Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #31
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: California's going to hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
weather and women in cali > weather and women in texas

i just mentioned bakersfield because that is quite possibly the worst city in the united states that i have ever been to. If you havent gotten a chance to get out of that hell hole yet you should make it down to civilization some time and enjoy california.

I've gone to San Francisco and that's about it. It was ok. It was a little too weird and had way too many homeless people...waaaaaaay more than any other big city I've been too. Too many tourists as well.

I'll be hitting up San Diego and parts of LA in August.

The weather in texas isn't that bad once you get used to it. I honestly didn't mind playing sports in the heat as long as I had water. Women are pretty much the same in both states. Fine women will be found in any state.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #32
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I've gone to San Francisco and that's about it. It was ok. It was a little too weird and had way too many homeless people...waaaaaaay more than any other big city I've been too. Too many tourists as well.

The weather in texas isn't that bad once you get used to it. I honestly didn't mind playing sports in the heat as long as I had water. Women are pretty much the same in both states. Fine women will be found in any state.

san diego is awesome, really laid back. depending on where you go in la you'll get a different impression, very diverse.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #33
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
san diego is awesome, really laid back. depending on where you go in la you'll get a different impression, very diverse.

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm going to stay on hostels. It's cheaper and I think it'll give me a much better experience than staying in a hotel.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:28 AM   #34
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

you can't base all of California only off SF. Northern California and Southern California are like 2 completely different places. the furthest north i would suggest going is up to the Sonoma/Napa counties in the North Bay, some of the best wine in the entire would is made there. If you are really into nature and ish like that, Mount. Shasta and Lake Shasta are both beautiful places. idk where you went in SF, there are some nice cities in the East Bay, and some real nice ones in the South Bay, San Jose, Palo Alto, Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, all very nice cities. As you go south you got Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, San Luis Obisbo, Santa Barbra, Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Oxnard, LA, San Diego, Hollywood, Malibu. California has a little bit of everything to offer.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:45 AM   #35
Looptroop
I airball my layups

Looptroop has an OK reputation so far

The ultimate California experience is skateboarding, surfing and snowboarding all in one day. It's entirely possible. You can surf the mornings in El Porto or wherever, skate around and be at Big Bear snowboarding by mid-afternoon. Now THAT is something you can't do in Texas.

If you're coming to California, do not visit Fresno or Bakersfield. Unless you're trying to buy meth, then by all means visit the aforementioned.
Looptroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:49 AM   #36
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looptroop
The ultimate California experience is skateboarding, surfing and snowboarding all in one day. It's entirely possible. You can surf the mornings in El Porto or wherever, skate around and be at Big Bear snowboarding by mid-afternoon. Now THAT is something you can't do in Texas.

If you're coming to California, do not visit Fresno or Bakersfield. Unless you're trying to buy meth, then by all means visit the aforementioned.

LOL seriously, buy meth and shoot up in 115 degree weather.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #37
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
you can't base all of California only off SF. Northern California and Southern California are like 2 completely different places. the furthest north i would suggest going is up to the Sonoma/Napa counties in the North Bay, some of the best wine in the entire would is made there. If you are really into nature and ish like that, Mount. Shasta and Lake Shasta are both beautiful places. idk where you went in SF, there are some nice cities in the East Bay, and some real nice ones in the South Bay, San Jose, Palo Alto, Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, all very nice cities. As you go south you got Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, San Luis Obisbo, Santa Barbra, Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Oxnard, LA, San Diego, Hollywood, Malibu. California has a little bit of everything to offer.

Thanks but for the most part I'm going to San Diego for two days...make a stop in LA then go to Santa Barbara and go to Las Vegas with my dad for a couple nights then back to home in Texas.

For the most part, I'm here in Bakersfield to get experience and make some money. I don't plan to come back here though. I can work in the oil fields in Texas and commute from DFW area and get the small town feel and city feel at the same time.

And Bakersfield and Fresno are parts of California whether you want them to be or not.

Last edited by Hawker : 07-15-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 AM   #38
1manfastbreak
just win

you'll be singin a differnt tune once you vist SD, LA and Santa Barbra.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:05 AM   #39
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
you'll be singin a differnt tune once you vist SD, LA and Santa Barbra.

No...I'll just have a more rounded view of California than most people have. I've already taken the train to San Francisco and seen most of San Joaquin Valley.

And I've seen from I-10 to California and I've seen Ventura as well.

Pyramid Lake looks like something out of a movie.

Here's Pyramid Lake:

Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #40
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

**** YOU CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stupid budget cut... now i wont have school during winter. good one ****ers!! Washington please
nbastatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #41
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you don't rely on social services, or have a government job, it doesn't effect you much.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #42
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
the california DMV took me for 400 fukcing dollars this morning. All for late registration, such bull **** i feel like i got conned.

wait... you get a fee for late registration?

oh shit...

What if technically the car was just sold right around the time the registration came due to a new owner (me) and its just been...err, a few weeks?

Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:43 AM   #43
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
wait... you get a fee for late registration?

oh shit...

What if technically the car was just sold right around the time the registration came due to a new owner (me) and its just been...err, a few weeks?

i think its 10 days. check on the back and at the top of the title it says what the timeframe for vehicle transfer is, and id assume youd get that same time to register it.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: