Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Im Going To Be A Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
The kids aren't the problem, the baby mommas are the problem.

ding ding ding...
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #17
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Fallguy, if you have a kid, I feel sorry for him or her.

oh, and stfu n00b

Well since some of you think this thread has no point (it didnt actually, but regardles...) then lets put an obvious one in now: Would/will/are you a good father?

I can honestly say im going to be a great father. I just feel like everything in my life has been working towards 3 things... college life/career, pulling a girl, and raising a family. Its kinda weird because ive already kinda got this whole nesting mentality going on right now... like I really want to just settle down... which I know I would regret, but there you are.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
oh, and stfu n00b

Well since some of you think this thread has no point (it didnt actually, but regardles...) then lets put an obvious one in now: Would/will/are you a good father?

I can honestly say im going to be a great father. I just feel like everything in my life has been working towards 3 things... college life/career, pulling a girl, and raising a family. Its kinda weird because ive already kinda got this whole nesting mentality going on right now... like I really want to just settle down... which I know I would regret, but there you are.

When you're young having a wife and kids sounds like a death sentence. But when the time comes it's just another transformation that you and most of your friends will be going through. And it's awesome btw.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
When you're young having a wife and kids sounds like a death sentence. But when the time comes it's just another transformation that you and most of your friends will be going through. And it's awesome btw.

I dont doubt that, but im sure that right now its not the best thing is all. I wont regret it when im say 20+, but right now it would be a bit of a difficult blow to take.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
I dont doubt that, but im sure that right now its not the best thing is all. I wont regret it when im say 20+, but right now it would be a bit of a difficult blow to take.
I am 18 and I could see myself married right now. I dont see anything wrong with it.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #21
AtticusPigeon11
High School JV MVP

AtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat coolAtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat cool

I'mma combine the tenacity of Jake Shuttlesworth with the moral swag of Atticus Finch and my kidz will prevail over all you muthaphuckaz.

Of course growin' up as de eldest child helps plenty as well.
AtticusPigeon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #22
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is one ever REALLY ready to have a kid? I'm 27, turning 28 at the end of the year and the thought of raising a kid at this point scares me. I mean, I think I could do it, but there is still a lot of things that I want to do with my life first. Of course, people are always striving for self improvement, so I doubt that there is ever that "moment" where you feel like you've "arrived" and that you are ready to settle down.

Most people my age are married with kids (I'm assuming). I just look at that and go "wow, not me. Not yet." Is there ever a moment where one is TRULY ready?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Is one ever REALLY ready to have a kid? I'm 27, turning 28 at the end of the year and the thought of raising a kid at this point scares me. I mean, I think I could do it, but there is still a lot of things that I want to do with my life first. Of course, people are always striving for self improvement, so I doubt that there is ever that "moment" where you feel like you've "arrived" and that you are ready to settle down.

Most people my age are married with kids (I'm assuming). I just look at that and go "wow, not me. Not yet." Is there ever a moment where one is TRULY ready?

My personal experience is that it just happens and you sort of get taken along for the ride.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: