Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What's on your burger?

I'm talking about the ones you grill yourself. To me the back yard burger is one of the best American contributions to the culinary world. Here's some of mine:

First off, I grind my own beef (no, that's not a euphemism for whacking off). I use one of these:

I grind a mixture of 2/3 chuck, 1/3 sirloin. Form into patties and grill on hickory coals. One of my fave ways to serve them up:

Carolina style- with chili, slaw, mustard, lettuce, tomato and red onion.

What you guys got?

Last edited by rufuspaul : 07-15-2009 at 10:29 AM.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What's on your burger?

I had burgers last night actually. Delicious too.

Let's see, I had

Dijon Mustard (2 kinds)
Raspberry Mustard
Peanut Butter (unsweetened/unsalted)
Avacado
Green Onion
Dill Pickles (home made)

Yum. :)
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

start with a nice 1/2 lb of ground sirloin (85% / 15% fat), form a patty.
put a little worcestershire sauce on both sides of the meat.

then:
sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, a little white pepper, chili powder, and cumin on both sides.

give it a little rub with your fingers to get the seasonings into the meat.

grill to medium+. top with shredded colby and monterrey jack mix cheese, heinz ketchup, and a little tabasco. maybe some peppered bacon?

bun should be toasted on grill, maybe a small amount of butter on it prior to putting it on the grill.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

sharp cheddar cheese
bacon
sauteed onions
lettuce
tomato
light mayo
famous dave's devil's spit barbecue sauce

delicious.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Babies.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I had burgers last night actually. Delicious too.

Let's see, I had

Dijon Mustard (2 kinds)
Raspberry Mustard
Peanut Butter (unsweetened/unsalted)
Avacado
Green Onion
Dill Pickles (home made)

Yum. :)

Interesting. I imagine the peanut butter helps hold it together as well as adding a peanut flavor?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Interesting. I imagine the peanut butter helps hold it together as well as adding a peanut flavor?
I just did peanut butter on the bun actually - I picked up the tip from a local restaurant and haven't looked back. I figure they've won Best Burger in the City for the last 5 years, so they must be doing something right - and perhaps it's the PB.

I would imagine peanut butter would probably work in nicely with the beef prior to cooking though. Perhaps I'll try that next time. We didn't throw anything extra into the ground beef this time - just pure cow.

If I did add some extra PB to the mix beforehand, I'd definitely either go for the organic **** (which is king) or the Unsweetened/Unsalted Kraft (slightly worse but still tasty). The regular ol' Kraft would be a little overwhelm the ground beef a little bit methinks.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I had one at a local restaurant called the Sam I Am:

American Cheese
Fried Egg
Pesto sauce

It was surprisingly tasty.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I just did peanut butter on the bun actually

That's what I meant, not mixing it in with the meat beforehand.

Lazerface's and Saytown's sound delicious too. Damn I'm getting hungry.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
Knicks101
Taken

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cheddar
Bacon
BBQ Sauce
Fried Onions
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #11
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Cheddar
Bacon
BBQ Sauce
Fried Onions

Sauteed or deep-fried?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

-ranch
-lettuce
-tomato
-pickles
-pico de gayo
-pepper jack cheese

I think I'm going to cook a steak tonight when I get back from work.

And come on, in-n-out is ok but if that's your "burger" then wow...it's good for fast food and that's about it. Whataburger kicks its ass anyways.

Last edited by Hawker : 07-15-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nbastatus good call, that's my burger too
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
-ranch
-lettuce
-tomato
-pickles
-pico de gayo

I think I'm going to cook a steak tonight when I get back from work.

Interesting condiments Hawker. The pico de gayo shows your Texas roots and I guess the ranch shows how white you are.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: