in Texas, but as far as importance to the country, it's not even close. California has the most important ports, 3 of the largest cities, a huge amount of farm land and copious natural resources. Assuming California could secede (Which couldn't happen, but bear with me), it could, in theory, but a successful independent nation. It has the population and massive economy necessary.

Texas has all of what you just said minus the furloughs.

But as of right now, Texas' economy isn't going through furloughs and having to completely shut it self down. In these hard times, people are coming to Texas to find jobs.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #22
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
you think the loss of all of Texas' refineries wouldnt be a huge blow to the country?

Cali's got a sh!tload of refineries as well.

Cali has the geysers, oil, gas, steam, geothermal, wind and solar and their economy is still suffering. It's sad and pathetic. Cali has absolutely zero reasoning for having a crappy economy right now.

It's ridiculous and can be pointed to management I guess.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #23
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

honestly, i love california. but the only thing it has over texas is the weather. there is a reason why people are leaving cali in droves.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:44 AM   #24
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Cali's got a sh!tload of refineries as well.

Cali has the geysers, oil, gas, steam, geothermal, wind and solar and their economy is still suffering. It's sad and pathetic. Cali has absolutely zero reasoning for having a crappy economy right now.

It's ridiculous and can be pointed to management I guess.
hmmm color me corrected then. i knew they had some but i didnt realize the extent.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 AM   #25
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Like I've always said...Texas > Cali.

Texas just hates being number 2.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #26
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
honestly, i love california. but the only thing it has over texas is the weather. there is a reason why people are leaving cali in droves.

California has the 3 W's that no state can top.

the Weed
the Women and
the Weather

1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #27
Looptroop
I airball my layups

Looptroop has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Texas has all of what you just said minus the furloughs.

But as of right now, Texas' economy isn't going through furloughs and having to completely shut it self down. In these hard times, people are coming to Texas to find jobs.

Quick wiki search says: California has the seventh largest economy in the world. Texas is 12th. In millions, California's GDP is 1,812,968 and Texas' is 1,141,965. California is responsible for 13 percent of the US economy.
Looptroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #28
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner

Texas just hates being number 2.

The present state of California shows otherwise.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #29
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Quick wiki search says: California has the seventh largest economy in the world. Texas is 12th. In millions, California's GDP is 1,812,968 and Texas' is 1,141,965. California is responsible for 13 percent of the US economy.

The unemployment rate of California is almost double of Texas.

California is in massive debt right now.

There're going through furloughs. The DMV is costing a fortune.

Yes, Cali has a huge economy but when you spend way more than your budget......well, this is what happens.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 AM   #30
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Texas and Cali are a lot a like anyways...Both have variety of landscapes and both have oil and both have big economies.

Except one is "mainly" conservative and the other is "mainly" liberal.

Both have their share of shythole towns as well.

Both have Sea Worlds

weather and women in cali > weather and women in texas

i just mentioned bakersfield because that is quite possibly the worst city in the united states that i have ever been to. If you havent gotten a chance to get out of that hell hole yet you should make it down to civilization some time and enjoy california.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: